Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Selling hostiles  (Read 566 times)

smeehrrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Selling hostiles
« on: January 07, 2008, 05:26:00 pm »

I've captured some goblins and a couple titans, and I'd like to sell them to the merchants, but every time I try to move the cage to the depot the baddies escape.  Is there any way to sell these things?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Selling hostiles
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 06:30:00 pm »

I don't think so. I've heard that if you place one cage directly beside the other, you can move things that way, but idk if you can actually SELL them.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by smeehrrr:
<STRONG>I've captured some goblins and a couple titans, and I'd like to sell them to the merchants, but every time I try to move the cage to the depot the baddies escape.  Is there any way to sell these things?</STRONG>

I don't think so. I've heard of people trying to sell megabeast that then tear up their fortress. I've tried selling a berserk dwarf before and he got out. So I would say no. You can't sell hostiles.

Fenrir

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by THLawrence:
<STRONG>

I don't think so. I've heard of people trying to sell megabeast that then tear up their fortress. I've tried selling a berserk dwarf before and he got out. So I would say no. You can't sell hostiles.</STRONG>

Hmmm... If you added the [TAMEABLE] (or whatever tag makes them tameable) tag to dwarves, would it be possible to tame that berserk dwarf?

EDIT:
There's no tag that does that, nevermind. Is it possible to tame him?

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

I don't know if taming caged dwarves is possible, but it does sound like something to try on a few spare nobles...

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Troas ]

You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:56:00 pm »

Yes, there is a tamable tag - [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC] to make it require the dungeon master.

I have no idea what happens if you add it to dwarves.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!