Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 86928 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Four (7/13) - One replacement required
« Reply #555 on: February 26, 2013, 06:41:03 pm »

I *believe* the vote is tied NQT (2) and Toaster (2).

Thus I'll vote for NQT as I think his lynch will give us more information.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Votecount (4 votes to lynch):
Tiruin:
Hapah:
Deathsword:
notquitethere: Vector, Toaster, zombie urist (3) <--- L-1
zombie urist:
Toaster: notquitethere, Hapah (2)
Vector:
Not voting:  Tiruin, Deathsword (2)

Deadline is March 2nd, 08:57:41 pm GMT.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130302T205741&p0=136&msg=Day+4+deadline

(forum time will be used rather than this countdown, but the countdown is accurate to like the nearest minute)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Four (6/13) - One replacement required
« Reply #557 on: February 26, 2013, 09:49:07 pm »

Surprise Raid Nets Another Alleged Hacker Leader
February 27th, 2030
A swift police operation ended with the arrest of another man in connection with hacking offenses.  It is believed that the arrest was based on a tip-off that was added to the bottom of Pseudonym's Mikipedia page.

"Some people have claimed that Pseudonym's leadership structure has remained largely untouched by the recent arrests," said a source close to police.  "However, with the arrest of "Deathsword" over half of Pseudonym's alleged leaders - or "masons" - are in custody.  The group is history."

The suspect, like all other alleged "masons" and "townies", protests his innocence.  However, it emerged yesterday that the currently incarcerated "mafia goons" have accepted a form of plea bargain, agreeing to assist the police in their investigation against Pseudonym in exchange for reduced sentences.

Deathsword has been doxxed.

He was a mason.

The votecount has now been reset, and the deadline is in a week's time.

With 6 alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

It should be noted that doxxes can be submitted in advance and delayed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 26, 2013, 10:00:14 pm »

I guess being almost lynched makes NQT get brave.

I guess you can Cancel replacement request now- I'm in a better position to pay attention to this game now (especially with a smaller playerbase.)

If there are any outstanding questions to me, please repeat them?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Four (6/13) - NO REPLACEMENTS NEEDED YAY
« Reply #559 on: February 26, 2013, 10:02:24 pm »

NQT as before.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 26, 2013, 10:15:29 pm »

Toaster, the mason claims have been likely and around for ages. The ideal time for scum to make use of them and kill a mason is when they can be sure that someone else will take the fall. It's similar to why scum killed TolyK: they knew that the town vote would then fall on Ford. Two for the price of one.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2013, 10:18:32 pm »

Actually...
Unvote. Vote Toaster What do you make of Dariush's lynch? What do you think of NQT's vote analysis? What do you think about Vector's meta argument?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2013, 11:18:44 pm »

NQT:
Toaster, the mason claims have been likely and around for ages. The ideal time for scum to make use of them and kill a mason is when they can be sure that someone else will take the fall. It's similar to why scum killed TolyK: they knew that the town vote would then fall on Ford. Two for the price of one.

Your TolyK point reeks of WIFOM.

ZU:
Actually...
Unvote. Vote Toaster What do you make of Dariush's lynch? What do you think of NQT's vote analysis? What do you think about Vector's meta argument?

You mean his lynch that didn't happen?

Innocent until proven guilty (8):
Leafsnail - Hacking Mastermind - Doxxed Day 0
Nerjin - mafia goon - Doxxed Day 1
Urist Imiknorris - mafia goon - Doxxed Day 1
TolyK - mason - Lynched Day 1
Captain Ford - townie - Lynched Day 2
Edosurist TheZoomZoll - townie - Lynched Day 3
Dariush - mafia goon - Doxxed day 4
Deathsword - mason - Doxxed day 4

He misfired instead of being lynched.  I haven't been paying attention and still knew that- what's your excuse?  A very cursory glance showed that he lurked and attacked lurkers/TZZ a lot in the time I missed.

The other two questions require a reread which isn't happening tonight.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2013, 11:28:36 pm »

Your TolyK point reeks of WIFOM.
It's possible I didn't explain it fully as my TolyK point should be self-evident to everyone and was remarked upon by Ford at the time:

The best reason for scum to pick Tolyk? It denies the town an informative lynch. It's why you still want to lynch me. You don't have any more information now than you did yesterday.

He was absolutely correct: voting TolyK gave town no information so they still went ahead and mislynched Ford, playing into scum's hands.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 26, 2013, 11:30:52 pm »

That's just semantics now. You knew what I meant.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 27, 2013, 12:35:12 am »

...Its either NQT, or Toaster. Then Vector (:P).

Though on the last, it was mostly because of obol's reactions.

NQT

You killed my brother!!

Its a 3- NQT, 2- Toast.

Tiruin:
Hapah:
notquitethere:
zombie urist:
Toaster:
Vector:

This is the list of remaining players. We've 2 masons, 1 scum. If all masons die, town are still at an advantage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 27, 2013, 02:21:23 am »

notquitethere.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 27, 2013, 04:20:05 am »

And that's the hammer.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 27, 2013, 09:29:43 am »

I regret nothing.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game over!
« Reply #569 on: February 27, 2013, 09:47:45 am »

Alleged Hacker has Lucky Escape from Flood
February 27th, 2030
Police had to force an entry into a house today following another apparent online confession.  The confession was posted on a comedy website under the name notquitethere, and gathered thousands of views and replies within just a few hours.  Police responded quickly and moved to arrest the man who had made the confession.

When they got to his house they found all the doors and windows electronically sealed, and had to break in due to the occupant apparently being unable to open them.  Just minutes after the suspect was taken from the house all of the taps in the house turned on at once.

"If we had not been on hand there is a good chance the suspect would have been seriously injured or worse in the flood,said a police representative, "This may have been an attempted reprisal from Pseudonym, as this man is believed to be a "mafia goon"  trying to change the direction of the group.  It serves as a reminder of just how dangerous and amoral they are."

notquitethere has been doxxed.

He was a mafia goon.

"Black Day" for Prosecution Service
March 20th, 2030
The crisis embroiling the police force and prosecution service deepened today after it emerged that they had insufficient evidence to charge 4 suspects - known online as TolyK, Captain Ford, TheZoomZoll and Deathsword -.  Their trial started today, but a prosecutor was forced to admit that he did not have sufficient evidence to form a case against any of them, citing an "unexplained technical error" at the prosecutor's office that had caused all evidence against the four men to be lost or destroyed.  The jury returned a unanimous innocent verdict after just five minutes of deliberation.

It should be noted however that the trial of four other alleged hackers - known as Nerjin, Urist Imiknorris, Dariush and notquitethere - is scheduled to go ahead as planned, and it is believed that these men will not receive mitigation for their testimony now that the other cases have collapsed.

This follows news that alleged hacking mastermind "Leafsnail" has vanished from his maximum security prison cell.  A guard raised the alarm after he found the cell empty this morning, but investigators believe he may have left his cell many hours before that.  There is currently no official explanation as to how the cell door was unlocked, or as to why the security cameras on-site still show the suspect in his cell.

Police sources have declined to comment on these developments.

All mafia goons are dead!  The masons and townies have won.  The winners are:
Tiruin
Hapah
zombie urist
Toaster
Vector
TolyK
Captain Ford
TheZoomZoll
Deathsword
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:49:44 am by Leafsnail »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40