Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE - Now with steam group and Guild.  (Read 12585 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

*adds to list of things to do when winter break starts*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Hrm. I've got a... demonic perfume? That the shop's willing to buy for 10k cashies. Should I like... not sell it? Or sell it?

Running as JackThejil at the moment, by the by. Trying it some more, hum.

... a... matador counts as a demon? Isn't that just, like... a person?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:14:01 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Demonic Perfume raises your chance of talking succeeding. I honestly didn't notice a huge difference, but it might be something to hang on to, as every little bit helps, a lot of demons can be pretty stubborn, presumably to encourage combining.

And technically it's a skeleton matador. :D (might be a mistranslation, this game can get a bit engrishey at times.)

I'll getcha added tomorrow, also.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Another update to the builds section, this time concerning melding crafting and combat. So if you're not interested in crafting, you don't need to bother re-reading.

We can also probably make the clan any time now (assuming I haven't forgotten some vital THING), so if anyone has any ideas for a clan name now's the time to chime in! If there's nothing after a few days we'll prolly just use a dwarf fortress name generator.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the name all I can think of is Children of Armok :/

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Depending on title length, I submit "Armokian Revelry" for it is a name with style.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Also noted! Fayalite'll SirAaron will look over the thread for name suggetions later, so keep em comin.

Also of note - If you are going melee combat (or magic, but I'm a little limited in magic weapons right now, I can deck out a normal weapon to give some decent magic boosts, mostly curative, but I can't make a magic weapon, and as such cannot enhance one as of yet), let me know, I'll make ya a nice sword.  It takes some time (Gotta make them until I get one with three mod slots, which is semi rare) but it should serve you pretty well for a while.

EDIT: Just threw an invite at you frumple, name is Bariaus, didn't know if you were afk or didn't know that I'm Bariaus.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:11:38 pm by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

EDIT: There's also an event going on. There's an NPC named Saien at the Shinjuku docks giving out presents for a week. Go getum. You get a new gift every two hours if you visit again. You need items, soul shards are the most common. Annnnd shinjuku docks is in shinjuku, 21,21.

Both a bump, and discussing the crafting system because I like it.

First off, once you get the skill itself, it is immediately useful. Why? Well, one you get an entire class at once, and two, the crafting system is set up to make basically any weapon except maybe knives stronger then most of the equipment in the game, with a decent time investment. To make it excel even among crafted weapons you're subject to the sisphyean weapon improvement situation in every korean MMO. I feel this is at least a tad better then "+4 weapon adds 4 damage, which is NOTHING, go buy a better base weapon" system. Obviously higher base equipment will get even stronger, but.

Here's how it works. When you make a weapon, it is the exact same as any other weapon, except one note. Sometimes they get slots. 1 slot weapons are fairly common, 2 slot are kinda rare, and 3 are very rare. It can go up to five, but good luck with that.

So to make a weapon as strong as possible you need 5 slots. That could, and likely will take ages, but let's say you get one. Now, you start putting stuff in the slots. For instance, for slot one, the first close range boost to a weapon is taurine drink. Litterally like 40 macca at any pharmacy. Pop that sucker in there, pow, you've got an extra close range point. You could also add to your magic ability with a dis-stone, similarly found at pharmacies. If you were making a gun, you could improve long range with a novice incense, found occasionally as a reward from many a dungeon, Support ability improvement, healing powder etc.

Now that 28 base morning star is 29 base. Now, from there, you can either put something in the second slot, or improve the current boost in the first slot, We'll explain the second slot options for now. You could, for instance, blunt damage increase for a morning star, or a slash damage increase for a sword, or a damage type increase for a ranged weapon. If you're a magical type you can add magical damage into it, only curative for the second slot, but we'll get farther in a minute. There's also a repair cost reduction in this slot, which can be nice, maybe really high end weapons get rediculous repair costs.

If you're going to improve the current boost, you'll need to find a garnet. As that is the close range +2 material. Improving basically works it's way up a ladder, with materials getting more and more rare and more and more likely to detonate your fancy weapon on upgrade. There are items that prevent the weapon detonation, and while rare for F2P, they do exist, mostly through demon quests. Yet another reason to befriend demons.

And it continues that way along the slots, slot three has all the standard close range, long range, curative options from the first slot again, but allows you to boost specific magic damage types by a percentage, similar to the melee options in slot two. This is where most "serious but not min-maxxed" weapon slots will stop, so that's a nice place to end it I feel.

In the fourth slot, more percentage damage type boosts.

And in the fifth, percentage damage type boosts and magic type percentage boosts.

It's a neat little system that's a bit less mindless then "press button and hope it doesn't burst, if it breaks, oh well, grab another one and try again", that's present in most other MMOs. I like it!

I'm currently planning a surprise for new melee people involving this system, that'll also prove to be a way to measure activity in the guild. Whenever we manage to get that goin.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:38:45 pm by Seriyu »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE - Event, free items, Saien at Shinjuku Docks.
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2012, 05:34:50 pm »

Reminder about the event, even if you're just turning in soul shards you've got a chance to get a decent comp, +2 to all stats and another stock for fusion attacks. There are also some emotes in that one if you're into that sorta thing.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE - Event, free items, Saien at Shinjuku Docks.
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 05:52:25 pm »

Bumpin because still active. For people that cannot decide on a build we could currently use basically any combat class, we only have four, annnnnd a gunsmith would be nice too. If you'd like help making a build of either of them just post in the thread and I can help you out.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE - Now with steam group.
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 10:16:30 pm »

Mega bump as I've gotten back into this. Made a steam group to make getting people where they need to be easier, and also because steam chat is often just easier then trying to wrangle everyone into a party chat.

Come join us. Well... me. Come join me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:29:27 pm by Seriyu »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 04:02:09 pm »

Oh shiiii I used to play this ages ago. New management huh. Is grinding cash at low levels still basically run between glowing spheres keeping only the most valuable types of trash to sell?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 05:50:14 pm »

No, now it involves getting gems from dungeons and selling them to players.

It's kind've a lateral upgrade but at least you get to kill shit now. The economy is not in good shape. On the upside the mods on the forums have taken note and hopefully after ikebekuro (which is incredibly buggy and just came out) gets sorted out they said they'll be getting on it then.

So ideally there will be an improvement soon.

EDIT: Don't forget to get into the steam group chat if you get on and aren't on my friends list, it makes it much easier to wrangle you into the guild later if I have you on there, and I tend to idle in the steam group chat. If you don't have steam/a steam game that isn't free, just gimme your username in the thread and I'll try to get you in.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:53:29 pm by Seriyu »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 08:58:23 pm »

Hmm. Might clear some space on my computer and try it again. Are the counter skills still so hilariously broken that you can just counter enemies to death you couldn't normally even damage?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7