Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cargo Commander  (Read 1379 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cargo Commander
« on: December 17, 2012, 03:58:22 pm »

So this was brought to my attention by a friend the other day, and having searched and found no other threads on here about it, I decided to start my own.
I don't actually own it as of yet, I'm still at the "unsure" phase of convincing myself to buy it. Anyone have it? If so, what is it like?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cargo Commander
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 04:07:46 pm »

Well, this may be of help for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0LPWuTt2o4

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 04:13:49 pm »

Looks fun, if a bit simple. Not free I assume?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 04:48:49 pm »

No, its not free. It cost 7$ I think

Falknor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 04:57:29 pm »

It's simple and fun. Good Coffee break type game. Also, allows you to continue the levels for as long as you like per run.

The annoying bugs have been fixed. At least I haven't had it crash on me in a long time now.  8)
I'll use Dwarven Logic. AKA Encrusting the problem with gems, beating an elf to death with it, and then throwing it into the volcano.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 05:40:52 pm »

Argh, I'm so on the fence about this! I want to buy it, but I'm finding it hard to justify as I've spent tons on games recently.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 05:47:53 pm »

Its not bad.  I almost got bored of it when I played it the first two times, but its started to grow on me the more I play it.  Can't stand the music though.   :P  It seems pretty crashy to me as well, which can get frustrating.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:53:21 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 01:41:07 pm »

Would anyone be willing to trade a copy of this for either Dawn of War 2, Civ V or Torchlight?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 02:22:04 pm »

Oh, also I think the steam winter sale is on the 20th, so you'll probably be able to pick it up for 2.50 at some point if you are willing to wait.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 02:48:03 pm »

Oh, also I think the steam winter sale is on the 20th, so you'll probably be able to pick it up for 2.50 at some point if you are willing to wait.

Oh sweet, I'll probably wait, but the deal still stands as I've had these games waiting around in my inventory for months :P