Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!  (Read 19780 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2012, 06:09:42 pm »

"Just listen for a minute before you jump to conclusions," Amy said, rolling her eyes. "I said 'we should grab some weapons just to be safe', not 'we should totally shoot the shit out of them' which, trust me, I want to do, but I'm not going to waste ammo if we don't need to. What I'm tryin' to say is that I'm not going to pull the trigger first, but I want a damn trigger to pull if I have to. Got it?"

"Right on, right to bear arms and all that business. I've got no problem with that. While you're at it, be a peach and grab a laser pistol or something for me as well, will ya? I've got a nav console to watch, you know."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2012, 06:23:11 pm »

"I was talking to Simon but I kept getting ninja'd while trying to post. And if it wasn't for the fact you might need one I'd tell you I'm not your damn maid and go get it yourself. I'll see about getting you one if the situation down at the labs turns hostile."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »

Simon sighed.  "Just don't do anything rash, please?"

Go with the group.  If aliens are encountered, be receptive and greet them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2012, 10:45:11 pm »

"Oh bloody hell.Any orders, captain?"

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2012, 01:12:09 am »

Turn 5: Sting Spider attacks.

Shake it off, return to armory, put on heavy combat armor, holster 2 pistols and place utility tool in a pocket and pick up a rifle and strap it across my chest.

Look around the room for a bag, if I find one place 4 more pistols in it if not then carry 2 more and keep 2 in my holsters

Dr Leon S Malard

Frustrated bay his inability to do any thing. Leon slammed open the armory door. He was intent on
outfitting himself like a commando. ( Strength Roll: 6 ) He was seriously pissed off, and was not going
to let lack of upper body strength stop him. He donned the heaviest armor, and strapped a
weapon too every conceivable part of his body. Still not satisfied, he filled a nearby bag with
arm fulls of guns, abd then placed it under one arm. He felt ready for any thing or any one. He felt
like a badass. ( Endurance Roll: 6 )

Thou may say to thy self. "How can a man carry so much weight?" But what thy dose not
know, is that Sir Leon S Malard the Great and Mighty Doctor is no mere man. He is a hero of legend!
Born of fire and steel, baptized in the blood of his enemy's. His destiny was too great to summit
to the fickle wishes of gravity.  So, with a mighty War cry, Sir Leon S Malard the Great and Mighty
Doctor and carrier of very heavy things. Ran  ( Dexterity roll 4 - 1 ) Up a floor, too his companions and
Tried to handed them the mighty tools of battle in the mighty bag of might. But the change in his
center of mass proved too much for Sir Leon S Malard the Great and Mighty Doctor carrier, of very
heavy things, and runner of halls. He tipped over, fell face first into the ground, and immediately
lost consciousness.

( The crew on the first floor now has a mighty bag of weapons. Each of you on the first floor can
take two laser pistols, one utility tool, and ether a laser rifle, or a plasma rifle. )

Johann von Moltke, Amy Stanton, Sean O'Driscoll, Simon Tallage, and Stanislaw Chuzhinsky

"Well, that was quick. So much for shields and hulls." Johann pulled out his Sig-Sauer 922. "Alright, everyone who has a vague idea how to operate a gun, get one, and follow me. Stanislaw, you have the conn. Simon, if they cut through our hull, I don't think they're looking for us to give them Reese's Pieces. "

Open bridge blast door, summon security personnel to the areas around the science labs, close all doors and lock them that lead to science labs, then head to armory and put on light combat armor
"Yeah, I don't think that's the case Simon. Even if it is, we should grab some weapons just to be safe. Come on, to the armory. I'll get y'all suited up." Amy pulled out her pistol. "Let's go!"

Amy leads the way to the armory. If no hostiles are encountered on the way and they get there safely, she puts on light armor and grabs a laser rifle and two plasma grenades. Then she proceeds to the science labs and scopes out the situation.

After watching Leons embarrassing lack of balance, Captain Johann decided that it was time to give
orders. He called engineering. "Sean, lock down the labs blast doors, then meet me in the armory."
"You got it captain" said Sean. "Simon, grab a plasma rifle from the bag, and guard the mess hall. If
we lose that the bridge is next." "But we cant kill them they are our first contacted! We should be
making peace between our two species, not killing each other!" Johann grabbed Simon by the collar,
and pushed him against the wall. "listen here Tallage, you will shoot if they pose a threat to you or
the ship, If you don't, I will personally shove you out the air lock. Do you understand me officer?"
"Yes sir," Simon said, his voice filled with venom. "Good," Johann let go of the collar. "Now get moving!"

Simon grabbed a plasma rifle from the bag, and then went to the mess hall. "Stanislaw, step on the
gas, Amy, You are coming with me too the armory." " You got it Cap, lets go" Johann, and Amy left
the bridge, leaving Stanislaw alone with the sleeping doctor. "uhh, I Knew we should of went around."

