Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Surviving the End  (Read 3390 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Surviving the End
« on: December 14, 2012, 10:24:03 pm »

War has come, and it has wiped out all else. Cities were torched, nuclear explosives were detonated. Now, all that's left is a few scraps of heavily-mutated wildlife, and you. There might be humans somewhere, but you cannot say where. On top of this, some have found the secrets of necromancy, only to create a plague of zombies. You are alone in a small cave you found. The mouth of the cave is about ten feet away. It rests inside of a small hill, which overlooks a forest that you have not explored. Behind you is a city, swarming with supplies and food, as well as zombies. The cave goes back about 30 feet before coming to a dead end. In the cave, you have a compass, a crudely drawn map, a Geiger counter, a small butcher knife, and a small pistol of a kind you are not sure of, but takes .9mm bullets and holds ten at a time. You have it fully loaded, as well as having 20 more bullets. It is powerful enough to cause serious damage to an enemy, but finding more ammo is going to be tough, outside of a city.

Inventory:None
Hunger: 20/20
Thirst: 20/20
Irradiation: None
More categories may be added as they become relevant.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Surviving the End
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 10:40:58 pm »

EAT DIRT

Or just search for killable wildlife

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 10:49:53 pm »

Find fresh water.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 10:57:05 pm »

Find fresh water, then pocket dirt for later consumption.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 11:21:15 pm »

Let us build a few small deadfall traps in the forest, and snares, that sort of thing. Then, get a big stick for clubbing. Come night, we enter the city.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 11:47:02 pm »

Dow we have a bag? pockets? Why are we keeping 5 pounds of incredibly useful stuff in a cave instead of taking it with us?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 11:49:53 pm »

You decide to try and look around the forest, for fresh water. About two minutes in, you decide to try to eat some dirt. Taking a handful, you put it in your mouth. However, it does not actually fill you. If anything, you feel hungrier! (-1 hunger) You do not manage to find a source of water, so you decide to head back, but not before an idea comes to you: Making snares. You remember watching a T.V. show where they showed you how to make a snare from willow branches-Jeff Corgin, or something like that-and you grab some branches from a nearby willow tree. You fashion three snares in the general area. You consider making a pitfall, but dismiss this idea due to a lack of an ax to get a log or rope to tie it with. As you wander around, you think of a name for this place: Origin Forest, since this is where you started.
Inventory: None
Hunger: 18/20
Thirst: 19/20
Assets: Three snares in Origin Forest.

Fakeedit: Because nobody decided to grab it. If you mean why it's in the cave in the first place, you took it there with you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 11:52:26 pm »

>enter cave
>take all
>out
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 11:56:14 pm »

Practice singing until something is caught in the snares.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 11:57:46 pm »

Screw the woodland (metaphorically ::)). Head into the city.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 01:53:16 am »

Practice necromancy, bring that hollow log back to life, or at least a semblance of it.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 12:18:45 pm »

You attempt to practice singing until the snares get something, but you quickly realize that singing is just scaring the animals off. You decide to pick up all the supplies in the cave. When you looked at the map, you can see that whoever the original owner was, they knew a lot of rather... odd places. For example, he's found a cave that is on no official map that he has labeled "The Eldritch Cave" You head out to the city, and notice that the light is growing dim. You are just on the outskirts of the city, when you get the idea to practice necromancy. However, you have nothing to study from, nor can the hollow log you wanted to resurrect for some reason do anything.

Inventory: Geiger counter, compass, crudely drawn map, small butcher knife, small pistol (10/10 clip, 20 spare, .9mm bullets)
Hunger: 17/20
Thirst 18/20
Assets: Three snares in the Origin Forest

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 12:24:44 pm »

Yell loudly to attract attention

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 12:41:36 pm »

A quick note on night: After the bombs exploded, the animals that survived were trapped in the fallout, and the debris clouded all sunlight. This made them adjust to nocturnal habits, meaning that at night, more cthulu-rabbits are present. Also, zombies, being mindless, do not really care about the time. As long as they can move and reach you, they will eat you.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 12:44:19 pm »

Walking around in the dark is a bad idea. To the cave, set up traps, go to sleep.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: [1] 2 3