Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Games you regret buying - 2012  (Read 18200 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Games you regret buying - 2012
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 09:17:48 am »

I'm pretty good about knowing if I'll like a game before I put down any money on it, so I can't say I regret much, however I honestly have some regret purchasing the Humble THQ bundle, I mean the only game in the bundle that has proved worth the download is Company of Heroes and I owned that beforehand already.  At least I was predictive enough of my enjoyment of the bundle games to make sure my money went to charity.

Also regret purchasing Shogun 2 total war, even though I got it on sale back when the last steam winter sale was winding down. That game is just the worse piece of shit Corrupt Assembly has ever put out, but at least it served the purpose of solidifying an opinion that its not worth buying games made by CA.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 09:18:28 am »

Clicking created some sort of air / magic orb thing which confused me, walking didn't work half the time, blergh.

Just ... clic on the road, you know ?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 09:26:28 am »

ArmA 2 for DayZ:
Never got into it, just felt clunky and dull.
You bought a game that was already clunky for an alpha stage mod, what did you expect?
I only dislike BoI and The Witcher because of the controls. BoI is just very 'laggy' for me, although the first 20 minutes I played it, it wasn't. I kinda liked it, although it felt like playing some glorified flash game.
It is a glorified flash game, still one of my favorite games though. They're in the process of rebuilding it in not-flash though!

I guess if I had to choose a game, it would be Guild Wars 2. I really enjoy playing it but I just can't bring myself to play it for more than a day a month. It's also one of my favorite games of 2012, and I don't regret buying it... Maybe I'm just less cynical of games than everyone else, since I've liked pretty much every game I've bought this year. :P
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 09:29:39 am »

Clicking created some sort of air / magic orb thing which confused me, walking didn't work half the time, blergh.

Not in the game I played xD

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 09:32:00 am »

I'm pretty good about knowing if I'll like a game before I put down any money on it, so I can't say I regret much, however I honestly have some regret purchasing the Humble THQ bundle, I mean the only game in the bundle that has proved worth the download is Company of Heroes and I owned that beforehand already.  At least I was predictive enough of my enjoyment of the bundle games to make sure my money went to charity.

Also regret purchasing Shogun 2 total war, even though I got it on sale back when the last steam winter sale was winding down. That game is just the worse piece of shit Corrupt Assembly has ever put out, but at least it served the purpose of solidifying an opinion that its not worth buying games made by CA.

Weird, Shogun 2 was my favourite TW game yet... and i'm really enjoying Saints Row from the bundle, it's ridiculous, but fun. Haven't booted up Metro yet, but I've heard good things about it as well.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 09:36:19 am »

Not in the game I played xD

Correct.  The dastards made it so that you have to hold down the left mouse button on your intended destination.  I managed to install it and figure this out since you made this post.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 09:37:59 am »

I impulse bought the new Gladiator Begins game for steam. I loved gladiator begins on my psp and this one touted "INTENSE 3 v 3 combat arenas" they were right, the problem is, NOBODY PLAYS THE DAMN THING.

So I am stuck with a 31 euro game that is meant to be played co-ooperatively, on single player.

The real problem is, it isn't a BAD game!

Clan of Champions is the name. The combat is very fun and the crafting is too, but the game as it is, a solo-fest, sucks.
Poysky Productions

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 09:49:16 am »

ArmA 2 for DayZ:
Never got into it, just felt clunky and dull.
You bought a game that was already clunky for an alpha stage mod, what did you expect?

I expected I would be able to handle the clunkiness of ArmA and enjoy the game since I have experience in clunky UI's since before, however I did not so I regret the purchase.
I expected DayZ to be fun, it was not in it's current state, hence I regret buying ArmA for it.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 10:04:21 am »

Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition 

The only reason I bought it is because I like flight sims, even considering how neutral I am towards bi-planes/WWI era air combat in the first place, I decided it'd be worth it to try it out.  I got it on sale and installed it only to find that to even play the single player campaign, I had to shell out for additional planes. 

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 10:05:20 am »

The Longest Journey was lame through-and-through.

Aww man, I liked that game. Some of the 3d is horrendous hilariously bad, but the story is pretty entertaining.

I regret buying GW2, not really because it's a bad game, but I just can't play that style of mmorpg anymore. I don't feel like I really have any impact on the shard I'm playing on, events are just a matter of zerging them and rarely fail, and if they do they just reset after a while. There is never any event with high stakes at play, which would make the game much more interesting.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 10:15:09 am »

The Longest Journey annoyed me.  I would happily read the book or watch the film, but I refuse to trudge my way through it's archaic pixel hunting and obtuse puzzles.  If only they'd gone in a similar direction to To The Moon.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 10:19:16 am »

The Longest Journey was lame through-and-through.

Aww man, I liked that game. Some of the 3d is horrendous hilariously bad, but the story is pretty entertaining.

I regret buying GW2, not really because it's a bad game, but I just can't play that style of mmorpg anymore. I don't feel like I really have any impact on the shard I'm playing on, events are just a matter of zerging them and rarely fail, and if they do they just reset after a while. There is never any event with high stakes at play, which would make the game much more interesting.
Agreed on GW2, it may be the next step in themepark MMOs, but I probably would be able to play it more if what you did had more lasting effects.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 10:26:59 am »

Hmm probably Stronghold 3(I think I bought that this year?).
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:21 am »

I don't regret buying Mass Effect 3 per se, but I regret its whole existence in the form it ended up. Does that count?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:51 am »

Hmm probably Stronghold 3(I think I bought that this year?).
I heard some horrid things about Stronghold 3. Is it true that the enemy pikeman reach up attack your men that are on the battlements?  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11