Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89272 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Howdy, Vector here to save the day.

I'm going to replace in for Toaster, but I want to be clear of two things:

a. I will not be able to read through the game until Friday night, at which point I will kick this shit up a notch
b. I am a math major in my final semester and I work very hard.  I am not going to sit here and post all day, but I will post every day, and it will be good quality stuff.  The meta established for me two years ago came through while I was severely mentally ill.  Please do not expect me to play the exact same way, because I am really tired of arguing that shit every time I come back.

That said, let's have a good time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Howdy, Vector here to save the day.

I'm going to replace in for Toaster, but I want to be clear of two things:

a. I will not be able to read through the game until Friday night, at which point I will kick this shit up a notch
b. I am a math major in my final semester and I work very hard.  I am not going to sit here and post all day, but I will post every day, and it will be good quality stuff.  The meta established for me two years ago came through while I was severely mentally ill.  Please do not expect me to play the exact same way, because I am really tired of arguing that shit every time I come back.

That said, let's have a good time.
Spoiler: Warning: :D Ahead. (click to show/hide)
Welcome back Vector, nice to see you again!

Tiruin: You do know you've tied the vote right?
Argh. I did unvote on NQT though and...riight. Dariush it is then.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

So now you went ahead and made it a three-way tie, after a vote on me for no reason other than some convoluted not-really-an-explanation about being 'linked' with Toaster. Combined with jumping off NQT vote right when it looked like he might be lynched, and you swiftly jump to the top of the scum-o-meter. Now if NQT flips scum, there really won't be any doubt that you're his ally.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So now you went ahead and made it a three-way tie, after a vote on me for no reason other than some convoluted not-really-an-explanation about being 'linked' with Toaster. Combined with jumping off NQT vote right when it looked like he might be lynched, and you swiftly jump to the top of the scum-o-meter. Now if NQT flips scum, there really won't be any doubt that you're his ally.
I've already explained why I believe NQT is town, and I notice you said something about being linked with Toaster.

Where did I say anything about that link?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dariush - I'm pretty unsure, but I believe he's linked with Toaster as the last two remaining scumbuddies judging by how the interactions of their votes have linked up.
So yes, of course now I'm going to believe that you just conveniently forgot the only reasons you gave for voting me, which conveniently makes it a three-way tie, thus allowing you and your scumbuddy NQT to hammer whomever you want. Sure.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dariush - I'm pretty unsure, but I believe he's linked with Toaster as the last two remaining scumbuddies judging by how the interactions of their votes have linked up.
So yes, of course now I'm going to believe that you just conveniently forgot the only reasons you gave for voting me, which conveniently makes it a three-way tie, thus allowing you and your scumbuddy NQT to hammer whomever you want. Sure.
That was an assumption. Not a fact or me being narrow in my view on you.

Now here I am seeing your reaction. You're being all jumpy around, or snarkastic.

But seeing your vote and how you used it before hitting NQT:
100% mislynch record
It would be pretty weird if I had anything but in a game where no scum have been lynched so far. Don't you agree, NQT?

PPE'd by Toaster.
[You voted DS here with pretty much better reasons that I can infer from you countering NQT's argument with...his own thinking. Without backing it up.]

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Vector has replaced obolisk0430.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Four (8/13) - Droning on
« Reply #487 on: February 22, 2013, 08:09:53 am »

Welcome to the game, Vector. When you've caught up it'd be great to see your view on the current state of play.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vector has replaced obolisk0430.
Aw come on.

Well, at least that sets this at an all activity game :D

...Toaster: I notice your post has been on NQT from your request since here
along with Toaster, neither of you have voted yet.

Okay, let me fix that.

Notquitethere.
Is this connected to your earlier posts regarding NQT or just for voting purposes?
Answered by
PFP

Tiruin:  Yes, it's based on his post where he first tried to draw up his baseless "you voted town so you are scum" attack.  It's never been valid and isn't valid here.

I didn't vote him at first because I wanted to see if he'd back off it or dig himself deeper.
So if you've the time to answer, I believe he's been giving his statement (and do agree with you there) but also left enough space to consider other's arguments. He didn't state it like it was a law or a rule, though.

NQT: What do you have to say for that?

PPE: NQT. Darn that rhymes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Dariush, tell me, why do you state that someone is scum, vote them, and then shift your vote to the first person to attack you (NQT in this case)?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 22, 2013, 01:33:23 pm »

pfp I thougjt Vector replaced toaster. does toaster still meed a replace?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Vector! I missed you!

Dariush, tell me, why do you state that someone is scum, vote them, and then shift your vote to the first person to attack you (NQT in this case)?
I've explained it already. His '100% mislynch record' argument, combined with the fact that among him and you at least one is guaranteed scum was sufficient grounds for a vote.

Your 11th hour vote change for a reason that happened like a week ago is noted.

...what rhymes with what?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Vector! I missed you!

I've explained it already. His '100% mislynch record' argument, combined with the fact that among him and you at least one is guaranteed scum was sufficient grounds for a vote.
But you had a good case on DS, and about his argument, sure it may be fallible and it may be him touting it as a defense, but you stated this:
While I am definitely suspicious of NQT, with every passing post he begins to press less on my 'scum' and more on my 'town newbie who is trying really hard and kinda failing' sensors. DS, on the other hand, has been doing a whole load of nothing ever since... uh, I don't know. I go back and back through the thread looking at his posts and find answering questions, weakly pushing NQT and speculation and nothing more.
So...his only post between that (refer to quote linked above) was this, and you seem to be agitated thoroughly by that.

Your reply? It could've been to rebuke him. To right what he said about you and your 100% mislynch record, to state verbatim. His 100% mislynch theory is but a theory anyway - he didn't have any conclusive evidence behind it (I mean, yeah. For example: I've got a 100% mislynch record, as does everyone else - did you poke on the illogical consequences of mentioning such?)

100% mislynch record
It would be pretty weird if I had anything but in a game where no scum have been lynched so far. Don't you agree, NQT?

PPE'd by Toaster.
No. You didn't explain what was behind your vote or why NQT deserves it. You could've done such to the newbie, why aren't you reasoning with him? Or at least straightening it out.

...what rhymes with what?
The acronym lettering

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 22, 2013, 10:53:50 pm »

Deadline is in about 9 hours.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130223T13&p0=136&msg=Day+4+deadline

Votecount will follow shortly.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votecount (5 votes to lynch):
Dariush: zombie urist, Tiruin, Deathsword (3) <-- L-2
Tiruin:
Hapah:
Deathsword:
notquitethere: Toaster, Dariush (2)
zombie urist:
Toaster: notquitethere, Hapah (2)
obolisk0430 Vector:
Not voting: obolisk0430 Vector (1)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40