Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!  (Read 19786 times)

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2012, 12:37:06 am »

Standing proud and tall as ever, Johann looked at the storm with a defiant look in his eyes.

"Yes, that is what we shall do. Schnell! Take us through that gas cloud! I want all the power from weapons, transporters, and inter-ship communication, diverted into shields and engines. Vorwärts!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2012, 12:42:03 am »

Since her area of expertise wasn't particularly needed in this situation, Amy leaned back in her chair, crossed her legs, and considered lighting a cigarette. Hmm... I really, really should have thought to ask for pay in advance and blow the whole lot on this. If we don't have any cigarettes on board once I run out things might get a little nasty. Instead, she put her hands behind her head. "I agree with Cap'n. Let's blow straight through it, guys. You only live once."

Should things come down to a vote, Amy votes head through it. Otherwise she kicks back and relaxes this turn.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2012, 12:45:27 am »

Simon frowns at the impulsiveness of his colleagues, but shrugged it off.  "It's your choice, Captain.  I'll monitor it from here."

Monitor the situation.  Look for safer patches or routes to lessen the danger.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2012, 02:45:39 am »

((Wouldn't I have gotten a +1 to the endurance roll, compensating for the -1 I have?))

"Whoa, guys, that was some trip! Looks like my lunch decided to get off early, huh?"

Clean up the remnants of my lunch and have a donut.

"Not that I'm questioning your authority, captain, but maybe we should let the good science officer have a bit of a scan before we go rushing into things? I know that every second counts, but what if there's something really deadly in there? Wouldn't want to thoughtlessly rush into a cloud that could have pretty much anything inside."

"If you really want me to, though, I could take us through. It's just that there's a very real possibility of us dying in that case."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2012, 03:55:49 am »

"Yes sir!"
Sean got to work shifting the power from the other systems into the shields and engines.

"Arna dhéanamh! We're ready!"

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2012, 04:32:35 am »

((Wouldn't I have gotten a +1 to the endurance roll, compensating for the -1 I have?))

"Whoa, guys, that was some trip! Looks like my lunch decided to get off early, huh?"

"Not that I'm questioning your authority, captain, but maybe we should let the good science officer have a bit of a scan before we go rushing into things? I know that every second counts, but what if there's something really deadly in there? Wouldn't want to thoughtlessly rush into a cloud that could have pretty much anything inside."

"If you really want me to, though, I could take us through. It's just that there's a very real possibility of us dying in that case."

Ya, you are right, my bad. I fixed the post, you now have minor warp sickness.

"Yes sir!"
Sean got to work shifting the power from the other systems into the shields and engines.

Do you want to use your power change ability? If you do, you will need to tell me what system you
want to take power from. If you are not using your ability you will be skill checked.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2012, 07:12:56 am »

Wake up and go back to the armory, put on a set of heavy combat armor, then holster the pistol and a second one and put the utility tools in one of the pockets.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2012, 05:03:00 pm »

Turn 4: Into the danger zone.

Johann von Moltke, Amy Stanton, Simon Tallage, Stanislaw Chuzhinsky, and Sean O'Driscoll

Standing proud and tall as ever, Johann looked at the storm with a defiant look in his eyes.

"Yes, that is what we shall do. Schnell! Take us through that gas cloud! I want all the power from weapons, transporters, and inter-ship communication, diverted into shields and engines. Vorwärts!"
Since her area of expertise wasn't particularly needed in this situation, Amy leaned back in her chair, crossed her legs, and considered lighting a cigarette. Hmm... I really, really should have thought to ask for pay in advance and blow the whole lot on this. If we don't have any cigarettes on board once I run out things might get a little nasty. Instead, she put her hands behind her head. "I agree with Cap'n. Let's blow straight through it, guys. You only live once."

Should things come down to a vote, Amy votes head through it. Otherwise she kicks back and relaxes this turn.
Simon frowns at the impulsiveness of his colleagues, but shrugged it off.  "It's your choice, Captain.  I'll monitor it from here."

Monitor the situation.  Look for safer patches or routes to lessen the danger.

"Yes sir!"

The captain thought about it for a moment, then spoke. "Lives are depending on us, and we will
not let them down!." He pressed a button on his console. " Sean, I want as much power too the
shield's, and weapons as you can give me." "You got it sir." Johann then pointed at the view screen. 
"Take us in Stanislaw, full impulse." The pilot was not sold on the wisdom of his orders.

