Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: The Shaping of the Formless Void  (Read 33770 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Shaping of the Formless Void
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2012, 12:47:39 pm »

Actually, all you did was create a border around the universe, not the presences inside it.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2012, 01:31:38 pm »

Heh, so once again there's about three pages of actions since I posted and went to bed. So here's how we're going to do this. In a little bit I'll post all the updated spoilers. There's a ton of stuff to add to that, including stuff like material that have been created but not recorded (like the Sphere Energy that the Enormous Hollow Sphere is obviously made of). I'll also add some appropriate information, like Sphere tags for some of the obviously aligned materials and so on. I may add in the first actions of the two races + cosmic entity as well, to save a little clutter in the main turn.

Once that's out the well get down to the real action. What with the bazillion actions I'm going to split things up. First we'll get creative actions out the way, since this is likely to be the last turn out of the Age of Creation (only about 70 kilo☼ of raw power remains). So once all that making avatars, trying to seize the last bits of raw power and so on is done we'll get to Xantalos' action, which I feel is pretty appropriate for the end of the Age of Creation, as it will likely shape the nature of the Universe for better or worse in the New Unnamed Age soon to begin. Also, there are a fair few actions which are contingent on how Xantalos' actions work out, which people may want to change. Can't establish an Order embassy in the Chaos realm if there is no chaos realm and so on. This seems the most reasonable way forward to me.

(OP, are you okay with godly actions being in bold and diplomacy/conversation in italics?)

Yep, that's fine and seems to have already been implemented :). The main thing is bolding actions, so I'm happy as long as any diplomacy/conversation is easily distinguishable from actions.

Fuse all energy back into the primordial orb.
Help with task,  but make the new fused orb hollow and enormous
That diffused power debuff is getting pretty annoying

Do you mean all of the remaining Diffuse Raw Power, of which there is about 70 kilo☼ left, or all energy everywhere in the universe? If you do go with the second option, its quiet unlikely that you will succeed completely, but possible (but again, unlikely) that you could do massive damage to the universe. I'm happy either way, but I need to get a feeling for what your going for.

As to the debuff, the last scrap of freely available  Diffuse Raw Power will almost certainly be gone by the end of next turn, at which point new things will have to be made from the materials and forces that have already been created. Also we'll be in a new age. Yay!
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2012, 01:36:44 pm »

I assumed he meant to fuse the last of the diffuse energy together if not,  I withdraw approval

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2012, 02:51:13 pm »

SEEING BEINGS OF 'ORDER' GROW RAMPANTLY ABUNDANT, THE BEING OF MADNESS CREATES THE CONCEPT OF CHAOS AND EMBODIES IT. THEN INFUSES THIS CONCEPT INTO THE TIME PRISON, DESTROYING A PORTION OF THE MADNESS CREATURES TO USE THEIR ENERGY FOR THIS ACT. WITH CHAOS TAINTING THE TIME PRISON, THE STRUCTURE OF IT IS DISTORTED. USING THIS TO ITS ADVANTAGE, THE BEING OF CHAOTIC MADNESS AND VIOLENCE SHAPES THE !!DISTORTED!!TIME PRISON INTO A PHYSICAL BODY TO CONTAIN ITS CHAOTIC ESSENCE AND ALLOW IT TO BE FREE TO INTERACT WITH THE OUTSIDE UNIVERSE.
ONCE FREE, CREATE A MADNESS GALAXY. CORRUPTTED STARS THAT ARE NOT BOUND BY TIME, PLANETS WITH IMPOSSIBLE ORBITS, MOONS THAT REGULARLY CRASH BACK INTO ITS PLANET AND REFORM.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reposting this.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2012, 05:03:25 pm »

sorry, bump

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2012, 05:10:57 pm »

You should help me in my endeavors, I wouldn't mind being a mad sphere god

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2012, 05:16:53 pm »

If Order Embassy is not possible, assist Xantalos in strengthening the barrier between the universal segments.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2012, 05:22:42 pm »

I seek to control liquids... do these politickings, these threats, of chaos and order truly involve me?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2012, 05:27:09 pm »

Then aid me in my endeavors of heating my planet, so much water shall be created

The spheres of order nor chaos control my actions,as i control spheres of any nature!!!
I AM THE SPHERE GOD!!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:31:01 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2012, 05:27:27 pm »

Should I repost my actions?

Also, aid embassy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2012, 06:11:28 pm »

*Grinch Banana the Incarnation of Violence*

The Grinch Banana the Incarnation of Violence awakens for the first time [4] and beholds the universe around it. It is confused, although though knowing no other experience it is not capable of understanding why. Floating at an arbitrary point along the Unbreakable Universal Barrier, it searched around for something to do Violence to, but finds nothing. For some reason, perhaps because of its shared creator, it does not consider the Unbreakable Universal Barrier a suitable candidate for b]Violence [/b]. Frustrated, it [6] let's of a mighty roar, but nothing comes out, as it is at there dar edge of the Universe, where there are no random particle to vibrate.

