Poll

Aren't you happy this is back?

Yes
- 7 (87.5%)
No
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 102

Author Topic: [6/8] The Never-Ending Dungeon: AN UPDATE!11??11!!?  (Read 89618 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: The Never-Ending Dungeon: Chapter 2 -- The Grimoire of Specters
« Reply #1155 on: March 01, 2014, 08:11:22 pm »

"If there's nothing you'll say, is there any reason for me to keep talking?"

The Trickster Sprite perks his head up, as if an idea flashed in his mind. Suddenly, his own shadows move and morph to form words.

I am sorry M'ber. No touch book, book is evil but I no know when I touch it and book transform me into evil thing. Book is bad. Sprite not sure if M'ber remembers me but I sorry for what I did. I had no control.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 01, 2014, 08:16:37 pm »

"Who are you? Or, who were you?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 01, 2014, 08:21:52 pm »

Wander over to the body, take it to the medbay. If dead than get Rill to go preform lastrites or somesutch.
And then head to the Shadowy peaks, because I totally am not out to got this guy (and his relations) with us again.
The guy who is totally not talking about his relations below.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:01:11 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 01, 2014, 08:23:28 pm »

The shadows shift around.

I have no name, I am a Trickster Sprite. Allow me to demonstrate.   the words read, now with better grammar as if the Trickster Sprite is getting used to such a thing. After M'ber reads them, the shadows morph onto a nearby stand and begin to form an animated image.

"LET'S HEAD EAST!" The Red Mage exclaims.
"Presuming you will allow me to join your company, I believe we should indeed go to the east." Gragrar says.

The Trickster slowly shakes his head, looking down with grieve.
What's wrong, Trickster?" The Gold Mage asks.
The Trickster proceeds to pull out a photo, showing it to the Gold Mage.
On the photo is a picture of the Trickster's family. A kid and a wife, as well as a cat.

"Oh... I see." The Gold Mage says.
"So this is where we part ways..." The Red Mage says, looking away.
The Trickster nods slowly. Like he joined the party, he left, fading with the shadows. You only see a mere shadow of him moving across the ashes of the crater.

The Trickster Sprite has left the party.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 01, 2014, 08:37:58 pm »

"Ah. And...I forgive you, Trickster."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 01, 2014, 08:54:02 pm »

((During periods of inaction, feel free to just roleplay among yourselves.))

"Ah. And...I forgive you, Trickster."

The Trickster Sprite gazes up at M'ber as a small tear wells in his eyes. The shadowy images on the fish stand reshape into another scene.

The scene shows a small house with a straw roof, sitting on a hill top among a bright green meadow, with wild flowers and clouds scattered throughout it's open plain. The animated image zooms in on the dark-purple figure of the Trickster Sprite walking inside of the house, grasping the simple wood door and swinging it open. The scene flickers to the interior, a small room with a kitchen and some beds to rest in. The fireplace's hearth glows with dead embers, and many pieces of furniture lay on the ground with pieces of clothing and pans strewn across, as well as claw marks ripped inside the wood flooring. A dead orange cat is seen behind the kitchen table, a puddle of blood spilled under it. Signs of a struggle.
   A horror-struck look quickly finds it's way on the Trickster's face as he sprints towards the bed, where a bloody note rests on it's torn mattress.

Come to the Shadowy Peaks if you wish to see your wife and son alive.  -Nevermore   the note read, written neatly in cursive.

The Trickster Sprite rammed through the door and set through the green meadows, towards a mountain with a swirling black cloud amid it's peak.

The image flickers out as the shadows return to the Trickster, a stream of tears running down his green eyes.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 01, 2014, 08:55:31 pm »

John approaches the book, then tries to slice it in half with his machete.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 01, 2014, 10:10:35 pm »

Go into "Blazer" and get Morina to identify both the book and my hammer(check it to ensure it doesn't have any tricks I don't know about.)

You look like a sharp one, what can you tell me about these?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 02, 2014, 12:00:57 am »

The shadow remorphs onto the stand as the Trickster Sprite musters up the will to manipulate it.

A colossal ruin stands in front of Trickster, similar to half of a large castle. Two turrets are erected from the sides of the towering wall which has a large metal gate in it's center with moss spiraling down. As the Trickster traversed the old cobblestone trail, he sinks into his own shadow and morphs into it. The shadow moves through the ruined gate and inside the castle's courtyard, which is overgrown with cracked stone pillars and destroyed fountains. He advanced through the courtyard and into a large tunnel which marked the courtyard's end, his shadow spiraling through the depths and the darkness within.
   A faint shifting was heard deep within the earth; Trickster perked his head to the noise, attentively searching for it. No source was found, so he continued down the halls of the ruins via shadow. In front of him a light shone, standing out from the pitch darkness of the hall. The light lead to another light which lead to more light inside a hall of larger radius, lit by sunlight shining through jade windows carved into the right side of the hall. The aquamarine light shone, lighting the rough texture of the stone ground and the organic look of the green moss littering over the walls, creeping down to the floor in a droopy fashion. Out at the end of the hall stood a man of tall stature, masked by the ceramic shell of a raven's beak and hooded by the dark-purple of a cloak with various assortments of runes inscribed on it's bottom lining.