Johann, and Amy met Sean in the armor, and they started getting suited up. Johann just put on
light combat armor. Amy grabbed light armor, as well as a laser rifle, and two plasma grenades.
Sean took a plasma rifle, and some light combat armor. After they were all ready, they left for
the labs.

Waiting for his companions, Simon watched the door leading from the labs to the mess hall. He
was angry at the captain for making him do this. " That shithead will cause a intergalactic war
at this rate. Dose he know that we are not a warship? I bet he is... OOH FUCK! Simon fell backwards
onto the floor when the door he was watching suddenly melted into green goo. The aliens had
broken in.     

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2012, 03:23:43 am »

"Aye aye, cap'n! We'll be sailin' outta these treacherous waters before ya know it."

Grab a laser pistol from the pile. Can't remain totally defenseless, after all. Also, grab a utility tool, whatever that is. Pilot the ship out of the cloud.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:50:00 am by Harry Baldman »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2012, 05:47:19 am »

(( Damn, could of done without passing out but under the circumstances that was a damned impressive display of awesome. ))

Wake the hell up!!!, we have aliens to kill and more importantly, I have aliens to hack into little bloody pieces and disect!!!!!
Position myself at the entrance to the bridge with the laser rifle ready.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:49:16 am by mesor »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2012, 07:00:26 am »

((... Not much I can do right now but wait is there?))

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2012, 07:32:22 am »

You are with the others now. You can help them.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2012, 07:35:46 am »

((I don't like writing 'nothing' action. Just have me support them.))

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2012, 07:37:55 am »

ok, if that's what you want. There will be more for you to do soon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2012, 01:01:08 pm »

Simon recoiled.  This was insane!  Surely violence wasn't the answer here!  He wasn't even sure how to use this thing!

Attempt to communicate with them.  Only open fire if all else fails or the entire ship is at risk.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2012, 09:40:22 pm »

Amy waited to see if Simon's diplomacy attempt worked. If it didn't, it was time to open fire.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2012, 10:57:36 pm »

Turn 6: Peace Talks

Dr Leon S Malard

(( Damn, could of done without passing out but under the circumstances that was a damned impressive display of awesome. ))

Wake the hell up!!!, we have aliens to kill and more importantly, I have aliens to hack into little bloody pieces and disect!!!!!
Position myself at the entrance to the bridge with the laser rifle ready.

Leon tried to wake up. ( Endurance roll: 2 ) But stayed fast asleep.

Simon Tallage

Simon recoiled.  This was insane!  Surely violence wasn't the answer here!  He wasn't even sure how to use this thing!

Attempt to communicate with them.  Only open fire if all else fails or the entire ship is at risk.

An alien creature stepped through the doorway. It could best be described as a cross between a
stingray, and a spider. Its wide, flat, body pulsated with a purple grow. Its six long legs scraped
against the ground as it walked on their pointed tips. Green slim dripped out of its mouth that was
full of razor sharp teeth. The slim bubbled, and then burned into the ground when it landed. The
creatures bulbous eyes looked intently at the scientist.

At that moment, Simon was more afraid then he had ever been in his life. But he was a man of logic,
and reason. He was not going to let a base emotion, like fear, control him. He stood up, legs shaking,
and walked over it. " Greetings, I am a human from earth. We wish to make peace with your people,
and ha........" ( Dexterity Roll: 3 -1 from you being surprised vs Dexterity Roll: 4 ) One of the
aliens legs struck Simons chest. (  Endurance Roll: 6 vs Strength Roll: 3 ) But it only managed to
give him a nasty gash.

Stanislaw Chuzhinsky

"Aye aye, cap'n! We'll be sailin' outta these treacherous waters before ya know it."

Grab a laser pistol from the pile. Can't remain totally defenseless, after all. Also, grab a utility tool, whatever that is. Pilot the ship out of the cloud.

Not wanting to box an alien intruder, Stanislaw grabbed a laser pistol and utility tool from the bag.
He then raced though the cloud. ( Piloting Roll: 1 + 2 ) But did not go any faster then before.

Sean O'Driscoll, Johann von Moltke, Amy Stanton

They team arrived at the mess hall just in time to see Simon get attacked. "Open fire! "  Johann
ordered. They all raised their weapons.

Sean O'Driscoll: ( Weapon Use Roll: 4 -1 vs Dexterity Roll: 5 ) Sean completely missed his target.

Johann von Moltke: ( Weapon Use Roll: 4 +2 vs Dexterity Roll: 4 ) His aim was true, and a
laser beam hit the monster. ( Endurance Roll: 5 ) But it ended up only grazing it.

Amy Stanton: ( Weapon Use Roll: 3 +1 vs Dexterity Roll: 2 ) The laser rifles blast, burns
into one of the aliens legs, (  Endurance Roll: 2 ) and cuts it off. ( -1 to all of this aliens physical rolls. )

The Aliens

Two more Stingspider aliens enter the mess hall.

Story Events

Something is waiting outside the cloud.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2012, 11:07:44 pm »

"SON OF A BITCH! KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT!"

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20