"Not that I'm questioning your authority, captain, but maybe we should let the good science
officer have a bit of a scan before we go rushing into things? I know that every second counts,
but what if there's something really deadly in there? Wouldn't want to thoughtlessly rush into a cloud
that could have pretty much anything inside." "He would not be able to gain much information from
the outside mister chuzhinsky. Even if he could, we don't have time to wait for him to do it. He will
just have to scan on the way." said the captain. Taking a big puff on her cigarette, Amy added
her two cents. "I agree with Cap'n. Let's blow straight through it, guys. You only live once."
Stanislaw gave a nod. "All right captain, if you insist"

The Unicorn began to move into the cloud. A dark shadow covered the ship, its crew, breathlessly   
 waiting for whatever dangers awaited them. In engineering, Sean tried to give the the shields, and
engines, as much power as possible. ( Mechanics Roll: 2 +1 ) But he did not manage to give it any
extra power. With Simon telling him the safest routs to fly, the pilot tried to avoided the lighting
that filled the cloud. ( Piloting Roll: 4 +2 -1 ) He skillful avoided all of the clouds electrical discharges.
Soon, they would be out of its evil clutches. There freedom was just minutes away.

"I am getting some strange readings from they sensors captain." "What kind of readings?" Johann
asked. " I can't be sure, but I think its detecting........." The ships alarms started ringing, and red
warning lights flashed, foretelling the trials too come. "life forms" Simon finished. "Give me a
states report Tallage, were are they, and how many?" " Four sir, in the science labs. They somehow
manage to get though the hull, and are coming this way. Contact is imminent." The captain looked
at the bridges steel blast door, and laughed. "Damn, first day out, and E.T is already trying to rip
us a new one."

Dr Leon S Malard

Leon tried to wake up. ( Endurance Roll: 4 ) He managed to open his eyes, and slowly rise to his
feet. But  he was too dazed to do any thing else. His head really hurt.       

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2012, 05:12:55 pm »

Shake it off, return to armory, put on heavy combat armor, holster 2 pistols and place utility tool in a pocket and pick up a rifle and strap it across my chest.

Look around the room for a bag, if I find one place 4 more pistols in it if not then carry 2 more and keep 2 in my holsters
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:27:49 pm by mesor »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2012, 05:14:59 pm »

Simon beamed.  "Captain!  This is a glorious day for humanity!  First contact with an alien life form!  Think what we can learn from them.  We should greet them with all honors!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2012, 05:17:06 pm »

"Well, that was quick. So much for shields and hulls." Johann pulled out his Sig-Sauer 922. "Alright, everyone who has a vague idea how to operate a gun, get one, and follow me. Stanislaw, you have the conn. Simon, if they cut through our hull, I don't think they're looking for us to give them Reese's Pieces. "

Open bridge blast door, summon security personnel to the areas around the science labs, close all doors and lock them that lead to science labs, then head to armory and put on light combat armor

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »

"Yeah, I don't think that's the case Simon. Even if it is, we should grab some weapons just to be safe. Come on, to the armory. I'll get y'all suited up." Amy pulled out her pistol. "Let's go!"

Amy leads the way to the armory. If no hostiles are encountered on the way and they get there safely, she puts on light armor and grabs a laser rifle and two plasma grenades. Then she proceeds to the science labs and scopes out the situation.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »

"Well, that was quick. So much for shields and hulls." Johann pulled out his Sig-Sauer 922. "Alright, everyone who has a vague idea how to operate a gun, get one, and follow me. Stanislaw, you have the conn. Simon, if they cut through our hull, I don't think they're looking for us to give them Reese's Pieces. "

Open bridge blast door, summon security personnel to the areas around the science labs, close all doors and lock them that lead to science labs, then head to armory and put on light combat armor

Amy is your Security personnel. You 6, and Robo boy. are the only ones on the ship, besides the
aliens that is. Do you want to use direct order to maker her go there?

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »

Then summon amy!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2012, 05:26:29 pm »

(( If you don't make it to the armory assuming I'm capable of putting on a piece of armor without knocking myself out I'll bring a couple of spare pistols with me when I head towards you. ))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20