Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE - Now with steam group and Guild.  (Read 12584 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE - Now with steam group.
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2013, 09:03:49 pm »

I believe counter's cooldown has raised so you can't just spam it until things die, but you might still be able to with a high enough rank in counter. Multi aggro will put an end to that strategy pretty handily but it'd work on them if you pulled them away from each other. There are more efficient ways of doing things, but it works, certainly. :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 09:15:37 pm »

How resource-intensive is this game? Could you run it on a fairly low-end laptop?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »

It doesn't seem super high end. It looks nice but clearly isn't very heavy on the hardware, it's hard to say exactly where it is, I've got a decent laptop and it's had no issues with it at all, doesn't even make the fan run, so... maybe? Might have to put up with some graphical lag, but I'd imagine it'd run.

EDIT: For reference, if you tried to play mabinogi with B12 a while back, it is lighter then that, and mabi wasn't terribly heavy. So if you didn't have issues with mabinogi you'll be fine with this.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 09:52:16 pm »

I had a few issues with Mabinogi, though it wasn't terrible once I turned the graphics down. I think I'll give this a shot, even though I know next to nothing about the series :P

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2013, 10:19:04 pm »

Don't worry, the plot is tenuously connected with the first SMT game, at best. If you get interested in the setting I can fill you in on the important parts. :P

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 11:42:24 pm »

Sometimes. I hate steam. I really really REALLY hate it. No steam, my account has not been fucking hijacked, I'm using chrome. On the same computer I've been using steam on for over three years. Congratulations, you've more effectively locked me out of my account then this imaginary hijacker could have. What If I no longer even HAVE the credit card I used to purchase the two steam games I own?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013, 01:40:49 am »

Is there something specific you're gettin hung up on? I've never been asked to put in credit card info, besides when buying a game obviously. Website is www.steampowered.com, not just www.steam.com or whatever.

EDIT:Oh, I see. Only thing I could find was here.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-qdfn-4366

Alternately if it's just changed your password without your knowledge or something crazy this might work.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4988-DHXV-7272
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:04:48 am by Seriyu »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2013, 01:45:46 am »

So how long does it take before new characters start developing into whatever classes exist? A brief check on the wiki has made me decide to specialize in magic bullet use (assuming I stick around long enough to get to that point), but I'm still just running around with my hammer and haven't seen any opportunities to get guns yet.

Also, I chose to keep my Pixie Leader. Wanting to rip her wings off sounded pretty horrible, even if it was for medicine  :-\

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2013, 01:51:27 am »

You're probably referring to chain expertise, it occurs when you reach a certain point with your skills. For Magic Bullet, it is... Shot at Class 2-0, Curse Magic at Class 2-0, Gun Knowledge at Class 1-0, Magic Control at Class 1-0. Once you get all of those skills to that point, it'll unlock and you'll get your first class of Magic Bullet, unlocking Squall bullet hole. It's a decent length of time, so just get the hang of what you want your build to be while you're working on it.

There should also be a weapon shop at Home III, it has a sword on the door. I dunno if they sell guns there, and I've just asked a fellow magic bullet here on B12 about where to get guns and maybe general advice so he'll follow up on this while I research a bit on the steam issue that Kaitol's havin. Also because as a melee I really have no idea how guns work.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2013, 01:57:32 am »

You get more money if you give her up though!!!! And a bit of a Chaos boost I think.

Anyway regarding Magic Bullet, I am a magic bullet user and it took kind of a long time for me to get it. Since Magic Bullet requires Gun Knowledge and Magic Control, you'll have to find a Type 38 Infantry rifle from somewhere (Gyukis rarely drop it, and are weak against rifles, so they're a nice place for gunners, otherwise you can buy one from another player but they are usually at super high prices so) to do Hakamada's quest that teaches you Gun Knowledge. Then, the part that really took the most time for me was getting 5 Makanda stones from the miniboss Omoikane in Celu Tower Bronze to learn Magic Control. I swear, he like never drops them, it's always Samandas and Tarundas argahagrahg (you can also buy them from players but again the prices are really damn high we're talking like 25k per stone?? what a ripoff right)

