Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89202 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Three (9/13) - No escape
« Reply #420 on: February 14, 2013, 08:35:09 am »

You know, I'd just like to say tentative replacement but I'm still playing, as of the moment due to...the game speed, and that I've got time (but only just enough).

-snip-

Hey, Mr. TZZ. Since you're vocal about your posts, including pictures to forward your points, what are your reads on everyone? Also, what are you doing to forward your wincondition?

Masons: Me, Hapah, DS, TolyK.

Now that'll get things ready. Even if we all die, its a 4v2. No scumkills.

ZU: What is your read on TZZ?

If there are any questions I've missed, hit me with them.

*I include Tiruin because, although he withdrew his vote, if he was scum he'd have good reason to suppose Ford was doomed by that point any way.
I include Tiruin because, although he withdrew his vote, if he was scum he'd have good reason to suppose Ford was doomed by that point any way.

So the FoS, and not a vote? On your analysis, how are you able to specify and direct a plausible case on one of those persons? What did you glean by the vote analysis there?

Also, I withdrew my vote because I was very busy at the time - also read part of Ford's statements, the vote was primarily built on his joke as a mason - subtle me poking at it.

Now that the game's cracked, let's get the activity flowing and make Leafsnail happy, aye?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 14, 2013, 08:35:59 am »

EBWOP:

I meant...err, I'm probably going to ask for a replacement, but not in the near future anytime in the next month or two.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 14, 2013, 11:54:51 am »

Tiruin: I think you failed to account for the possilbility of two town being lynched once the scum off us. But now it's out isn't it? If anyone has any questions for us masons, you better say them before we get scumkilled.

Also, are you saying that you can keep playing until you are replaced or that you may have to ask for replacement in the near future?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 14, 2013, 12:07:31 pm »

Tiruin: I think you failed to account for the possilbility of two town being lynched once the scum off us. But now it's out isn't it? If anyone has any questions for us masons, you better say them before we get scumkilled.
What does this mean?

@Tiruin: He's probably a starcraft player.  ::)
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 14, 2013, 12:15:19 pm »

probably a starcraft player.  ::)
Nope.

You know, I'd just like to say tentative replacement but I'm still playing, as of the moment due to...the game speed, and that I've got time (but only just enough).

-snip-

Hey, Mr. TZZ. Since you're vocal about your posts, including pictures to forward your points, what are your reads on everyone? Also, what are you doing to forward your wincondition?

Vocal?Thats a weird way to put it.

Now that the word is out and all theres really nothing to suspect.
Tiruin why have you revealed the masons;are you actually serious or just trying to do something.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 14, 2013, 12:22:00 pm »

-snip-

Vocal?Thats a weird way to put it.

Now that the word is out and all theres really nothing to suspect.
Tiruin why have you revealed the masons;are you actually serious or just trying to do something.
Yeah, see, this is how things work.

I ask you something, you respond in accordance - preferably in an answer to the question. As to yours, I'm obviously serious, and I'm obviously doing something. Why are you so vague?

Why is there really nothing to 'suspect', huh? Don't tell me that you've been doing...nothing important these past days. Fathom a read back, monsieur?

Also, are you saying that you can keep playing until you are replaced or that you may have to ask for replacement in the near future?
@First statement: That will take...Forever. Two. Whole Weeks. Also, in that time, there would be at least some activity going on.

@Second: Its probable, but I see myself in a secure enough position to play. Meaning: I'm back. :)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 14, 2013, 12:40:51 pm »

Thats an interesting claim. How do i know you arent covering for ds? pfp
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 14, 2013, 12:44:46 pm »

What does this mean?
It means that even with 4v2 the town can still lose by lynching the wrong people. And the "once the scumm off us" is that the scum may attempt to kill the three living masons (which includes myself) before any lynch happens.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 14, 2013, 12:52:40 pm »

That was a quick comeback.

Man,I thought we were going to need even more replacements.

Looking at it now,I know my position in the game and now that the "masons" are revealed there aren't many other choices.
We are 9 now I think.I know my position in this so we take 1 off.I also know these 3 masons that would make 5 people left as suspects.
Not quite there managed to call 2 masons as suspects which is weird.
Overall everybody seems pissy.Obolisk may be mafia but I won't accuse.
Dariush seems to be getting more mad  by the lynch.He seemed angry because of the townie lynch.Anybody else notice that?

2 weeks.Sheesh!
I don't remember mafia being this slow and dull.Mainly because nobody does anything but vote,unvote,vote again and then maybe unvote again or just wait it out.The lack of the night-time may be also be causing this.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 14, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »

Unvote

Toaster
I feel like I had valid cases against them and that my actions were justified.  How about you?  You were voting TolyK D1 right alongside me.
That's right, I voted Tolyk: but, it should be stressed, I didn't anticipate that my vote (or yours for that matter) would specifically get TolyK lynched. It was more that you voted for two innocents in succession that raised my attention. We can both agree that TolyK looked a bit sketchy at the time. Ford though, for reasons I've gone over a bunch of times, Ford was so much more likely to be Town than anything else. I think some of you voted him just because other people had voted him and an aura of guilt had arisen through association.

