Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flooding an area without muddy water  (Read 2445 times)

FlavorCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flooding an area without muddy water
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 05:25:33 am »

Apparently there's a bug where the water flow causes dwarfs to slip through the grates. In my case, it'd be going straight into the underground caverns.

I'm pretty sure that only applies to wall grates, but I've never actually tried it with floor grates, so grain of salt and all that. I don't think it would count as a bath (the wiki only mentions pools, brooks, and wells, no waterfalls), but it would give a waterfall bonus from the mist. Might be worth combining both, depending on how your tub is set up.

nbp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 07:37:05 am »

Apparently there's a bug where the water flow causes dwarfs to slip through the grates. In my case, it'd be going straight into the underground caverns.

I'm pretty sure that only applies to wall grates, but I've never actually tried it with floor grates, so grain of salt and all that. I don't think it would count as a bath (the wiki only mentions pools, brooks, and wells, no waterfalls), but it would give a waterfall bonus from the mist. Might be worth combining both, depending on how your tub is set up.

The entrance to my dining hall currently contains a dwarven shower.  It's been there for years, and no one has been pushed through by the (meagre) flow so far.  I think it's pretty safe.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 09:16:25 am »

Don't go overboard - I once diverted a three-tile wide river to be the shower for my dining room, and not only did it spatter mud for quite a distance, but some monster got killed there, and it was just blood and mud washing everywhere.  Pretty mist, tho ...

BlackScarPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 01:35:59 pm »

This leads to a couple questions:
1) What if one were to make a statue garden and then flood it?
2) What would doing the same, but with a barracks do for my Water Actionable Lords of Recon of Undeniable Skill?
Pages: 1 [2]