Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any idea why a human law giver is wandering around my fort?  (Read 773 times)

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any idea why a human law giver is wandering around my fort?
« on: December 19, 2012, 06:36:36 pm »

Just what the title says. There was no announcements and I have no idea what this means. Also, my dwarven outpost liason has been swimming for about a year now in my bath house (unable to get out) and I'm not quite sure what the hell she is doing. So, any ideas?

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Any idea why a human law giver is wandering around my fort?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 06:37:35 pm »

Both have gone insane, as you won't let them leave. 
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 06:41:34 pm »

I didn't stop them from leaving. Dwarfy McUseless decided to dive into a place she couldn't swim through and last I checked John McJohn the human law giver (what the hell was their only noble doing in my fort anyway?) was petting my war tiger squeeling 'nice kitty, soft kitty'.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 07:41:03 pm »

The law giver is just a diplomat that shows up every other year, says hello and leaves. He probably wants to meet your baron or mayor.
If he somehow gets killed on your map, the humans will be pissed and might siege you.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:43:13 pm by XXSockXX »

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 01:18:43 am »

I had a Reptile Man Vampire Law-giver show up at my fort. He kept meeting with my baroness but nothing ever came of it, so I DFhacked him into a block of obsidian. Waiting to see if the humans ride in on wagons or on campfires next season.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 02:11:25 am »

If he somehow gets killed on your map, the humans will be pissed and might siege you.

Might get pissed. Sometimes you can kill 3-4 of them before they siege you. Which is good or bad depending on what you are trying to do.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...