Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89181 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Four (8/13) - Droning on
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2013, 11:21:57 pm »

Extend.

I'm doing my read.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2013, 11:26:05 pm »

This game doesn't normally have extensions but I'll make an exception for late-day replacements.  Deadline extended 24 hours.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2013, 11:41:21 pm »

Thanks, appreciated.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 23, 2013, 12:24:50 am »

NotQuiteThere: How long have you been playing mafia, and how many times have you played scum?  Do you usually win as scum?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 23, 2013, 01:14:38 am »

Good morning, Tiruin.  Are you ready to die?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 23, 2013, 01:31:39 am »

Good morning, Tiruin.  Are you ready to die?
Morning to you too Vector. Yes I am. What's up?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 23, 2013, 01:47:28 am »

Not much--scunting hum.

You know, there's a funny thing about being scum.  There's two classes that most scum players fall into: naive scum, and deconstructionist scum.  Naive scum is easy to lead around by the nose, because naive scum is untrained and stupid.  Naive scum jumps.

And deconstructionist scum does exactly the opposite of naive scum.  Deconstructionist scum is never nervous, never worried.  It never OMGUSes, even when someone does something suspicious.  It's inert.  It faffs around.  Its fear translates to a lack of direction, as it remembers the long, long list of things that Town Mustn't Do.  It votes lurkers.  It votes people who need replacements.  It spews stupid, empty questions and it crumples into mush when prodded.  Its lists of scummy players tend to be mostly green, its few suspicions vague.

Town, on the other hand, worries a lot.  Town worries about things like getting lynched and wasting the day, and about things like getting a replacement called in from one of the most talented scum players to ever visit this forum.  It's just that town understands that there's a simple way to get out of that fear, and it presses through it.  It moves forwards.  It attacks and questions.

So here's what I want to know:

You thought Obolisk was scum when Obolisk wasn't here to talk.  Then you bandwagoned--to a triple-tie!--when you found the vote was unpopular.  Now I'm here, and you're cold as ice when I vote you without reason.

Why didn't you want Obolisk to be replaced, and why aren't you more afraid?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 23, 2013, 02:21:17 am »

More than half an hour... ?  I hope your answer is worth the wait.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 23, 2013, 02:44:12 am »

Why didn't you want Obolisk to be replaced, and why aren't you more afraid?
I see a misunderstanding with what you see as my preferences. (Also, more afraid? Err...of you? O_o I'm not more afraid because activity is coming back into the game, I guess.)

Vector has replaced obolisk0430.
Aw come on.
By this, I was going after the Vector > Toaster point. You've replaced obolisk, but before that you stated you were replacing Toaster. Now, as far as stating replacements go, I was thinking that the GM has already told you who you'd be replacing before any posts get into the game.

It was more of an expression than anything else.

You thought Obolisk was scum when Obolisk wasn't here to talk.  Then you bandwagoned--to a triple-tie!--when you found the vote was unpopular.  Now I'm here, and you're cold as ice when I vote you without reason.
I see you're poking at how I answered. Nah, not cold as ice with your vote, just curious at your reasoning behind it. If you meant by how I was so comfortable with death - I am - hence the reason I named the masons.

And no, obolisk was able to talk when I thought him as scum. Problem was, the conversation was broken and then it came into inactivity.

Bandwagon - I think not. My vote on NQT was mostly due to confusion and confusion based on how he was trying to persuade on a topic or viewpoint, specifically how he views the 100% mislynch part though up until the unvote, it was wavering.

Though, I believe you're poking assertively there in your first post. Why so?

Also, scunting hum?

PPE: I'm currently busy working on multiple school projects >.> Finals is argh. Especially in a medical course. Sorry for the wait.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 23, 2013, 02:48:21 am »

Yeah, I'm scunt-humming.

I want to know why you're voting Dariush right now, and why you aren't afraid of death.  You've made it clear that you aren't worried about dying, sure, but you haven't explained why this doesn't worry you.  Please explain--at your leisure, though I'd appreciate some hurry, seeing as we're pushing the deadline.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 23, 2013, 02:58:08 am »

I want to know why you're voting Dariush right now, and why you aren't afraid of death.  You've made it clear that you aren't worried about dying, sure, but you haven't explained why this doesn't worry you.  Please explain--at your leisure, though I'd appreciate some hurry, seeing as we're pushing the deadline.
Well, voting Dariush, I saw his post as strange. Almost against his own words, contradictory in the least. He stated NQT was a flailing newbie town, which I can somewhat agree given how NQT dissects his cases but then shifts his vote from DS to NQT based on...

100% mislynch record
It would be pretty weird if I had anything but in a game where no scum have been lynched so far. Don't you agree, NQT?
I can see how you might have misinterpreted that line. What I meant is that at the end of every day, your vote has gone on the main lynch target and every time that person has been innocent. This is true for Tiruin as well. Everyone else's final vote of the day has been for other people that didn't get lynched on at least one of the days. Now, I'm not accusing you outright, because you'd have to be a pretty dumb scum to be that obvious.
NQT's reply is given there, but other than re-address the matter, Dariush vanished from the radar and didn't press it.

He didn't press it at all but chose to go at me when I voted him. Another factor which struck me as weird (a meta one though I'd just mention it) was that Dariush usually uses expletives in trying to assert pressure. He didn't do that against NQT, much.

Now, things on why dying doesn't worry me. One is, my death marks the others I've associated with as town - mason or not, those are the people I mostly believe as Town-ish.

Also I notice you've outlined several variables. Specifically the attitudes of players in a category of playstyle. Why'd you do such?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 23, 2013, 03:15:24 am »

Hmm... well, let's not have an ambiguous lynch today.  Dariush, I find your lurky-lurk throughout D2 strange and hypocritical.  Wishy-washy, too?  My, that's not the Dariusz I know.  Wake up and smell those cypress trees, darlin'.  You seem to be lacking in bellicose conviction.

Tiruin, I'm poking notquitethere in my first post because he's been spewing scumtells since the beginning of the game.  As for my outline--what do you think?  Why do you ask?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 23, 2013, 03:20:12 am »

As for my outline--what do you think?  Why do you ask?
Well, most of my case on obolisk was based on his replies - you're a whole different obolisk ( :P just saying ), but the statements you said there could very well be some sort of subtle labeling justified in the matter that you're trying to follow the town portion.

I do like it however, though what are your general reads on everyone?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 23, 2013, 03:24:45 am »

My guess for the scumteam is Dariush and notquitethere.  I'm pretty sure on Toaster and Hapah being town-aligned, and right now I'm learning all about you.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Vector
NotQuiteThere: How long have you been playing mafia, and how many times have you played scum? Do you usually win as scum?
Sorry to say I've only completed a BM, where I was the cop and killed on the first night. I've only been playing Mafia a couple of months.

I can see why you'd vote Dariush. On votes alone he has a fairly scummy read: enough people have voted for him to make mason seem unlikely, and he's consistently urged lynches on people later proven to be mason or town (this latter point is true of Tiruin as well). This is enough to look suspicious, but shucks, he could be town with bad luck chosing targets. So give me another good reason why we should lynch him.

(As for us being scumbuddies, that's ridiculous: everyone knows Deathsword is my scumbuddy.)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40