Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [GIVEAWAY] Everyday cheer for the unlucky  (Read 16401 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: [GIVEAWAY] Everyday cheer for the unlucky
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2013, 05:41:49 pm »

Added a few more games!

- Waveform (Indie Royale)
- Avadon: The Black Fortress(Indie Royale)
- Zafehouse: Diaries (Indie Royale)
- Derrick the Deathfin (Indie Royale)
- War of the Human Tanks (Indie Royale)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2013, 05:08:00 pm »

Indie Gala just did an amazing Happy Hour thing - it now appears that I have another 8 copies of all games in the bundle to give!!! Huzzah for IndieGala :)

At least that's what it seems to me - they're being awfully nice. I checked the keys, they all do seem to be different so...

Steam
- Gettysburg: Armoured Warfare
- A Game of Dwarves
- Warlock: Master of the Arcane
- Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
- Defenders of Ardania

GamersGate
- Street Racing Syndicate
- Guilty Gear Isuka
- Gun Metal

I'm going to add these as a separate thing in the first post so I can keep track of things :)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2013, 04:26:59 am »

*bump* :)

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2013, 08:50:20 am »

Such a great thread! I have no problems myself. In fact I am quite relieved: my best friend is staying abroad in Harvard/Boston Medical School. He went to the marathon yesterday and left exactly 40 minutes before the bombing happened...

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2013, 08:52:59 am »

I'm glad he's OK. I don't think this will derail much, since the thread is humanitarian at heart, but here's a beautiful little text someone posted on Facebook:

"...Boston. F*cking horrible. I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, 'Well, I've had it with humanity.'

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out...This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, 'The good outnumber you, and we always will...'"

- Patton Oswalt

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2013, 09:55:53 am »

Added, for Steam:
- Guns of Icarus Online (IndieGameStand)
- Guns of Icarus Online: Original Soundtrack (IndieGameStand)
- Guns of Icarus Online: Captain’s Costume Pack (IndieGameStand)

:)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2013, 11:28:20 am »

I am thinking these games aren't going away fast enough... so I'm planning to change how I'll give these away. I think the general idea will be simply that you can ask for a game as long as you promise you'll be nice to other people, friends or strangers. The world needs more nice people, that smile at each other and lend a helping hand :)

I won't do this right now, since I'm emigrating within the next few weeks, but once I'm settled in I'll get it going :)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2013, 12:22:23 pm »

...I'm not sure if I should claim a game, if they're currently available/will be available according to your latest post, as I'd like to think of myself as doing fine, even though my parents are in the middle of getting a divorce and I'm caught up in moving.

But...assuming I can, I'd like to claim that copy of Civilization V I see, if it's available.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2013, 06:28:13 pm »

I am thinking these games aren't going away fast enough... so I'm planning to change how I'll give these away. I think the general idea will be simply that you can ask for a game as long as you promise you'll be nice to other people, friends or strangers. The world needs more nice people, that smile at each other and lend a helping hand :)

I won't do this right now, since I'm emigrating within the next few weeks, but once I'm settled in I'll get it going :)

Emigrating!? Wow. Where to?

Also, erm, Max Payne is off the list for now. Sorry.

HOWEVER:

In its place, I have two Guest Passes for Killing Floor. That is, the full game for a limited amount of time.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:30:24 pm by Reudh »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2013, 10:13:01 pm »

This reminds me of a thing a support group my parents go to does...they  call it Random Acts of Kindness, and basically they just have members agree to do one nice thing (from holding a door open to offering to pay for someone's gas) and then give them a little card. I like it!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2013, 10:55:46 pm »

Since I see the nature of this thread has changed, and I really didn't feel comfortable claiming a game when there are people worse off than me, I would like to request Guns of Icarus if that is still available.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2013, 02:35:41 am »

Might seem as begging and in fact it actually is, but please hear me out, if a copy of Starbound become available i would very much have it so i can setup the promised B12 server, that is unless there is a way without having the game, if it fact its possible, just disreguard this poor attempt at begging XD
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2013, 03:05:06 am »

Glad to see how much more interest this generates now!

Like I said though, I'm *really* busy at the moment with the move (from Portugal to the US, btw), so for now let's keep this giveaway as it was before. I promise that as soon as I settle in, I'll switch this around and there'll be games a-plenty!

I would really really like it if people took the promise to be kind and caring seriously though, so think about it :)

I'd heard of Random Acts of Kindness! I should see if I can get involved :)

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2013, 03:33:21 am »

I have already take a game... But i want zafehouse diaries.... :0((

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2013, 09:00:51 am »

Glad to see how much more interest this generates now!

Like I said though, I'm *really* busy at the moment with the move (from Portugal to the US, btw), so for now let's keep this giveaway as it was before. I promise that as soon as I settle in, I'll switch this around and there'll be games a-plenty!

I would really really like it if people took the promise to be kind and caring seriously though, so think about it :)

I'd heard of Random Acts of Kindness! I should see if I can get involved :)
Hell, I was thinking about PMing various cool guys among B12, gushing a bit about how awesome they are, and then posting screenshots before you were hosting this. All the more reason to do it.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9