Poll

Aren't you happy this is back?

Yes
- 7 (87.5%)
No
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 102

Author Topic: [6/8] The Never-Ending Dungeon: AN UPDATE!11??11!!?  (Read 89694 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: ◄•The Never Ending Dungeon•►
« Reply #945 on: December 26, 2013, 04:29:21 pm »

"Then let me ask you this: why does he need it stolen, if it's not his? Why can't he steal it himself? If he can't steal it himself, how does he know exactly where it is? How does he know it hasn't been moved? Jussillitin's Knife applies both ways, M'Ber."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 26, 2013, 04:30:08 pm »

See if the Blazer has an onboard navigational system.

A map would also suffice.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 26, 2013, 04:50:01 pm »

"Then let me ask you this: why does he need it stolen, if it's not his? Why can't he steal it himself? If he can't steal it himself, how does he know exactly where it is? How does he know it hasn't been moved? Jussillitin's Knife applies both ways, M'Ber."
"He would presumably want it stolen because of some magical or monetary value, and he would have asked Smashy so he wouldn't be caught, because he wasn't the one stealing it. He could, theoretically steal it, but fears the long arm of the law. And if he wanted it stolen, there are many ways he could have found out. It's likelier that he would discover where it was if he was trying to steal it than if it was stolen from him."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 26, 2013, 04:53:27 pm »

"And now your explanation has become just as complex as one that supposes it isn't theft. So Jusillitin's Knife does not apply. And we are left with the facts; Smashy has alreqdy agreed to do this. The ship cqn keep use safe and transport us away should we find ourselves in trouble with the authorities. We can return the jewel to this Ulfric should it be theft, by taking it from the Lizard. And so on."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 26, 2013, 04:57:36 pm »

"No, it does not. The gem being stolen from him requires that the thief be horribly incompetent and the client was somehow unable to either go into the room himself or contact the police. Him wanting to steal the gem merely requires basic joint-casing and a desire not to be caught. And I'm sick of being a bunch of criminals."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 26, 2013, 05:04:42 pm »

"You know, it could be a trap..."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 26, 2013, 05:12:05 pm »

"All the more reason not to break into someone's room!"
Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 26, 2013, 05:13:47 pm »

"Annnd that was my point."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 26, 2013, 08:37:04 pm »

"No, it does not. The gem being stolen from him requires that the thief be horribly incompetent and the client was somehow unable to either go into the room himself or contact the police. Him wanting to steal the gem merely requires basic joint-casing and a desire not to be caught. And I'm sick of being a bunch of criminals."
"It seems like you're under a mistaken impression that i ever implied that the gem was ever stolen by anyone."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 26, 2013, 09:13:46 pm »

"It seems like you're under a mistaken impression that i ever implied that the gem was ever stolen by anyone."
"And what other suggestion do you have? That he has this gem that is so important that he has to have someone break into the person's room to get it now, in a shelter--so the resident is unlikely to simply be absent--and is somehow unable to get it himself? Can you explain that?"
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 26, 2013, 11:56:09 pm »

Rillsim sighed an orc-y sigh and began speaking once more, frustrated with the tone and ridiculous perseverance of the goblin.

"I'd already said it, if you'd been listening instead of imagining what I was saying. Him being too busy to get it himself may simply be a matter of convenience for the wealthy; he has more important things to do, and would rather pay someone else to retrieve it for him. I don't remember hearing anything about him needing it with any urgency, nor was there a break-in impied. No, indeed, I think it is far more likely that this Mr. Ulfric is simply away on business or somesuch and cannot return the gem to the Lizard, whom wishes it back at this time, Mr. Ulfric having borrowed it for safekeeping or examination or what-have-you. A message sent by magic could have alerted the Lizard to where exactly the gem is in the house. And of course, this is but one of many plausible, non-paranoid explanations. Besides which, if we find I am wrong, we can cease and desist easily enough, returning tophe gem to Mr. Ulfric, can we not?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 27, 2013, 12:00:49 pm »

"Would it really take that much longer to get himself than to find someone to get it? And why ask a random stranger? After all, there is every possibility that such an individual would want to keep it for himself. If he wanted to steal it, then this would be basically no loss--especially if he has ties to the government, and could hence take it from the evidence storage place or wherever at his leisure--but if it was his, it would doubtlessly be a great loss. And no, we couldn't simply return the gem, because we would be considered thieves. The law does not just let us run free if we promise to return it after being discovered! Finally, I am not being paranoid, I am being cautious...something I am the only one interested in doing, evidently."
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 27, 2013, 01:22:48 pm »

"Never attribute to malice what can be credited to stupidity.

