Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Energy Drinks  (Read 5336 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Drinks
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 05:49:03 pm »

Never drank energy drinks, and I probably will not. I already have too much energy anyway.
Max avatar size is 80x80

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 06:04:09 pm »

Red Bull tastes like crap, but I seem to be in the minority when I say that I enjoy Monster for it's taste (specifically the green, red and blue kinds). Thing is though, I'm not a bloody idiot who drinks them down like juice cartons (I keep myself to one every two days, and I haven't bought any the past week or two).

As far as energy goes, they make me really hyper "ohmygodicantstopmoving" for about 50 minutes, then I crash like a son of a bitch immediately after. Perfect if I missed some sleep the night before and need help getting through 7th period, but I try not to drink them for funsies.

Oddly enough, coffee and tea do nothing for me. ???
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 06:09:11 pm »

I am really dull to energizing.

I need to use that energy to go hyper.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 08:37:04 pm »

Ah, but Frumple, what about using soda (specifically a lemon-lime/citrus, like mountain dew) to steep an herbal tea?

Because I've got this Rooibos tea that's quite good on its own (Candied pineapple, grapes, hibiscus, green rooibos, sea buckthorn berries, grapes, citrus slices, citrus peels, orange juice bits, plum with rice flour, flavoring (pineapple, tangerine, grape, lemon, orange, grapefruit, cherry, red currant, vanilla), pineapple chips, apple, black currants, blackberries, red currants, morello cherries, lavender blossoms, stevia leaves, vanilla, sage (holy shit that's a lot more stuff in it than the actual name of the blend suggests...), with german rock sugar for sweetness (added separately)) Takes ages to steep to a nice strength, though, and the water pretty much has to be actively boiling, not just hot.

As for energy drinks, I've found a few, don't remember the brand, but it's flat and pre-mixed with tea. And damn, it's good.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:40:39 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012, 10:35:50 pm »

Thing is though, I'm not a bloody idiot who drinks them down like juice cartons (I keep myself to one every two days, and I haven't bought any the past week or two).

Same here.  It takes at least two days for me to drink one.  Often three.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 11:21:35 pm »

Strange thing with me and energy drinks is that it give me a little kick and nothing else, for the last 3 days i have drank 1 monster or mother and have not worked up from it...

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 01:31:11 am »

I was at work one day and decided to cave into a co-worker's pressure and try some stupid energy drink. I think it was... hell I don't even remember, but it made me throw up...
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012, 11:39:19 am »

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't... could be I need a bit more stimulation to go with it when I am extra tired.
I've tried a variety of em and I suppose it is an acquired taste.  Monster is nice, but I tend to go for the sugar-free Red Bull these days, unless its on sale where I get it.

I only drink this stuff when I really do need to stay awake, like driving +2 hours and what-not.
Other caffeine consumption-wise, one large mcdonalds cup for work... a second if I'm really doing a poor job of staying awake at work.  (It is only a dollar where I am.)

Bonus fact: Gatorade crashes me pretty hard
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 03:40:15 pm »

(It is only a dollar where I am.)
You'd almost certainly be getting a better deal making it at home ;D If it's coffee, that is.

Soda... still a better deal buying two-liters or whathaveyou. Drive-through stuff (restaurants in general) is pretty much inevitably overpriced compared to off the shelf and cooked at home, at least if you're going for the reasonably priced offbrands et al. Even after you calculate in cooking costs (electricity/gas, water) and if you ignore the gas cost to get to th'place to begin with.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2012, 03:49:27 pm »

I'm a total energy drink fiend, I'd drink at least a litre a day, and have done so for the past few years. I just personally love the taste, and wish I could find out exactly whert the ferk it is.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2012, 04:13:38 pm »

A litre a day? How do you guys can have space left for water (y'know, the transparent liquid that comes out of your kitchen sink) after drinking all these energy drinks?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 06:36:03 pm »

I don't drink soda or coffee, personally. Soda makes me want to puke, and becoming dependent on coffee sounds like something I'd rather avoid. Tea is nice. The other day I heard it was the hipster drink of choice, which pissed me off since I've been drinking it since before it was cool to be drinking it before it was cool.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2012, 06:36:44 pm »

A litre a day? How do you guys can have space left for water (y'know, the transparent liquid that comes out of your kitchen sink) after drinking all these energy drinks?
I drink a hell of a lot more than one litre of water a day.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]