*Horrifying Madness Creatures*

The Horrifying Madness Creatures are [9] busy even as their maker hurls them about the cosmos. Those formed into the new Planet of Madness [7] set about changing into all manner of different forms, no to alike. The differences are mostly superficial visual ones though and no real progress is made, perhaps because they are all jammed into a giant ball. Those clinging to the outside of the Temporal Prison [12] start to secure their position by using the weaker members as building material! 6 kilo☼ of the Horrifying Madness Creatures trapped on the outside of the Temporal Prison have been transformed into Horrifying Madness Cities. The cites are a bit crowded though, having to contain 10 kilo☼ of Horrifying Madness Creatures. Those inside the prison [7] swirl happily in never repeated patterns, gladdened by the presence of their make. Finally, the 15 kilo☼ of Horrifying Madness Creatures dispersed throughout the universe [6] flitter with with no sense of purpose.

*Cluster Dwellers*

The Cluster Dwellers [2] begin do die in alarming numbers in the warm spaces between the spheres of the Cluster of Giant Burning Spheres. They lose [7] half their number, being reduced to 1.75 kilo☼. As a result [11] they rapidly adapt to the harsh condition! They [9] learn to absorb Heat, as this is the only resource near them and soon devour [7] seven of the Giant Burning Spheres. The Cluster of Giant Burning Spheres has been reduced to 63! The Cluster Dwellers have increased in number to 7.75 Kilo☼. The Cluster Dwellers have gained Sphere:Fire

((Right, that took way longer than I thought. Rather than try to rush through another turn today, I'll do the next full turn tomorrow. Its starting to get late for me and then end of the Age of Creation is SERIOUS BUSINESS. On the upside, the Universe is now a little better defined and numbered, and I've also had a bit of time to think through some of the possible consequences of actions for next turn. Heh, there's a lot of stuff that has the potential to go really, really wrong.

Should I repost my actions?

You can if you like and it would be helpful. Basically, as I said in my last post, I'm going to order the turn like:

All creative actions (avatars, drawing power, shaping existing things, you know, all that making stuff stuff)
Xantalos' action (divide the universe etc)
The actions that are reacting to that.

So if people want to make clear where their actions go in that ordering that'll be helpful. You've also got a bit of time to change things if you want. Basically, I'm happy as long as I can figure out what everyone wants to do and anything that makes it easier for me to do that is great.))   

The Universe

Forces:
Substances:
Universal Structures:
Celestial Objects:
Concepts:
Artifacts:
Alternate Planes:
Cosmic Entities:
Races:
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2012, 06:12:20 pm »

Then aid me in my endeavors of heating my planet, so much water shall be created

The spheres of order nor chaos control my actions,as i control spheres of any nature!!!
I AM THE SPHERE GOD!!!
CREATE THE ULTIMATE SHAPE OF MADNESS: THE DODECAHEDRON. FROM NOW ON, ALL "SPHERES" OF CHAOS, MADNESS, AND VIOLENCE ARE INSTEAD DODECAHEDRONS, OUTSIDE THE POWER OF THE SPHERE GOD

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2012, 06:22:44 pm »

"I must leave my mark on this world, lest I forget what I am in this eternal swirl of energy.

So....I declare myself.

I am Gaius. Maker of the Law, Order, and Peace, and Chaos shall not conquer while I stand here to ward it from all those who desire it!"

Manifest as Gaius, Maker of Law, Order and Peace, (An entity.) in the form of a golden lion with a horn.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2012, 06:23:55 pm »

Again, make a planet in the star cluster and populate it with simple dragons. Unless that's what the Cluster Dwellers are.

Create massive dragon with two heads to be my avatar. Drain energy from Violence to do so.
Assert my creation of the dragons. If successful, choose notable dragons and empower them with power, taken from the Grinch Banana (say, a kilo or two?) to make them Blessed Drakes, a sorta-new race.
Make a large tetrahedron to act as a base of action for me, and as a meeting place for the creatures. Also to claim a Platonic solid before they're all gone. Add a nice, heated layer to assert some control over Heat.
Also reinforce Space and Time from the Planet of Madness.
Accept Inithis's alliance.
Finally, offer the Cluster Dwellers, say, 4 kilo of energy if they agree to serve me and not destroy more stars or attack my creations.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:29:01 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2012, 06:26:14 pm »

You could just use my planet, there is not much power left in the universe.
Let other people do their actions
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18