Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: The Morality of Killing  (Read 14581 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Morality of Killing
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2012, 11:18:17 pm »

So basically your rule is perpetuating cycles of hate for petty revenge that does not actually help?

There is no perpetual cycle; my rule is to end the cycle. The current 'rule' in society is to lock them up for a few years and then let them go. That perpetuates the cycle.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2012, 11:20:29 pm »

i have a defender spirit so the question of killing does pop up if that situation arrives. There should always be a punishment to every crime but can death be truly a punishment? What would you learn? The way i see it the only person would see any good out of death would be serial killers and terrorists. Sometimes i wonder a penal colony would be a good idea.......

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2012, 11:21:51 pm »

So basically your rule is perpetuating cycles of hate for petty revenge that does not actually help?
There is no perpetual cycle; my rule is to end the cycle. The current 'rule' in society is to lock them up for a few years and then let them go. That perpetuates the cycle.
So if I killed all the rapists in the world there would be no more rape? Well I can't believe no one ever thought of genocide like that before ::)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2012, 11:22:53 pm »

So if I killed all the rapists in the world there would be no more rape? Well I can't believe no one ever thought of genocide like that before ::)

More or less yes. Kill all instances of smallpox, you end smallpox. Kill all rapists, you stop rape.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2012, 11:23:53 pm »

More or less yes. Kill all instances of smallpox, you end smallpox. Kill all rapists, you stop rape.
thats what they said about gays and communists during the cold war.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2012, 11:25:12 pm »

I don't know what is more disturbing, your disregard for life or your reasoning that this would somehow work.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2012, 11:28:49 pm »

I don't know what is more disturbing, your disregard for life or your reasoning that this would somehow work.

Give me a reason how it wouldn't.

Also, my view is that a rapist or paedophile gives up their right to be considered a human when their commit those atrocities.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2012, 11:29:48 pm »

Why not just kill everyone, and rid the world of immorality altogether? I mean, if we're gonna resort to such drastic and destructive means, I don't see any reason to half-ass it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2012, 11:29:58 pm »

That is not how it works. Not at all. Rape is not a disease transmitted from person to person, it is a physical act that does not need to be learned, it is simply done.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2012, 11:30:04 pm »

...I can only see this working with infinite personell and time travel. Unfortunately, things don't work like that, as rape is not a disease.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2012, 11:30:54 pm »

...I can only see this working with infinite personell and time travel. Unfortunately, things don't work like that, as rape is not a disease.
*sigh*
No it isn't a disease. It is an act. Remove those who commit said act, you remove the act.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2012, 11:33:13 pm »

*sigh*
No it isn't a disease. It is an act. Remove those who commit said act, you remove the act.
Again, only possible with time travel/reality warping. Not gonna happen.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2012, 11:35:13 pm »

What happens when more people are born? Or when someone does it for the first time? You don't stop the act, you just stop repeat offenders, for much too high of a price.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2012, 11:35:31 pm »

Give me a reason how it wouldn't.
That's not how people work.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2012, 11:36:04 pm »

Anyone can commit an act, Gamerlord. Indeed, killing all rapists is probably the least efficient way to go about preventing rape, because everyone you're going up against has already committed at least one rape.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17