Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Found a great font for Dwarf Fortress!  (Read 2690 times)

Vndetta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Found a great font for Dwarf Fortress!
« on: December 16, 2012, 05:26:53 pm »

I saw a few older posts where people searched for alternative TTF fonts to use in Dwarf Fortress but didn't want to necro any of them. I've spent a little time digging around and just found one that so far seems great - it's free, appears (at least to me) a bit larger than the default, isn't forced lower or upper case, and already seems to contain all the in-game quality symbols: MPH 2B Damase .

I haven't done extensive testing with it yet, but wanted to share my find just in case someone could get some use out of it.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Found a great font for Dwarf Fortress!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »

There are actual dwarf fortress fonts out there, I have one installed on my comp right now.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:41:34 am »

Are there?  I kinda like the default, but how does one go about changing teh font?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 02:58:46 pm »

Are there?  I kinda like the default, but how does one go about changing teh font?
For truetype mode you just change the font.ttf file in data/art. If you want to change the non-truetype font then you need to change the picture and then [FONT:put your picture's name here] in the init.txt.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.