That's all done now. Let's talk about newer revelations. What do you think about Tiruin's purported mason claims?

Hapah
NQT: Toaster has a point, you both did more or less policy lynch Tolyk D1. D2 is a different beast, though. And I'd watch reading too much into the D1 votes: since both parties that were on the chopping block ended up being town, scum really could have placed their vote anywhere D1.
Yeah, you've got a good point. Hence why I specifically argued after D1 that there wasn't much that could be read at the time. However, the combination of D1 and D2 votes is telling, I think. Sure, scum could have voted wherever on either day. But, if we accept that it's plausible that scum had an incentive to bandwagon both days, then from the shortlist of people that lynched on both days, we've got a list of people that are more likely to be scum than other players.

But if you think that we should only be looking at D2, then the only player I omitted was the slightly suspect ZoomZoll.

Question: do you think Tiruin's revelation will help the town team. Is he telling the truth? (If you think telling me whether Tiruin's telling the truth will damage team town, then feel free to ignore this question.)

Dariush
~Vote analysis and sass~
Quote from: Dariush
This is unbelievably stupid. Not only because you completely disregard the possibility that your scumbuddy obolisk scum may be lurking their asses off (which is, oh, the only reason lurkers are lynched) or the fact that you hold to the widely disproven theory that scum must necessarily be behind each and every town lynch there is and behind 90% of scum lynches, but also because you quite niftily strike yourself from the 'common denominator' list despite fitting there exactly as much as four people you've FoSed for no reason whatsoever.

An admirable effort to imitate activity, but mass-FoSing isn't exactly as useful neither to town nor to scum as you imagine it to be.
Oh Dariush! You wound me so! Naturally, you're not going to like my sharp analysis when it finds you in the crosshairs! Of course scum could be lurkers and of course scum probably aren't behind every lynch. I was merely arguing that this is the best damn lead we've got. My 'mass-FOSing' is merely drawing up a short-list of potential scum. How is that not helpful to town? Pointing fingers at random will lose us this game.

Here's a question: do you think Tiruin's revelation is good for team town? Best case, they are masons and scum won't lynch (afraid it's a ruse) and town won't lynch (afraid it's true). Worst case, the opposite. What are your thoughts?

Tiruin
This is a suicidal bold move. How do you think this helps team town?

So the FoS, and not a vote? On your analysis, how are you able to specify and direct a plausible case on one of those persons? What did you glean by the vote analysis there?
Well, I can't vote everyone. My vote analysis gives us a shortlist of potential targets. That's all. We've still got to go further and press a case against suspicious individuals. (Which I've been doing.)

Let's say we take your revelation at face value, then the remaining suspects are Dariush and Toaster. They could be the scum team. ZZ could still yet be scum: he bandwagonned Ford and it's hard to get a read on his role's early play because Edos' activity dropped off the map.

ZoomZoll
Not that strange. First, we don't know if Tiruin's claim is legit. Assuming it is, we'd expect masons to block vote, so it comes as no surprise to me. At least half the suspects in my list have to be non-scum so this should be expected.

Dariush seems to be getting more mad  by the lynch. He seemed angry because of the townie lynch.Anybody else notice that?
Mounting evidence suggests Dariush is always mad. It's his default register.

As to my suspicions: Toaster has responded reasonably. Dariush has responded Dariushly. You, though, you jumped on Ford and have been deliberately antagonistic. Is that scum behaviour?

Obo
Are you alive?

ZU
I'm not going to lie, I'm reading you as pretty town right now based on the voting patterns. But Ford was adamant you were scum. I'd like to see a more substantial response from you about the current game state.

DS
Who do you suspect most? Still ZZ? What about the putative case I've laid against Toaster and Dariush?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 14, 2013, 09:58:20 pm »

ZZ and Hapah, I notice that, along with Toaster, neither of you have voted yet. As you both joined the game mid-way you might not have realised that all votes are re-set after a lynch. So if you thought you were voting for someone, this is a friendly reminder that you aren't. Remember, if we don't lynch scum, scum win. (Toaster, this crypto-lurking isn't making you look any less scummy.)

Mod, can we have an official vote count/deadline please.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 14, 2013, 11:00:09 pm »

Toaster
I feel like I had valid cases against them and that my actions were justified.  How about you?  You were voting TolyK D1 right alongside me.
That's right, I voted Tolyk: but, it should be stressed, I didn't anticipate that my vote (or yours for that matter) would specifically get TolyK lynched. It was more that you voted for two innocents in succession that raised my attention. We can both agree that TolyK looked a bit sketchy at the time. Ford though, for reasons I've gone over a bunch of times, Ford was so much more likely to be Town than anything else. I think some of you voted him just because other people had voted him and an aura of guilt had arisen through association.