"Additionally, if he has ties to the government, it may well be that we are stealing it for the ruling body of authorities then, in which case we would be assisting the side of the law you seem to wish to be on."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 27, 2013, 09:27:07 pm »

"Never attribute to stupidity what makes more sense as malice. And the law wouldn't need to have a man vaguely connected to them ask someone else to steal the gem for them, if they wanted to steal a gem in the first place; they would simply mount a raid for it."
Sig

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 27, 2014, 07:53:09 pm »

I should probably start updating my other threads now
╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡
The Never-Ending Dungeon

Some of the crew begin to argue which is directed towards Smashy about the gem and the GM is too lazy to copy and paste it all. Smashy leaves the ship and M'ber soon follows the troublesome ogre to a small shack with 'Urak's Guds' crudely drawn on the front door of it, which is littered with scratches and holes. Smashy strides inside with M'ber behind him and see a large, grey-skinned, barrel chested ogre standing at around 7 feet tall with half-moon spectacles on. The ogre reaches his large meaty fingers towards his spectacles and adjust Ss them before looking towards Smashy.
 "Hail, kin. Urak greets you to shop." She says in a calm voice, motioning his muscular, hairy arm to a sizeable array of goods set on shelves on the wall. On one shelf is basic supplies, such as torches and rations etc. On the shelf above it is metal armors, large and small, with a large casing with a ?Glowing Grey Long Sword?, it's golden hilt adorned with gems and with one edge of it's blade serrated with small teeth. On the shelf above it are various weapons like bows and swords. The shelf on the other side of the small shack has a variety of trinkets laid upon it, such as an hourglass and small metallic device which resembles a lighter.

-
  Meanwhile, Maseau continues to swim and locate sharks. No sharks are swimming at the time, only small-fry fish.
-
  Rillsim grumbles to himself as he makes way towards the ship, squeezing the water out his robes. He reaches the ship's main room where everyone except Smashy, M'ber, and Thingy are.

Thingy eventually walks in with Scamps the talking cat, and the two stride around the ship, examining things. The control room has many complicated gizmos including holographic HUDs, with altimeter, speedometer, advanced auto-pilot, intelligent thrust control, and fuel levels which are much higher now. Behind it all is a high captain's chair with velvet padding and many controls on it's arms. Thingy and Scamps move down to the engine room, which is fully repaired and much more advanced. Inside the metallic room is a cryocooler which is designed to cool Hydrogen along with Oxygen for more efficient thrust. He moves upstairs to the dormitories, which have soft beds with television and more leisure items.

-

Skhasha looks up around the ship and away from the shining metal key that descended from the sky in an angelic light. She then scuttles over to the control room and leans over at the shiny, metallic controls. She presses a blue button which has a wireframed sphere on it and a holographic display of the planet appears from a small glass object above the button. She reaches on of her arms towards it, and finds that it is interactive. She swipes the globe slowly to rotate it, viewing the many continents and islands of the globe. She clasps her claws together and the world rotates to a large continent with two peninsulas, and begins to zoom in to the fishing harbor, showing a bird's eye view of it. The activity inside it is not shown, only the terrain and the buildings. She unclasps her hands and continues to move them apart, causing the holographic map to zoom out. Two small spherical objects appear by the planet, the two moons of the world -- Sentar and Matras. Sentar has a white, scratched surface with some craters littered across the surface. Matras appears to be very icy, with mint-blue hills rolling out from mint-icy lakes scattered across the small moon.
 She zooms out even more, and a solar system with the sun in the center is shown with the tiny pale blue dot around two feet away from the sun in the holographic view. She presses on the sun, and information pops up above the bright light, with the word 'Sol' above it. Other names start appearing, the planet closest to the sun being labeled 'Mysticus', a round pale-purple planet with a heavy atmosphere surrounding it with swirls of blue. The next planet, Infelix, is brown with streaks of grey. The surface is covered with craters and volcanoes. The next planet labeled Vigor is blue with green continents covering it. This planet is where you live right now -- Home.
 The next planet is large, with green and lime-colored swirls. This planet is Multis, Sol's largest planet with many moons surrounding it. That is where planets stop appearing, save for a tiny white pixel named Velox, which is too small to make out details. Skhasha takes step back, astonished from the wide array of planets and the such.
 "Woah."

♦Players♦
Spoiler: M'Ber (12) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thingy (30) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shkasha (25) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rillsim (9) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ΩDungeon-ExΩ (click to show/hide)

☼ENEMIES☼

♥ALLIES♥
Scamps the Cat [10]
2 Cats [10]
Red Mage [30]
Dan Straight the Soviet Wizard [25]

¤COLLECTED ARTIFACTS¤
¤¬Dark Mage Head⌐¤
ΩDungeon-ExΩ
Θ«Bow of Frigid WindsΘ»
¬+Breastplate of Stealthed Sight+⌐
ε))Rollerskates of Blazing Glory((ε