"I didn't think that you'd come..." the man softly says, his voice echoing throughout the large hall. The Trickster Sprite emerges from his shadow, a fiery glare locked onto the cloaked man with his lime green eyes.
 "You were never the talker, were you..?" the man said, earning a scowl from the Trickster Sprite.
 "No need to be coy, I shall be brief." he claimed, stepping through the jade lit hallway. Each step made a tap sound as his pointy black shoes stepped gently against the rough stone--a book was in the man's hand, with dark-purple runes scrawned over it as his glove tenaciously grasped it.

Then the image faded off the market stand.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1164 on: March 02, 2014, 03:35:03 pm »

Sit tight and see what happens.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 02, 2014, 04:11:29 pm »

Sig

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 02, 2014, 07:46:09 pm »

Stick with action from before.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 03, 2014, 05:39:27 pm »

Making the turn today, sometime.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 03, 2014, 07:05:28 pm »

╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡
The Never-Ending Dungeon

"Well, Sprite? Have you anything to say?" M'ber said with a questioning look. The Trickster Sprite remains in silence.
 "If there's nothing you'll say, is there any reason for me to keep talking?"
The Trickster Sprite perks his head up, as if an idea flashed in his mind. Suddenly, his own shadows move and morph to form words.

I am sorry M'ber. No touch book, book is evil but I no know when I touch it and book transform me into evil thing. Book is bad. Sprite not sure if M'ber remembers me but I sorry for what I did. I had no control.

"Who are you? Or, who were you?"
The shadows shift around.
I have no name, I am a Trickster Sprite. Allow me to demonstrate.   the words read, now with better grammar as if the Trickster Sprite is getting used to such a thing. After M'ber reads them, the shadows morph onto a nearby stand and begin to form an animated image.

"LET'S HEAD EAST!" The Red Mage exclaims.
"Presuming you will allow me to join your company, I believe we should indeed go to the east." Gragrar says.

The Trickster slowly shakes his head, looking down with grieve.
What's wrong, Trickster?" The Gold Mage asks.
The Trickster proceeds to pull out a photo, showing it to the Gold Mage.
On the photo is a picture of the Trickster's family. A kid and a wife, as well as a cat.

"Oh... I see." The Gold Mage says.
"So this is where we part ways..." The Red Mage says, looking away.
The Trickster nods slowly. Like he joined the party, he left, fading with the shadows. You only see a mere shadow of him moving across the ashes of the crater.

The Trickster Sprite has left the party.

"Ah. And...I forgive you, Trickster." M'ber said, gazing at the scene.
The Trickster Sprite gazes up at M'ber as a small tear wells in his eyes. The shadowy images on the fish stand reshape into another scene.

The scene shows a small house with a straw roof, sitting on a hill top among a bright green meadow, with wild flowers and clouds scattered throughout it's open plain. The animated image zooms in on the dark-purple figure of the Trickster Sprite walking inside of the house, grasping the simple wood door and swinging it open. The scene flickers to the interior, a small room with a kitchen and some beds to rest in. The fireplace's hearth glows with dead embers, and many pieces of furniture lay on the ground with pieces of clothing and pans strewn across, as well as claw marks ripped inside the wood flooring. A dead orange cat is seen behind the kitchen table, a puddle of blood spilled under it. Signs of a struggle.
   A horror-struck look quickly finds it's way on the Trickster's face as he sprints towards the bed, where a bloody note rests on it's torn mattress.

Come to the Shadowy Peaks if you wish to see your wife and son alive.  -Nevermore   the note read, written neatly in cursive.

The Trickster Sprite rammed through the door and set through the green meadows, towards a mountain with a swirling black cloud amid it's peak.
The image flickers out as the shadows return to the Trickster, a stream of tears running down his green eyes.

The shadow remorphs onto the stand as the Trickster Sprite musters up the will to manipulate it.

A colossal ruin stands in front of Trickster, similar to half of a large castle. Two turrets are erected from the sides of the towering wall which has a large metal gate in it's center with moss spiraling down. As the Trickster traversed the old cobblestone trail, he sinks into his own shadow and morphs into it. The shadow moves through the ruined gate and inside the castle's courtyard, which is overgrown with cracked stone pillars and destroyed fountains. He advanced through the courtyard and into a large tunnel which marked the courtyard's end, his shadow spiraling through the depths and the darkness within.
   A faint shifting was heard deep within the earth; Trickster perked his head to the noise, attentively searching for it. No source was found, so he continued down the halls of the ruins via shadow. In front of him a light shone, standing out from the pitch darkness of the hall. The light lead to another light which lead to more light inside a hall of larger radius, lit by sunlight shining through jade windows carved into the right side of the hall. The aquamarine light shone, lighting the rough texture of the stone ground and the organic look of the green moss littering over the walls, creeping down to the floor in a droopy fashion. Out at the end of the hall stood a man of tall stature, masked by the ceramic shell of a raven's beak and hooded by the dark-purple of a cloak with various assortments of runes inscribed on it's bottom lining.

