Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What bearing should Litast walk 500 miles and then 500 more?

North
East
South
West

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A Blind Journey  (Read 7522 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
A Blind Journey
« on: December 18, 2012, 10:17:20 am »

Blind adventurers
The ultimate handicap in a world where your sight is everything and everything wants to kill you. The above is not an adventurer, but a mere Dwarf I blinded in arena mode, attempting to navigate a simple path. The result is astounding.
The subject is incapable of talking to anyone it is not directly on top of. Incapable of seeing, only feeling the tile it is standing or crawling on. The subject however at first seems to be able to still blindly lash out at everything within 1 tile's distance. But this is not a story, this is not a thing; not a living person that could have possibly existed in some broken universe somewhere. This is just Dwarf 42.

I feel I must start a blind adventure, recording the ups and the downs as well as the side effects of playing a game blind. Create a story, a being- and find out what it takes to be an adventurer.

So, picking up DF_34_11, I am starting a blind playthrough with a blind adventurer, and recording the trials and tribulations ahead for an Odyssey of this caliber.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Blind Journey
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 10:19:49 am »

Shows promise. PTW, make this one great Whispers~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:39:50 am »

Blind adventurer = no fun for the player.  Make it fun for us viewing!

*Also better put some stats into fighter.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 12:00:37 pm »

PTW, just so I get to know what my lucky unfortunate blinded military get to go through on a regular basis.
This is a blank sig.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 12:07:49 pm »

Do it.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 12:56:22 pm »

9th of Malachite, 123 A.U.
I, am Litast Shinkodor, proficient speardwarf and peasant.
I know that I do not know much, but I know I can make my mark in the world somehow. It is such that I find myself in a human town seeking to kill the Human Baron Lucmen, who has killed 3000 in his lust for murder.
I do not go alone - the one who told me such has elected to join me, I do not object.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stocky, broad and a blacksmith (although maybe a bit too tall for her own good), she'd have made a great Dwarf!
With bronze and steel I stand outside a diorite Fortress. The guards haven't spotted us yet, so we may be able to sneak inside and slay this fiend.
The keep looks like any other - but it was deserted. The first person there greeted us in a small dark room.
I have the sudden urge to burn this city to the ground. Bloody humans are messed up.
The fight began.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 01:01:46 pm »

Blind adventurer = no fun for the player.  Make it fun for us viewing!

*Also better put some stats into fighter.
PTW, just so I get to know what my lucky unfortunate blinded military get to go through on a regular basis.
Still wondering what to do with my adventurer. I know of a few notable landmarks to visit. Rumours of the highest peak in the world, great serene lakes of beauty, the fields of insanity...
I remember in .31, I had a squad of super soldiers who knew no fear or pain and had no working eyes. They were awesome. Got a record to live up to :P
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:46:22 pm by Loud Whispers »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 01:01:59 pm »

This will be... something.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 03:08:55 pm »

This will be... something.

Yeah, its an interesting idea, but I dont think you can do much with it. It wouldve been better if you had a limited sight, like 1-3 dots away or so.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 04:00:54 pm »

9th of Malachite, 123 A.U.
Lucmen is dead now, slain by my spear. It was hard fought and I would not have been able to defeat Lucmen without Racon, but Racon is gone now. The vampire's blood has been cleaned out with lye and soap, no more shall this town fear the night.
I suppose there's nothing much left to do but enjoy a quiet day's drink hunting cheetahs and coins.
May Lucmen forever rot in the underworld!
Litast Shinkodor

"And on the 9th of Malachite 123 A.U. the Dwarf lord Litast Brightdawns single handedly fought the Demon vampire warlord Lucmen Clinchtwine and his dreaded army, in a battle atop a volcano as magma crabs set fire to the landscape. But Litast was there with his bronze spear and shining armour..."
~A very confused historian.

ACROSS THE HILL OF UMBRAS
From the fingers of fertility (a small river), emerged an Elf demigod. Clad in nature itself, he strode out to what would be a 6 day journey with naught but the comfort of nature to deliver a message of great importance to a significant Dwarf - a message of warning. A portent of a bronze warrior striking the light out from the dark.

Travelling with Rhino herds, Giant Snail colonies, hearing the greetings of the rattle snake and the fleeting rivers that wound their way through the arid deserts, the Elf was making progress - one day's travel done.

Even the most unnatural of constructs had their own sense of wizened splendor.

In their own, artificial ways.

8th OF GALENA, 123 A.U.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 05:32:27 pm »

Yes. Moar.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 05:47:20 am »

This looks awesome.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 08:34:16 am »

I remember right after I became a necromancer after getting super
strength agility and toughness the 3 marksdwarves I had outside started shooting at me leading two bolts stuck in my eyes oh boy I died a few steps later from them not sure how to react to it..

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 09:05:27 pm »

Finding a unique sword in a Fortress is as easy as finding a certain Dwarf in a city.
!!!!!!!!!!

Not very.

19th of Limestone, 123 A.U.

Walking pass the wretched hamlet Lizardglades, who can we say for certain was there, other than the hero Litast? - Limbs struck cold at the sight of human corpses strewn about like carrion.
In a heartbeat shouts and curses were swallowed by a great uproar and Litast found himself fighting for escape against insanity and accusations.
Eyes crying blood at the reaction of the people he'd known to trust - Litast fled.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 09:08:26 pm »

I have to commend your determinism if you walked the blind guy around with such accuracy without cheating. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: [1] 2 3