That's all done now. Let's talk about newer revelations. What do you think about Tiruin's purported mason claims?

No, it isn't done.

I think some of you voted him just because other people had voted him and an aura of guilt had arisen through association.

Don't faff about.  Are you accusing me or not?  Putting out these vague attacks is scummy, especially given your initial accusation ("You voted for town twice!") is complete bullshit.

along with Toaster, neither of you have voted yet.

Okay, let me fix that.

Notquitethere.

As far as Tiruin's claim, I'm going to sit and wait on that one.  I think I get the point behind it, but I want to see what shakes out from his claim before I comment further.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Two (10/13) - An accident
« Reply #432 on: February 14, 2013, 11:30:53 pm »

Deadline is as follows:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=136&iso=20130216T013032&year=2013&month=2&day=16&hour=1&min=30&sec=32&msg=Day%203%20deadline&csz=1

Note that I'll be using the post time recorded by the forum rather than this one, but this should be accurate to like within a minute.

Votecount (5 votes to lynch):
Dariush: notquitethere (1)
Tiruin:
Hapah:
TheZoomZoll: zombie urist, Tiruin (2)
Deathsword: obolisk0430 (1)
notquitethere: Toaster (1)
zombie urist:
Toaster:
obolisk0430: Dariush (1)

Not voting: obolisk0430, Hapah, TheZoomZoll (3)

Seeking replacement for obolisk0430.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 14, 2013, 11:32:09 pm »

Wait, I thought day ended Friday? It was Friday last week.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 14, 2013, 11:39:16 pm »

That was a quick comeback.

Man,I thought we were going to need even more replacements.

Looking at it now,I know my position in the game and now that the "masons" are revealed there aren't many other choices.
We are 9 now I think.I know my position in this so we take 1 off.I also know these 3 masons that would make 5 people left as suspects.
Overall everybody seems pissy.Obolisk may be mafia but I won't accuse.
Dariush seems to be getting more mad  by the lynch.He seemed angry because of the townie lynch.Anybody else notice that?

2 weeks.Sheesh!
I don't remember mafia being this slow and dull.Mainly because nobody does anything but vote,unvote,vote again and then maybe unvote again or just wait it out.The lack of the night-time may be also be causing this.
Oh yes. Evade my questions more, will you?

I say again. Why are you holding back in every possible statement you have? Afraid to use your vote?

Why did you take my claim in full, without any doubt? Also, "I know my position in the game"? What is that supposed to mean?

At least be precise in your answers since I'm under the assumption that you're reasonable or are committing the newbie card tell, which...is now an irrelevant idea.

Please answer the questions I asked you along with an explanation on why. Thanks. It would help this game not be slow and dull because you'd be helping.

Tiruin
This is a suicidal bold move. How do you think this helps team town?

Well, I can't vote everyone. My vote analysis gives us a shortlist of potential targets. That's all. We've still got to go further and press a case against suspicious individuals. (Which I've been doing.)

Let's say we take your revelation at face value, then the remaining suspects are Dariush and Toaster. They could be the scum team. ZZ could still yet be scum: he bandwagonned Ford and it's hard to get a read on his role's early play because Edos' activity dropped off the map.
Expound on the orange.

Why do you think its suicidal? Or bold? It all comes down to either you believe me or not. I see it as a town aid because, nobody else knows whether I said the whole truth, the partial truth, or nothing of the truth - scum have to shoot to find out, and I am in no way voting for the people mentioned.

WIFOM > Scum.

PPE: Leafsnail

ffffff- can't continue post due to day end. Thanks for the quick edit.

Anyway,
It seems poking at the replacee seems better than reading over Edos now.

Also, ZZ's reasons are...pretty much confusing as it is. Like I said, I'm unsure on his stand whether he's trolling or not: see him evade my questions. If my revelation has your face valued, then why are you still suspecting Toaster?

ZU
Thats an interesting claim. How do i know you arent covering for ds? pfp
Err, Toaster - the guy who isn't under suspicion. His response would either nail us down and uncover us if I lied, or...something else that doesn't go along the lines of such.

DS
What does this mean?
It means that even with 4v2 the town can still lose by lynching the wrong people. And the "once the scumm off us" is that the scum may attempt to kill the three living masons (which includes myself) before any lynch happens.
Yeah, unless people miss out on the past posts stated by those I didn't mention, then that would be...pretty much inconceivable. Even if we all get shot, there's MYLO = 4/2 , then LYLO = 3/2 wherein scum should play a really tense game to win there.

Wait, I thought day ended Friday? It was Friday last week.
O_o

Its...err, a whole week. I'm sure Leafsnail wouldn't have slipped up...in a week. Also, what are your reads on everyone at the moment?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40