"I didn't think that you'd come..." the man softly says, his voice echoing throughout the large hall. The Trickster Sprite emerges from his shadow, a fiery glare locked onto the cloaked man with his lime green eyes.
 "You were never the talker, were you..?" the man said, earning a scowl from the Trickster Sprite.
 "No need to be coy, I shall be brief." he claimed, stepping through the jade lit hallway. Each step made a tap sound as his pointy black shoes stepped gently against the rough stone--a book was in the man's hand, with dark-purple runes scrawned over it as his glove tenaciously grasped it.

Then the image faded off the market stand.

---
   Thingy moves down to the entrance and begins to drag Dirus's body with care to the end of the hallway. Standing behind the body is Rillsim, looking down with a sorrowful look stained onto his face. Morina stands at his side, adjusting her leather armor.
 "May Asalatasiama forever bless this fallen man with eternal rest; Dirus, you have done a great good to retract from the ordinary goblin ways to assist the greater good. May the goddess welcome you with open arms." he says before looking down in a moment of silence. Everyone else follows, with Morina tearing up during the silence. After the moment is over, Thingy heads hastily over to the control room.
   Having seen what the Trickster Sprite's scene said through the ship's telescope, he set the coordinates for the Shadowy Peaks and waits.

-
 "You look like a sharp one, what can you tell me about these?" Talonis says to Morina. Morina wipes a tear from her eye and takes an appraising glace at his hammer and the book which he took her to.
Her eyes shoot open.
 "That book's aura, it's evil all right." she says.
 "Obviously."
 "Looks like ancient Heranian runes... The Grimoire of Specters... I have no idea what it could be. It's not just any old book, maybe Trickster could inquire further. Let me see your hammer." she said, taking Talonis's hammer in hand.

"Ah, an artifact of the Southern Wolf tribe... It has many of it's runic dialect inscribed on the hammer, which gives it a magic power. I can't read it, you'd need someone from the actual tribe to do it, but I can probably see what it does..." she says, rotating it's handle around in appraisal.

"Oh, it's a Kinetic weapon."
 "A Kinetic weapon?"
 "It gathers the kinetic energy it gathers when thrown or spun or something and compresses it into a single blow, kind of like Thor's hammer. With some extra enchantments you could even levitate it. Very valuable and rare." she explains with a nod.
 "Alright, thank you."
 "No pro-" she says before gasping; John raises his machete high and brings it down upon the Grimoire with force. Suddenly, a dark-purple light flashes before a dark energy resonates inside John's machete. He looks down--the book appears untouched, but his machete still glows with dark-purple energy.

"I don't know what it is but it looks like it's cursed."

---
 M'ber and the Blue Mage find a sturdy rock to sit on.
-
 Maseau's slimes sink into the ground.

======
   The Trickster Sprite's image flickers back onto the fishing stand.

The man known as Nevermore slowly takes gentle steps towards the Trickster, his ceramic crow-beak mask glimmering in the aquamarine light. The Trickster turns behind him, only to see the door blocked off by a dark purple energy. Nevermore holds out his leather-bound glove and snaps his fingers; a bright ball of white light emits from it and gradually floats into the air, illuminating the large stone hall with a bright light. The Trickster covers his eyes, wincing in pain from the bright light--he can't morph into a shadow to save himself, but instead slowly reduces himself to a sitting position against the wall. Nevermore brings up the Grimoire of Specters up to Thingy's face, the book resonating with a malign energy. He gently sets the book into the Trickster's lap, where it suddenly wraps a leather strap attached to the book onto Trickster's belt. Trickster yells in agonizing pain as he stands up. His body begins to grow taller in stature and his eyes glow red, being masked by a materializing set of dark armor. The Mysterious Armored man, who is actually the Trickster Sprite, stands emotionless in front of Nevermore in a docile state. A sinister smile creeps onto Nevermore's face behind the ceramic mask as he opens his mouth to breathe a command;

"Find the party -- and kill them."

It is now night.

♦Players♦
 ▼The S.S Blazer
Spoiler: Thingy (30) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rillsim (25) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue Mage (14) (click to show/hide)
▼Market Square
Spoiler: Talonis Wolf (13) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: M'Ber (12) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ΩDungeon-ExΩ (click to show/hide)

☼ENEMIES☼
¤¬The Trickster Sprite⌐¤ [19] [Alignment Unknown]

♥ALLIES♥
Scamps the Cat [10]
Red Mage [30]
Dan Straight the Soviet Wizard [15]
Gnome [5] (Blue Mage)

¤COLLECTED ARTIFACTS¤
¤¬Dark Mage Head⌐¤
ΩDungeon-ExΩ
Θ«Bow of Frigid WindsΘ»
¬+Breastplate of Stealthed Sight+⌐
ε))Rollerskates of Blazing Glory((ε
☼Arsonist's Joy☼
◄•Key to the Never-Ending Dungeon•►
╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:10:28 pm by PrivateNomad »

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 03, 2014, 07:06:20 pm »

Jet pack around with my slime jets.
Crack-a-lack-a
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 102