Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: The Shaping of the Formless Void  (Read 33766 times)

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
Re: The Shaping of the Formless Void
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2012, 09:19:05 pm »

Turn 2: The Age of Creation Continues

Cut violence in half and infuse half of it (half its power) into the Grinch Banana, granting it reality warping abilities.
Cut madness in half and use half of its power to reinforce the universal barrier.
Form of an infinite spiral of lines; creases in the fabric of reality.

The presence of Borders&Edges reaches out, trying to cut the concept Violence in half with it's will. It [11-2=9(Spheres not that opposed)] succeeds in severing a 15 kilo☼ chunk. The concept Violence has been weakened! -1 to all violent actions. Artifact created: Chunk of Violence!. The presence of Borders&Edges has been tainted by Violence! This presence gains the Sphere:Violence. The presence then draws half of the power from the Chunk of Violence and infuses it in the Grinch Banana, [8(not opposed to Violence)] filling it with 7.5 kilo☼ of Violence. The material Grinch Banana has gained the Sphere:Violence. Cosmic Entity Created: Grinch Banana the Incarnation of Violence!

Having infused the Grinch Banana the Incarnation of Violence The presence of Borders&Edges tries to repeat its success with the Planet of Madness. It strikes [9-5=4(-1 from the weakening of Violence, -4 Sphere's highly opposed)] but the blow rebounds, hitting the Unbreakable Universal Barrier! Luckily it is unbreakable and is [9+1=10(Sphere:Borders&Edges)] utterly unharmed. 

Lastly, the presence of Borders&Edges attempts to form of an infinite spiral of lines, creasing the very fabric of Space and Time [5-2(spheres not that opposed)=3] but fails. Part of the structure of Space and Time is damaged! Celestial Object Created: Rift.

((Note: You have gained the Sphere:Violence, but no +1. This is because you have merely been tainted by it, making you a creature of that Sphere.))

30☼ of heat we need more Make more heat by making a more stable sphere of fire.

The presence which accidentally created Heat seeks to repeat its actions in a more intentional manner. It draws [12-3=9] 90 kilo☼ of raw power, transforming it into a [11] Extremely Stable Sphere of Fire. Celestial Body Created: Extremely Stable Sphere of Fire. This presence has gained Sphere:Fire: +1 to actions involving Fire. The total amount of Diffuse Raw Power Remaining is 210 kilo☼. The Diffuse Raw Power Remaining has become even more defuse! -4 to attempts to draw raw power.

Strengthen my sphere
Create water inside sphere
Draw power into sphere

The presence that created the Enormous Hollow Sphere seeks to reinforce its somewhat flimsy structure, drawing [8-4=4] 40 kilo☼ and [10+1=11] reinforcing the outer shell! +1 to Enormous Hollow Sphere defense rolls. The presence then draws more power [7-4=3] transforming 30 kilo☼ it into water, filling the Enormous Hollow Sphere. Substance Created:Water. Due to the low amount of Heat in the universe, the water instantly freezes and expands. The Enormous Hollow Sphere [9+1(defense bonus)=10] is more than able to cope with the pressure.

Finally, the presence draws yet more power into the sphere itself [2-4=-2] but the flow of energies reverses and 20 kilo☼ flows away!. The  Enormous Hollow Sphere is rocked by quakes [6+1], only coming through unscathed thanks to the earlier improvements. There is now 170 kilo☼ remaining. 

>Form a stable triple-star solar system in a pocket universe.

A presence that has yet to act, but that has been keenly watching the unfolding events, decides, much like the creator of the Enormous Hollow Sphere, that the time for a personal space has come. It draws [7(*)] exactly enough power to create three Burning Spheres, similar to those that the presences of Time&Space and Heat seem so fond of and a little sealed pocket of space to envelop them, 10 kilo☼. The final composition of pocket universe is [12] a symphony of symmetry and order. Dimension Created: Pocket Universe. +1 to orderly actions this turn! 

((* no penalty because this won't cost more than 10 kilo☼, not that it would have made a difference))

Where there is violence, must end in peace. Calm the storm and introduce peace into the world, to stop everyone from murdering each other, and form the presence of order, law and peace.
>assist in task

Aided by the presence of the Pocket Universe, another presence yet to act seeks to act, drawing [8+2-4(deffuse-4, +1 orderly actions this turn, +1 help)=6] 60 kilo☼ and shaping it into the concepts of Order, Law and Peace. Concept Created:Order Concept Created: Law Concept Created: Peace. Once again aided by the presence of the Pocket Universe the presence tries to bring itself into closer harmony with Order, Law and Peace, [8+2=10] becoming somewhat intermingled with them! This presence has gained Sphere:Order: +2 to Orderly actions, Sphere:Law: +1 to Lawful actions and Sphere:Peace: +1 to Peaceful actions, -1 to violent actions. The presence of the Pocket Universe   
has gained  Sphere:Order: +1 to Orderly actions. 100 kilo☼ remain.