As for starting to use guns in the first place, you can just buy them from Mr. Hakamada at the Home 3 weapon shop, or any weapon shop for that matter. You'll need a gun, and bullets. Bullets L are better because their stacks are bigger (meaning less inventory space for more shooting), but go ahead and buy regular bullets if Bullets L cost more than 1 macca each. I'd recommend getting one of each type of gun (pistols, rifles, and shotguns) because they each do different types of damage (Long-Ranged, Penetrate, and Spread respectively). This is because some enemies have wildly different resistances. For example, the Koppa Tengu is weak against rifles, but resists Long-Ranged and Spread. It'd sure suck if you were caught in a dungeon and all you could inflict on them was scratches.

E: Now when you have equipped the gun and bullets, you can now use two different attacks: Shot and Rapid. (You can't use the old melee attacks like Rush and Spin, but you can still use Guard and Counter. That's important, I'll come back to it) Most gunners choose to specialize in only one of these, but I guess you could do both. If you really wanted. I guess.

Shot first. Shot is where you load a bullet into the gun, and then shoot somebody. It's the more basic gun attack. It's long range, and pretty decent. The main issue is the load time.
Rapid is faster loading than Shot, and the basic skill Trigger Happy allows you to shoot 3 bullets quickly. However, they're weaker and shorter ranged. Keep in mind, even if you choose to specialize in Shot and not Rapid, that doesn't stop you from using the basic Rapid skill. You can use Trigger Happy as a short range kind of quick defense mechanism. For example, if a dude's running at you and there's no time to counter or use a regular shot, then you can use Guard to lower the damage, and then use Trigger Happy to get a few shots at the enemy and knock it away from you while you follow up.

And as far as actual Magic Bullet skills go, there are the 4 element attacks (Force, Electric, Ice, and Fire are the order you get them in I think) and then there are various status effect bullets, like Poison. An important thing to note is, all of these attacks are stronger than the regular shot attack, so if the enemy has normal resistance against both guns and the element you want to use, then it'd be worth using the element shot to do a bit more damage. Also, the status effect bullets use the Magic affinity (it should have been Mystic because now everyone mixes up the Magic element with the Magic stat), which some enemies that resist guns are weak to. So it's worth using the status effect shots even if you don't really need the status effect to be applied.

I think that's it, just ask me if there's anything I didn't talk about here.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:08:29 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2013, 02:01:31 am »

Yeah, but after I kept her and leveled up, she promised to bake me a cake in celebration, which is worth more than any money :D

Okay, so to become a Magic Bullet user I need guns, bullets, a specific type of gun to do a quest, and a number of a certain drop. Sounds complicated!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2013, 02:07:55 am »

Steams locked my account from being changed, including social stuff, because they think its been hijacked. (Fuck knows why) And they want the last four digits of the credit used to purchase from them to confirm its me. Why they couldn't just ask me my secret question and be done with it, I don't know.

Bah. You really need to rethink your security procedures when they are roughly as bad as the thing they're trying to prevent.

Anyway I'm toying around with build ideas. Maybe full spin/attack melee. Maybe a crafter with whatever support I can fit in...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2013, 02:12:39 am »

Might try contacting steam support then and see what they can do about it. They're usually fairly responsive.

I've personally been running a Retaliation+Enhance build, if it matters, I'm likin it.

Also post usernames, I'm about to hop on, and if I can get you on my friend's list we can just chat in party.

EDIT: Also, Sirus, SirAaron edited some info about the differences of shot and rapid into his post so yeah. Also general gunner advice. Just sayin.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:16:30 am by Seriyu »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2013, 02:16:54 am »

I'm using the name Hexham, but I'm not online now.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2013, 02:18:55 am »

Okay, you'll need to be on for me to getcha, I'll just try for you whenever I get on. I love the game, but it has a ton of little issues like that, along with being criminally bad at explaining itself early on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7