Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Paint.  (Read 2304 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Paint.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 08:17:39 am »

Good suggestions here. In addition it would be interesting to be able to paint certain details in things like statues and engravings, or even paint entirely new images (allowing people to have "engraved" constructed block walls!). Because who doesn't want to have colourful statues?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 09:49:12 am »

I know we have engravers as our current "artists", but why not painters along with the sculptors? Soon we will have writers, sculptors will be easy to implement - but painters would complete it. 

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 06:57:35 pm »

It makes me so irrationally mad when a streak of microcline runs through my otherwise well-color-schemed fort. It would be the best thing ever to be able to color tiles with paint, even just for aesthetic reasons.

I also like the idea of giving favorite colors some more meaning.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 08:18:50 pm »

Yes, being able to paint things would be neat. I have some fairly bad OCD and am also obsessed with color to an extent. Those combined with the random stuff going through my living quarters makes me cringe @_@

If the dyes used back then didn't last long perhaps there could be a fictional plant that would make dyes/paints more permanent in some way?

Tapestries, carpets and stuff would be pretty neat too, give clothesmakers something to do with their skills =p

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 12:13:52 pm »

Paint back then certainly lasted long enough in some places. I saw paint on the ceilling of the Temple of Karnak a few years ago that has been there for about 2000 years.
Pages: 1 [2]