Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89196 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

It's not intended as a bandwagon, Dariush, it's a pressure vote. If I'm not satisfied that Toaster is scum I will unvote like I did with TZZ. The vote record method is not bullshit and it's beginning to show results. I argued that Ford and TZZ were most likely not scum with reference to voting patterns and to everyone's surprise but my own they weren't scum. By its metric, you're pretty damn suspicious Dariush, having a 100% mislynch record. You've either got bad luck, bad judgement or you're scum.
(Not to speculate into scum hands, but that said, if Tiruin is half-lying then your consistent block-voting with him could indicate that you're both masons.)

Thanks for the link, Hapah, trawling through 35 or so pages to find an argument can be a bit of hassle. I can see why you'd want to move away from the meta-discussion, so is your suspicion now mostly based on the fact Toaster didn't try to clear up "misconceptions or draw any new conclusions"?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I am apparently completely incapable of keeping up with this game.  I apologize, but it'll be better if I just Request Replacement.

For the time, though, I still say NQT is scum for the same reasons.

By its metric, you're pretty damn suspicious Dariush, having a 100% mislynch record. You've either got bad luck, bad judgement or you're scum.

PS here he is doing it again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

100% mislynch record
It would be pretty weird if I had anything but in a game where no scum have been lynched so far. Don't you agree, NQT?

PPE'd by Toaster.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

100% mislynch record
It would be pretty weird if I had anything but in a game where no scum have been lynched so far. Don't you agree, NQT?
I can see how you might have misinterpreted that line. What I meant is that at the end of every day, your vote has gone on the main lynch target and every time that person has been innocent. This is true for Tiruin as well. Everyone else's final vote of the day has been for other people that didn't get lynched on at least one of the days. Now, I'm not accusing you outright, because you'd have to be a pretty dumb scum to be that obvious.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

NOOOOOOOOO

Also I have two midterms next week.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Hmm... you're doing exams which means you're studying. Or you want us to think you're studying. And if you want us to think you're studying then you want us to think highly of your intellect. A member of the scum team would want us to think lower of their intellect, and so claiming to be a student looks pro-town. But if you were scum then you would know that this looks pro-town and so claiming that you have midterms is a scum move. Furthermore, the term 'midterm' is an American term and Americans are not known for their dizzying intellect, and only scum would pretend to be stupider than they actually are. I'm on to you ZU: the battle of wits has begun!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

the term 'midterm' is an American term and Americans are not known for their dizzying intellect
>.>
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

the term 'midterm' is an American term and Americans are not known for their dizzying intellect
>.>
Stereotypes are bad because they make dead players post when they shouldn't.

ZU: What do you hope to gain by ask people how their teammates read to them?

Dariush: How could I be in a position to hammer Ford, as you mention in a previous post, if I was voting him for most of the game?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Hope this games not dead.

I hope to find out if you really are teammates.

Also votecount?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I think if this game mode is tried again, shorter days might be in order. Is there anyone's questions I have missed?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Hope this games not dead.

I hope to find out if you really are teammates.

Also votecount?
It's not dead, but it will be hard to keep any real level of interest. No chat, no powers, long days...definitely look to shorten the days in any future iterations.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I set the deadlines to a week after observing a lot of games end up with days of around a week after extensions, but I take the point.
Deadline:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130223T13&p0=136&msg=Day+4+deadline

With 8 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Votecount (5 votes to lynch):
Dariush: zombie urist (1)
Tiruin:
Hapah:
Deathsword:
notquitethere: Tiruin, Toaster, Dariush (3)
zombie urist:
Toaster: notquitethere, Hapah (2)
obolisk0430:
Not voting: obolisk0430, Deathsword (2)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

PFP

I unvoted for NQT
Unvote
in that big post there.

Currently strained for time and my reads are still going to be posted soon here (sorry >.>), we have 2 days.

Tiruin - I don't know what game he's playing. If he's mason and completely telling the truth then we're doomed. Vote record suggests scum.
Toaster - Vote record leans scum, crypto-lurks with short posts.
Dariush - Vote record leans scum (or taking into account voting blocks, mason), post record show angry strong scum hunting tendencies.
ZU - Vote record suggests town. Legacy arguments from Ford might be worth considering as he was convinced ZU was scum.
Hapah - active playing but standoffish in votes or applying pressure. Essentially a null read, leaning mason.
Obo - Lurker up for replacement. Voted consistently for DS, initially with good reason then later out of laziness. Could be anything.
DS - used to think was scum due to his irrational witch hunt on Ford. Could be mason, if Tiruin is telling the truth.

So, for the third time, can you give me your reads please?
Dariush - I'm pretty unsure, but I believe he's linked with Toaster as the last two remaining scumbuddies judging by how the interactions of their votes have linked up. Sure, NQT may seem like scum for basing all his shtuff on philosophical nature, but I'm not reading much on the philosopher at the moment (also if NQT is scum then that's one darn way of persuading me >.>). Still, mostly a gut feeling.
Tiruin - This is me. I see myself as a mason. Woohoo, masonry!
Phantom of The Library > Hapah - pretty unsure. Judging by PoTL's posts, I see much townieness in the man. Hapah has always (honestly) been my rolemodel in playing Mafia ever since he kicked my scummy face in diplomacized the game with his debut entry. I seriously can't see much of him being scum due to how he words his statements - following the correct rules of conversation and being astute, probably even political in his advances. Leans muchly on town for me here.
notquitethere - null read. Leaning town. I'm confused on whether he is town or not due to his philosophical attitude. While it doesn't scream 'WIFOM' or scum to me, it seems he's trying to explain other's statements in a holistic manner in order to...err, do his own kind of scumhunting. Lacks the pressure on his votes though as I see little assertion with it (not saying assertion = scummy, but lacking pressure is what I'm pointing at.)
zombie urist - I've seen him to state opinions muchly, needing a prod or two in order to ask him why he said so or the reason behind his statements so I'm reading mostly of a null-town sort. He has certain conclusive points which say that he's sincere in his scumhunting, not aiming to subtly trip others up and using their words against them.

obolisk0430 - Before his...2 week disappearance (Yeah...>_<), he reads scum to me due to the wording of his posts, the essence behind his votes and his reasoning in judgement. That one post where he used expletives in trying to hurry me up didn't help, but I stand by my idea here. If there isn't any replacement, my vote goes to him (for the time being, of course :/)

Yes I've labelled them to the stereotypical colors for those who want a tl;dr. Yes there is a chocolate color - this means scummy.

Deathsword - mason bro. If you want a general read, I'd say townish. While he's still performing minor mistakes that would be alluded to a mafioso, he's scumhunting in a way I could relate to (when being town, question and question - don't discard the seemingly obvious and all)
Toaster - ^. But I'd generally say scum-ish from a neutral viewpoint. Posts are short and sometimes pointed in a way that it's relaxed or uncaring of the consequence. Though his last sentence says what I can infer on why his attitude has been lackluster, I'm not seeing much else which leads to Null-veryslightlyscum.

PPE: Just realized he's up for replacement :/ Added to the last sentence

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Wow, this is one nearly dead game.

Dariush: How could I be in a position to hammer Ford, as you mention in a previous post, if I was voting him for most of the game?
Scumhammer in case of the tie.

Tiruin, so why are you voting for obolisk even after the grand realisation?

...Not really anything else to say here. Can we get a shorten or something?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Tiruin: You do know you've tied the vote right?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40