Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: -  (Read 2466 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: I Have Two Questions about Borderlands 2
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 02:38:52 pm »

I have BL1 but not BL2, and in my experience the first one was pretty bland.  Pandora felt pretty empty, the story was a bunch of wacky characters that never really did anything or interacted at all, the fights were pretty well done but there are so many FPSs out there (and even another major sci-fi RPG shooter, ME of course) and it didn't stand out enough.

The guns were mixed bag.  I loved seeing what crazy shit the game would throw at me and the whole idea of it was awesome.  On the other hand, the guns didn't have much kick to them.  There wasn't much recoil, the guns weren't particularly loud, and no visible damage was dealt to the enemies or the environment until I'd shot someone a dozen times and they finally fell over.  That's not really a good state of things for a game that's main selling point is lots and lots of guns, especially when games like Bad Company 2 throw so much effort into making their weapons feel monstrously powerful.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 03:15:46 pm »

I honestly think that BL2 is more of the same as BL1. Sure there are new characters and a couple new gimmicks, but overall it's very similar in my eyes. I'm only lvl 14 so maybe it gets better later, i dunno.

One thing that i dislike, is that very few guns are usable. In fact, it can cripple your early game a bit if you're unlucky (I noticed that when I restarted from lvl 7 to lvl 1 because i did something stupid and wanted a fresh start). Some other guns, on the other hand, feel overpowered in comparison.

Not long ago, I was still using the first sniper rifle you get when you fetch yeti hair for the 2nd NPC you meet. It had a 180% crit dmg bonus and 90-something damage, so i could one-shot almost everything (doing ~500 dmg, to be compared with the ~20 per shot for starter guns). In fact, the sniper rifle i'm using now is the same but higher lvl. The only other gun i'm using is the pistol with the infinity symbol, basically it's like a machinegun with infinite ammo. Those two are good enough that i'm never using the gun in the third slot, since i can't find anything as good as those. Most shotguns can fire only once before reloading, and in fact most guns have such a small ammo clip that you feel like you're spending more time reloading than shooting. But you can also get lucky. I once got a sniper rifle with a bigger ammo clip than most other guns i had found (19 bullets), and it fired fast enough that i could use it as an assault gun.

It's also true that you can't carry much ammo. In fact, i often (at least 3 times now) had to run back to the ammo store to finish a mission objective when it asked me to use a specific gun. I know that you can upgrade storage with eridium, so at least it won't be a problem forever.

Oh and one last thing : there are way too many containers to open. Most of them only have ammo and pocket change, and there are enough types of ammo that you keep finding stuff you don't use anyway. If there was less chests but more in each of them, it would feel much less like a chore, i think.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 03:52:29 pm »

Hmm.. yea, RNG could be a pain with the guns, but yea, I guess that is one of the nice things about it. 
Currently going mahwen(sp?) fire pistol and hyperian shotgun spam myself...  Just hit the first town with friends, don't know when we will get another BL2 session in though.

Regardless both my weapons take a lot of reload time...  and I never want anything more... till I get something that hits harder.

Anyone else use the Assault Rifle?  Whatever I've seen, early game, lacked the oomph I want out of em.  At least compared to the pistol/shotgun I currently favor.
Have not seen any SMG yet.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 04:00:50 pm »

Well my best find so far is my Easy Ravager, at level 14 or so, a blue Torgue shotgun, consumes 4 ammo and has 5 shells in a mag which allows two shots, not terribly accurate (but as a Mechromancer that is never an issue). The thing that makes me use it at level 22 is that it does 100x16 damage.

With some Anarchy nothing can survive a face full of explosive death from this badboy :D

But before that I mostly relied on mediocre pistols since I couldn't really get anything good until that point. So yeah, the RNG is both a blessing and a curse but I find it enjoyable more often than not.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 04:24:17 pm »

Oh, i wanted to add, i found myself a nice shield with burn immunity, and let me tell you, it makes some enemies like pyros completely irrelevant. There are some places/bosses with a lot of fire damage, and this shield gets me through it real easy. I think that you probably want to keep such elemental protection at hand if you find it, even if you have no immediate use for it.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 05:41:34 pm »

Anyone else use the Assault Rifle?  Whatever I've seen, early game, lacked the oomph I want out of em.  At least compared to the pistol/shotgun I currently favor
Bragging time!

I have 2 sniper rifles, an E-tech assault rifle and a pistol. The E-Tech assault rifle shoots laser blasts, and has a scope that, when aimed down, causes the rifle to drain about half the clip in a "shotgun" blast. And it even looks awesome!

Anyway, yeah. There are assault rifles with semi-auto fire, burst fire, full-auto, or whatever suits your play style. If you want really special ones like mine, you've really gotta dig for 'em.
Pages: 1 [2]