Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Surviving the End  (Read 3389 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving the End
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 02:41:24 pm »

Walking around in the dark is a bad idea. To the cave, set up traps, go to sleep.

This, only try to set up a small barricade of rocks and branches at the entrance.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 04:55:00 pm »

Yell loudly to attract attention
Think about yelling, but decide not to do it.
Walking around in the dark is a bad idea. To the cave, set up traps, go to sleep.

This, only try to set up a small barricade of rocks and branches at the entrance.
+1. Also study the map more closely.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 06:43:35 pm »

Noticing the darkness, you decide to head back. When you reach the cave, you decide to get a barricade set up, and get to work. While you are collecting materials, you notice a willow. Taking more branches, you decide to set up a few more snares to stop any creatures looking for a bite of.... Well, you don't remember you name. But that's not important. When you get inside, stepping carefully around the snares, you look at the map more closely. It looks like the map used to be very well drawn, but it's smudged and faded. Aside from the city (Which is called Norik(OOC: I just made that city up.)), the forest, and the cave, all you can make out is the Eldritch Cave. You then decide to get some sleep

Inventory: Geiger counter, compass, crudely drawn map, small butcher knife, small pistol (10/10 clip, 20 spare, .9mm bullets)
Hunger: 16/20
Thirst 17/20
Irradiation: None
Assets: Three snares in the Origin Forest, Two snares in front of as-of-yet unnamed cave.

OOC: For the record, you're not auto-checking the snares. You have to put that in a post.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:02:47 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 06:57:00 pm »

We can check them in the morning. Time to sleep (keep the gun nearby).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 07:02:21 pm »

Ah, I forgot to mention in the post that you slept. Fixing now.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 07:04:56 pm »

Check (and reset, is that a thing?) all snares. Go into the city.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 10:25:15 pm »

Battle Cthulhu-rabbits with bare hands, lose shirt, ???, profit.

Check radiation levels.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 04:07:01 pm »

Well, I don't really have enough posts to go on, so this is serving as a bump.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 04:10:20 pm »

Hunt dem mutant rabbits

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 04:27:47 pm »

Check the snares in the morning, and repair the barricade if anybody/anything damaged it. Head out to find some supplies from the city, and see if you can find a  better gun as well.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 04:30:48 pm »

Check the snares in the morning, and repair the barricade if anybody/anything damaged it. Head out to find some supplies from the city, and see if you can find a  better gun as well.
This, but see if you can cook any food you find with a simple fire in the cave.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 07:01:50 pm »

Well, I don't really have enough posts to go on
Is there a specific reason you don't want us to go into the city? If you don't have that are ready we can hunt rabbits for a while.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 09:34:47 pm »

Well, I don't really have enough posts to go on
Is there a specific reason you don't want us to go into the city? If you don't have that are ready we can hunt rabbits for a while.
When did I deter you from going into the city? You didn't actually go in that one time because it was getting dark, and you ran out of time in that turn. And yes, I'm keeping a "time", which is whatever amount of activity I deem realistic to perform in 2-3 hours.

You wake up in the morning, and feel rather hungry. Walking outside, you check your snares. It seems that one beaver-like creature called a "Fleshpecker" was caught in a snare, as well as one Cthulu-rabbit. You make a small fire place, and use your compass for the steel in a flint and steel fail to make fire with a flint rock you found. You then check the barricade, and find that is was not breached, aside from a rock or two that fell during the night. Slipping through it, you head for the city. About half way there, you encounter three Cthulu-rabbits.
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . .
r . . . . .
. . . . . .
r . . .
r . . . . . . . . .
. T . . . . .T. . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . T . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . .
@ . . . . .
Legend
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inventory: Geiger counter, compass, crudely drawn map, small butcher knife, small pistol (10/10 clip, 20 spare, .9mm bullets)
Hunger: 16/20
Thirst 17/20
Irradiation: None
Assets: Three snares in the Origin Forest, Two snares in front of as-of-yet unnamed cave.

Notes on Fleshpecker
Notes on Cthulu-rabbits
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:53:42 pm by flameboy99 »

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 09:38:23 pm »

Pelt them with rocks while backing up to a tree. When at the tree, acquire a hefty branch for smacking.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 09:52:17 pm »

Pelt them with rocks while backing up to a tree. When at the tree, acquire a hefty branch for smacking.
I know I forgot to put the inventory on there (Fixing now),but you do realize you have a butcher's knife?

Pages: 1 [2] 3