INSIDE THE TIME PRISON, THE CONTAINED MADNESS SWIRLS AND CRASHED AGAINST ITS CAGE. SEEP MADNESS THROUGHOUT EVERY CRACK IN THE PRISON TO THE OUTSIDE. SHAPE THE OUTER MADNESS INTO INTELLIGENT LIFE AND PLACE HALF ON THE PLANET OF MADNESS AND HALF ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE TIME PRISON. I SHALL BE THEIR GOD, WHISPERING TO THEM IN THE NIGHT "RELEASE ME MY CHILDREN. RELEASE ME SO THAT WE MAY CRUSH ALL WHO IMPOSE 'ORDER' IN THIS BEAUTIFUL, CHAOTIC REALM."

In the Temporal Prison the Being of Madness raged against that which bound it. It tried to seep Madness through every crack in the prison, [autofail] but realized that it had none with it when it was trapped. Instead, it reaches out past Time and Space to the Planet of Madness, shaping it into intelligent life. [10+1(sphere)=11] With the exception of the Slade Throne the Planet of Madness is completely transformed into 109.9 kilo☼ of [8+1=9] Horrifying Madness Creatures. Race Created: Horrifying Madness Creatures The Being of Madness hurls half of these at the Temporal Prison [8+1-1(sphere vs difficulty)=8] and about 30 kilo☼ of the 55 kilo☼ or so of the hurled  Horrifying Madness Creatures reaches their destination, with the 15 or so kilo☼ of creatures being scattered across the universe. The remaining 55 kilo☼ the Being of Madness (11+1=12) forms into a sphere much like the old Planet of Madness, but made out of Horrifying Madness Creatures. The Horrifying Madness Creatures that made it to the Temporal Prison are clinging to its outer features, but [7] 7 kilo☼ of them are sucked inside. The Being of Madness whispers to the Horrifying Madness Creatures still on the outside "RELEASE ME MY CHILDREN. RELEASE ME SO THAT WE MAY CRUSH ALL WHO IMPOSE 'ORDER' IN THIS BEAUTIFUL, CHAOTIC REALM.". The [11] creatures go bezerk, recklessly   
tearing into the structure of the Temporal Prison. Another [7] 7 kilo☼ of them fall in, but the prison has been weakened. +2 To escape attempts from the Temporal Prison. The Being of Madness has gained Sphere:Madness: +2 to actions involving Madness(substance). The race  Horrifying Madness Creatures gains Sphere:Violence: +1 to Violent actions.

...The madness has grown too strong. These beings must be stopped for their own good.
Reinforce Celestial Prison containing the Being of Madness, attempting to stop it's escape and the madness it tries to exert.
Propose alliance with the being of time and space (GWG) to protect the universe.

Yet another presence, aghast at the actions of the Being of Madness, comes forward and tries to reinforce the Temporal Prison. Drawing [6-4=2] 20 kilo☼ of Diffuse Raw Power and [9] managing to seal up the breaches caused by the Horrifying Madness Creatures. Escape attempts are once again only +1. This presence has gained Sphere:Time. 80 kilo☼ of Diffuse Raw Power remains. Attempts to draw it are now -5.

((You are now a creature aligned with Time. Not enough yet to get a bonus, but you will incur no penalties for trying to directly manipulate Time

YOUR EFFORTS SHALL BE FOR NAUGHT. I AM CHAOS, MADNESS INCARNATE. I AM THE EMBODIMENT OF CHANGE, WITHOUT ME YOUR WORLD WOULD STAGNATE AND RUST. EVERY CHANGE YOU MAKE, EVERY CONFLICTING THOUGHT YOU HAVE FEEDS ME. DO NOT RESIST ME, EMBRACE ME.
I AM THE BEING OF LAW AND ORDER. CEASE AND DESIST.

Across the nameless gulfs, the Being of Madness senses that an true oppositional force has come into existence. It hungers for the conflict to come. 

Fine.
Then I shall withdraw my actions and become the Avatar of Justice and Lightning, and create a sphere of light and electricity.

((I could be a dick and have you try to undo the making of Order, Law and Peace, but I'll just be reasonable for once :). Especially seeing as you have basically become the closest thing this universe has to an Avatar of Order this turn, even if you are still disembodied.))

Form of Deku Scrub, with a random floating enormous hollow sphere trailing behind me
Also create imaginably huge hollow orb, which ends at the borders of the universe

The presence that made theEnormous Hollow Sphere seeks to form a body for itself, drawing [6-5=1] 10 kilo☼ to make the shape of a Deku Scrub trialing an enormous floating hollow sphere. Avatar created:Deku Scrub trialing an Enormous Floating Hollow Sphere. This presence has gained Sphere: Enormous Hollow Spheres: +2 to actions involving the Enormous Hollow Spheres. 70 kilo☼ pf raw power remains. Finally, the Hollow Sphere presence
tries to draw yet more power to create an  imaginably huge hollow orb, which ends at the borders of the universe [5-5=0] but the remaining raw power is simply to diffuse.

