Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Delivery Time! Who do you want to deliver your next burger order to?

RedCo HQ, 3rd floor, Accounting Office.
- 1 (25%)
MilkShaq's House of Dairy & B-Ball.
- 0 (0%)
The NNY Zoological Institute.
- 1 (25%)
The N.O.R.E.D. SantaBot Tracking Centre.
- 2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: [PDQ] Ninja Burger: Tragic Santabot Backstories  (Read 16695 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [PDQ] Ninja Burger: Milk Run
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2012, 04:59:12 am »

In the future, if you can't think of any action you want to take, go ahead and post that you aren't doing anything. That way I know there's no more turns to wait on.

Update will be posted sometime tomorrow.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2012, 05:39:54 am »

o we've got Ninjiana Jones, a guy attempting to use milk as a rocket fuel, and a suited man wearing a horse mask sneaking around in the sewers ready to kill some(one/thing). This is going to be a fun game.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2012, 01:14:00 pm »

(OK, then officially saying 'pass' this turn.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »

Time Remaining: 26:00

Guy Horse draws his knife. Croc comes lunging at Guy from out of water. Wants to get his face in between his jaws. Gets knife in between jaws instead. Croc gets split right down middle. Half goes past the left of Guy, half goes past right. Guy keeps walking.
Spoiler: Croc Stats (click to show/hide)

Barry and Antidone walk up behind Mr. Samurai. Barry is playing it as Mr. Nice Guy today. This confuses the Samurai. Antidone isn't playing Mr. Nice Guy. He is playing Mr. Pistol Whipping. It looks like it's going to hurt, but the helmet cracks in two, somehow leaving Blue's head intact and un-whipped. He's had enough of this and decides to sword a perp. ((Antidone, make a roll to avoid getting sworded))
Spoiler: BluSam Stats (click to show/hide)

The milk gets out of the rear of the casting cook's three-caninster sleigh. He smashes right through the skylight, spraying milk everywhere. [-1 XP for RAM] Now, to try to control it before you hit rush hour trafic. ((Make an Masterful check to avoid hitting cars. If you fail, you can either take Environmental Damage or loose 4 quarts of milk per Environmental Damage you would have taken. You have 50 quarts right now.))

Side notes:
Lillipad! Add your modifiers to your roll when rolling! If I hadn't added them in for you, you would have been eaten by the Croc.
Spinal_Taper: You should be entering 2d6+4 in the roller to roll 2d6 and then add 4. Not 1d6+4 roll twice. That's different. That rolls 1d6, adds 4, rolls 1d6, adds 4 and then adds the results together.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:12:44 pm by Grek »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2012, 07:25:08 pm »

"Damn armor!"
Antidone frownedand ducked low, nearly dropping onto the ground in his attempt to dodge the incoming blade.
((Am I rolling wrong? I keep getting 6's. Also, is it just me or is Invisible Castles account thing kind of messed up?))

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2012, 07:43:42 pm »

Make a few test rolls for me to make sure the RNG isn't borked.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2012, 07:49:38 pm »

2 I would like to take the damage myself if it won't defeat me, I am still a little unclear on the damage rules.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2012, 07:52:23 pm »

Yeah, it's a fluke.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2012, 08:08:54 pm »

2 I would like to take the damage myself if it won't defeat me, I am still a little unclear on the damage rules.
You gain Damage Ranks equal to Attack - Defense. Attack can either be someone's attack roll or the difficulty of an environmental obstacle. In this case, it's a Master difficulty Oncoming Cars obstacle, with has a difficulty of 13. Damage Ranks lower the ranks you have in your positive qualities on the scale Master-> Expert-> Good-> Average-> Poor-> Defeated. Defender chooses where to apply the Damage Ranks. You're defeated once one of your positive qualities is reduced past Poor and into Defeated by this. In this case hitting cars inflicts 13-2=11 Damage Ranks. If you allow yourself to be hurt almost to the point of being defeated (ie. all of your Qualities go to Poor, but none to Defeated) you'll take 10 Damage Ranks and loose (11-10)*4=4 quarts of milk out of 50.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:12:25 pm by Grek »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2012, 10:39:37 pm »

I didn't add the mods to that because it wasn't a combat roll. The knife being out was only meant to act as flavor. Thanks for saving my dude man, though. I'll try to be a bit more careful about that in the future.

Aw... Guy thought. It was just a crocodile. I was hoping for some leftover Soviet bears...
After the run-in with the crocodile, Guy miraculously makes it out of the sewers through a nearby manhole. He decides that while he is by the street, he'll wait for a milk truck, but to no avail. After a bit more waiting, he eventually leaves and finds himself by a supermarket somewhere. Guy grabs two shopping carts, walks into the store, past some familiar looking freaks wearing costumes, and up to the milk. He fills up as much of the shopping carts as he can, then walks out of the store with his stolen goods, security too baffled to try and stop him. After leaving, Guy attempts to find his way back to the Empire Stakehouse. He was incredibly close given how inept at direction he is. He's back on the top of the TacoTaco Hut TacoTaco Emporium. Slightly worried about the milk spoiling in any potential heat, Guy grabs a random person attempting to commit suicide by the neck and asks the stranger to show him where the fridge is.
(Is it alright that I gave myself a +1 there for the samurai being distracted, Grek? It's not that big a difference if it's gone, but I'd rather not suffer your GM wrath over willy nilly things like that. I can also change the action entirely if this is too big of one to take.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2012, 11:02:09 pm »

take 10 Damage Ranks and loose (11-10)*4=4 quarts of milk out of 50.
Ah, yes, that is exactly what I want.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2012, 11:32:59 pm »

(Is it alright that I gave myself a +1 there for the samurai being distracted, Grek? It's not that big a difference if it's gone, but I'd rather not suffer your GM wrath over willy nilly things like that. I can also change the action entirely if this is too big of one to take.)
Having the person you're sneaking past be distracted is handled as an Downshift on their skill, which would put him at Poor [-2] Store Awareness after factoring in the failure ranks he's accumulated. This means that you don't have to roll at all to get past him unless stealth is a weakness of yours or you're trying to make sure someone else also doesn't notice you.

Need actions from: SeriousConcentrate & scapheap.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:35:06 pm by Grek »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2012, 11:54:34 pm »

Well, the action was for stealing the milk and getting out without being stopped by anyone. I wasn't sure how you were going to handle it, so I just made a general roll for it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 02:15:57 am »

Milly decided to just try to sneak past while the samurai was distracted by the men. (Roll = 8)

(Ugh, just noticed the stupid sunglasses smiley. Sorry, I would've put more effort into this post but a combination of chest pain & upset stomach has left me in little mood for writing. ^^^;)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:34:29 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2012, 04:32:08 am »

Barry stared at the samurai "If that how you want to play it" He deliver an uppercut to the foe chin.Punch
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15