Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games most well bought - 2012  (Read 2252 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Games most well bought - 2012
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »

Kerbal Space Program.

Dear god it is so amazing.

I bought this today and pretty much bounced right off it.  Can you link me to something that will convince me I was wrong to do so?
Check the KSP thread.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88632.0
 After an initial learning jump, it gets so, so fun. Satellites orbiting the planet, spacewalks, docking several ships together to make a massive station, landing rovers on the mun, making supersonic planes, ect.

I'm rather terrible at the game, so you may want to ask those guys. I'm still trying to make a plane that doesn't explode.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 05:38:20 pm »

Well I said a little in the other thread but will detail some of the best here.

Fortune Summoners
This is the best scrolling brawler that I have ever played, it even finally beat out the legendary River City Ransom.

King Of Dragon Pass
Everyone should by this.  It is a game that is its own Genre, to my knowledge there is nothing else like it.  Its a strategy choose your own adventure, steeped in lore and fantasy culture.

Darklands:
Aside from the brutally unforgiving character generation (which most bay 12vers will love) this is a true gem.  My most recent accomplishment?  Nausea gassing a robber knight and his men before laying into them in a fight that all but slew my own party.

Baldurs Gate 1+2
Get these and merge them with the trilogy mod.  Experience a long, plot heavy, quest to find your heritage and tell the world what you believe in.  Via old school DnD rules.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 10:05:20 pm »

Crusader Kings 2
Easily the best $$ to hours of playtime ratio of the year for me, barring free games.

day6reak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 09:45:47 am »

Eador: Genesis - amazing fantasy strategy game

Hotline Miami

Borderlands 2

Waking Mars

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 09:58:02 am »

Dungeons of Dredmor and all released DLC. Still my absolute most highly played game.

I also finally caved and bought Killing Floor earlier this year which was worth it just to spend time with my friends shooting zombies :)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 10:04:11 am »

Baldurs Gate 1+2
Get these and merge them with the trilogy mod.  Experience a long, plot heavy, quest to find your heritage and tell the world what you believe in.  Via old school DnD rules.

And they are multiplayer! I really should buy an additional copy of both of these and do a 2 person LP through them...

As for myself,
X-Com
FTL

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 10:15:33 am »

I wouldn't suggest Baldur's Gate for a co-op experience. It's more single-player plot heavy stuff. The Icewind Dale series is much better for a co-op run and you're able to fully create your own party without missing out on plot.
Getting together six friends and palying through the Icewind Dale series with no pause could be a lot of fun!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 10:41:00 am »

Vietcong one plus add-ons  best £3 i spent all year.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 10:50:26 am »

Persona 4 Arena  ;D
Dragon Dogma though there could be more bosses
Tales of Grace F
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 11:07:40 am »

Hotline Miami, which I've gushed about enough in its own thread.

Dishonoured. I've sort of grown tired of traditional stealth (the sort where you wait for some guy to move or face away), but the way it's handled here doesn't feel tedious to me at all. You hardly ever have to wait for someone to move over to get past them. It's basically a very pro-active sort of stealth. My only wish would be for a more morally grey storyline and a longer campaign. Hopefully that'll be handled by the DLC, which I'll happily buy despite usually being an opponent of them.

Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Warfare DLC. You'd think being a lone soldier in the Napoleonic era, with the rifles that shoot once and take forever to reload, would be tedious, but it really isn't. It's fun and really unique. The animation system also somehow makes this really prone to unintentional comedy for some reason. Like a lot of the animations feel like forcing the Warband engine to accomodate certain actions, and it just often ends up looking hillarious.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 11:09:49 am »

I wouldn't suggest Baldur's Gate for a co-op experience. It's more single-player plot heavy stuff. The Icewind Dale series is much better for a co-op run and you're able to fully create your own party without missing out on plot.
Getting together six friends and palying through the Icewind Dale series with no pause could be a lot of fun!
But then again, co-op with friends is ALWAYS fun.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 11:46:32 am »

Also Age of Wonder: Shadow Magic, which is the best game I got off GOG except To the Moon. The gameplay's fairly good, the campaign's fine, and the graphic's still quite vibrant and detailed even by modern standard. One of the last good 2.5D game of its type that survived the 3D craze.

And mandatory Kerbal Space Program mention. Since I loved Orbiter, but was never able to use TransX MFD(The maneuver planner of Orbiter) properly, nor reentry w/o turning myself into a charred hunk. Definitely worth much more than my $15 at that time. I wonder what will happen once reentry heat and corridor get implemented in KSP, though!

Crusader Kings 2
Easily the best $$ to hours of playtime ratio of the year for me, barring free games.

Just got that off steam and it was 75% off. Now if only I have more bandwidth. :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:55:25 am by JWNoctis »
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 11:57:07 am »

Well, I'm going to say Fallen enchantress. So damn addicting, and in some ways it's actually BETTER than master of magic in my opinion.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 [2]