Absorb the the crystal from the wound into the crystal avatar, then reinforce and repair the Crystal of Life and Psion have continue to regulate the two spheres. Then have the crystal avatar spread life throughout the universe.

The God of Life attempts to absorb the crystal from the wound into its avatar, [8] partially, but not entirely drawing it in. Somewhat healed, it attempts to repair the damage done to the Crystal of Life and Psion [10+2(spheres)=12] going so far as to improve the amount of energy that it regulates! Now it regulates approximately two thirds of all Life and Psion energy.

Happy with this success the God of Life sends the Crystal Avatar to spread life through the universe. Happily spraying life energy in all directions, the  God of Life [8+1=9] notices that some of it even survived in the warm spaces between the burning spheres of the Cluster of Giant Burning Spheres. Race Created: Cluster Dwellers. However, with the ☼ needed for the repairs to the Crystal of Life and Psion and the spreading of Life, the Crystal Avatar is reduced to [7] 63 kilo☼.     

Use observations of the Time Prison to learn more about the sphere of Time.

The presence that repaired the Temporal Prison reflects on what it has done [4] but gains no new cosmic insights.

((Ok, so I'll add the updated spoilers with all the new stuff some time tomorrow, 'cos it's now extremely late at night for me :). Sorry to everyone who's actions didn't get included this turn, just to many! You can either go top of the action order next turn with the ones you posted, or post new ones to react to developments. Or both, as there is currently no limit to the number of actions you can take each turn. That will change once the Age of Creation is over, which will likely be after next turn as there is only some 70 kilo☼ remaining. Will probably be end up being something like 2 actions and as much politics as you like each turn. Also, next turn will see the first independent actions of the two races and one cosmic entity that have been created.))     
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2012, 09:24:54 pm »

Attempt to bond myself with space and time.
Create a form for myself, the same as last time (an infinite spiral of creases in the universe)
Use my powers over Time, Space, and Borders to perfectly section the universe in two, and put all things but myself affiliated with the spheres of violence, madness, etc, on one side, and all those affiliated with Law, Order, Peace, etc, on the other side. Retroactively do so if necessary.
Cleanse myself of Violence.
Place the Grinch Banana at the border, with orders to annihilate all those attempting to cross or tamper with the border but for me.

Spoiler: Current Spheres (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:30:28 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2012, 09:31:22 pm »

BECOME THE GOD OF NEEDLESS EVIL, Create very nice and pristine planet.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2012, 09:35:54 pm »

Become the rift in space and time, and use it as my physical form.

Attack the madness creatures by absorbing them into the rift, and freeing their energy for my use.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2012, 09:36:38 pm »

Make sentient sphere creatures that are made of spheres, heat and water
Attempt to divert some energy from madness planet to add a slightly heated core to my sphere.
Create random Flora/fauna inside water sphere(using diverted power?)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:33:21 am by javierpwn »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2012, 09:44:29 pm »

"I shall bring PEACE here."

Manifest as a golden lion, with a shining horn in the middle of my forehead, and forge a planet with my newborn ability, populating it with leonine humanoids.

Spoiler: Spheres (click to show/hide)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2012, 09:54:59 pm »

(OP, are you okay with godly actions being in bold and diplomacy/conversation in italics?)

Question the being attempting to divide the universe.

"What is your intent? If the beings of chaos are left alone, they will tear each-other and their creations apart."
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2012, 09:57:10 pm »

Borders | Borders are essential | Keeps everything neat and orderly | My purpose anyhow | You should go on the Order side |
Sig! Onol

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2012, 09:57:43 pm »

"What is thy purpose, world-splitter? Splitting existence will do nothing but upset the balance.

I came into existence to balance out violence, chaos and lawlessness, not to destroy it."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2012, 09:59:46 pm »

Nay/ good folk | Splitting/ compartmentalizing them allows both sides to strencgthen to detriment of none |
(( |s are periods, / are commas))
Sig! Onol

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2012, 10:01:04 pm »

"I am a being of pure order, and I see the need for chaos. Too much order, and too much chaos are bad things alike."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2012, 10:03:04 pm »

Chaos and order will be in equal proportions | Like a mixture/ not quite ready to mix yet | Needs time to develop |
Sig! Onol

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2012, 10:03:50 pm »

"I see your point; however, I will stay on the side of chaos, to will make sure that they do not completely destroy themselves. Would you permit this?"

Create a maze of warped time in the chaos side, and build a home inside it. An embassy for Order.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2012, 10:05:01 pm »

"A balance must be preserved. Chaos is needed for life to develop, as is order."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2012, 10:05:50 pm »

I LIKE SPHERES!!1!11

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18