Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble requests "item"  (Read 562 times)

Foxy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noble requests "item"
« on: January 07, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »

My tax collector requests "item in dining room". I've tried a statue, a table and a floodgate (!) but none seem to satisfy him. Does anyone have an idea what he's looking for!

thanks

Quitschi1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noble requests "item"
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »

its a bug, experienced it myself, you can just wait until they forget about it

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:10:00 pm »

Yep, Bug # 491

You might want to do something else to cheer him up since he will be annoyed at not having the "item".  I have my master mason make a statues out of native aluminum or platinum nuggets for noble rooms - one of those in his room should give a nice happiness bonus.

You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Foxy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 05:05:00 pm »

thanks - you guys are great.

Quitschi1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 12:46:00 pm »

its just a noble, let him tantrum as much as he wants!

no one will go into jail for this demand

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 09:51:00 pm »

True - others have suggested placing a noble "suite" at the bottom of your dormitory tower, with cathedral ceilinged dining facilities and a well.  Lock all external doors to keep them contained (and curb their kleptomania).  Ignore their demands.  You may have some difficulties convincing the trade liason to meet with your mayor rather than the baron/count - I'm not sure how that would work.

If you are feeling nice, designate a dump area over the dining room and occasionally dump prepared meals for them to eat.  If you aren't then set up cage traps at the exit and let them go insane, then keep them as caged pets.  Or let the Dungeon Master try to "tame" them...

You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 02:42:00 am »

In fact, failing the "item" demand does not even seem to make the noble unhappy. So it's completely ignorable at the moment.

Foxy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 08:09:00 am »

Just had my Duchess request "bed in dining room", but the fussy so-and-so doesn't like the bed I place there. Is this a related bug, perhaps?