Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is this life?  (Read 2253 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Is this life?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 03:34:43 pm »

You get a message if someone witnesses them die, if not, they go missing.  if they die in their room by themsleves they won't be discovered
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 03:49:07 pm »

You get a message if someone witnesses them die, if not, they go missing.  if they die in their room by themsleves they won't be discovered

That's kind of sad, really.

I say you should have him properly cremated. On-site, by minecart-hauled magma.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 07:23:04 pm »

I don't know how to work minecarts, and he's nearly fully healed.  one infection has healed already.  he has 8 more years minimum not counting the possibility of a death in combat
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 07:36:41 pm »

He's all healed except an Infection and a Torn Artery that he got a few years ago.  Praise the Doctors!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 10:30:52 pm »

You should keep him alive as long as possible and have him father some children that can become your next wave of military powerhouses. After that then you can have him slain or lock him in a glorious tomb alive.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 10:38:29 pm »

dig down to hell form his tomb, then seal him in there with them.

Fps will be shot, but hey.
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:22 pm »

Clearly, you damn well better have a nice tomb prepared for him.
I'd say let him live out the rest of his days, fighting all the while. Just make sure his corpse is recoverable.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 10:59:26 am »

Here's my idea: let the general loose on some disarmed goblins with a practice weapon. When he's done turning their limbs to numb pulp, or at least when he has suitably maimed and tormented them, re-cage the goblins and place their cages in his tomb. When he dies of old age, seal them all inside the tomb together behind thick walls. Note that after you do this, you can release the goblins from their cages via lever so they can walk into a bunch of weapon traps, christening his tomb with goblin blood.
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 12:51:05 pm »

His tomb is "Fine".  It's not much, he's a simple guy.  Also, my population cap and child cap are reached, so he won't have any kids.  It's better that way, if the kids went beserk when he passed we'd lose the fort.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 01:17:03 pm »

It wouldn't be a bad idea to let him solo the next human siege until he dies then send the men that were in his squad to finish the job, if you have gold you should start building some golden walls/floors/tomb.
Or maybe increase the population/child cap by 2 and hopefully get 2 twin male kids from his wife, I've had a fort once where I killed every member of 2 twin male kids family by magma and they didn't do shit, until I finally burned them too.

Urist McRas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 01:34:33 pm »

Let him die in combat or of old age if he survives any combat. Bury him in obsidian. Then engrave and reengrave this tile till you have engraving of himself fighting a glorious battle on his tomb.
The fortresses are penal colonies.
The mountainhome has far too many degenerates too deal with by itself, so it sends out minor nobles to establish penal colonies across the world.
Pages: 1 [2]