Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Delivery Time! Who do you want to deliver your next burger order to?

RedCo HQ, 3rd floor, Accounting Office.
- 1 (25%)
MilkShaq's House of Dairy & B-Ball.
- 0 (0%)
The NNY Zoological Institute.
- 1 (25%)
The N.O.R.E.D. SantaBot Tracking Centre.
- 2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: [PDQ] Ninja Burger: Tragic Santabot Backstories  (Read 16681 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: [PDQ] Ninja Burger [4/5 ninjas hired] [Horse Clan]
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2012, 08:46:25 pm »

I vote we wait for Spinal to finish his character. Also, happy to see you here dude. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2012, 08:49:09 pm »

I vote we wait for Spinal to finish his character. Also, happy to see you here dude. ^^^
Finished, so criticisms please. Also, of course I would join. You give me a link to a game that has ninjas, burgers and puns, and I'm almost guarenteed to join.

EDIT: Wait. I just realized I'd forgotten the appearence, somehow.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 08:57:15 pm »

I'll file that information away for future reference. :3 I have no constructive criticism to level at your character other than the one you already observed and a comment that as the only female character in the group (I think. I have no clue what, other than a ninja, RAM's character is) this should be entertaining for me. XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 08:58:14 pm »

That second weakness is kinda iffy. What sort of things would set him off? If you could give me a bit more detail on your Dark PastTM (and also write an appearance) then I think you're good to go.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2012, 09:00:50 pm »

That second weakness is kinda iffy. What sort of things would set him off? If you could give me a bit more detail on your Dark PastTM (and also write an appearance) then I think you're good to go.
Changed it. Had better idea. Yeah, Dark Past was rather forced. So, is this one good?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:09:11 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [PDQ] Ninja Burger: Milk Run
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2012, 09:36:06 pm »

Accepted. We are ready to start!

It is the year 2047 and the nation is divided. Not by walls nor, by wars, but by wealth and the desire for it. The United States exist in name only, with each member of the Union divided both from each other and in itself by greed and by the power of the Brand Name. Starting with the Great Cola War of 2020 and continuing on across three decades, the once great country has been bought out and split apart into a thousand thousand franchises, corp shops and marketing subdivisions. Money, housing, clothing, food, political parties, even people - all of it painted Red or Blue and marked with the logo of their corporate masters. Crossing these lines are the few, the proud, the elite: The Burger Ninja. You are one of these black-clad masters of darkness, part of an elite and secretive sect devoted to flouting the laws of the industrial overlords by delivering delicious fast food across colour lines. Today is the day of your first mission in the New New York Prefecture. You have been given an address and a secret phrase: "Crimson and Azure become as the Night." You must go to that building, reach the rooftop and report to the Burger Sensei, speak this password and accept your new mission!

Please give me a description of how you arrived in New New York from wherever it is you were before and a roll to see who reports in first. If you have already been working for Ninja Burger, assume they dropped you off at the airport and told you to go the rest of the way on your own as a test. First one there gets a prize.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:40:10 pm by Grek »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2012, 09:40:24 pm »

((Hey, what number of sides?))

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2012, 09:41:38 pm »

((All rolls in PDQ are 2d6+Relevant Qualities.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »

Milly stepped off of the plane and, after a short wait, retrieved her suitcase from the terminal. The stiletto heels of her boots clicked against the blue ceramic tiles of the terminal as she did her best to weave through the crowd, her ears bombarded by the din of her fellow humans and the louder sound of Sprite's new marketing campaign (actually a revival of the old 'Image Is Nothing' campaign, just over the radio now to emphasize the lack of 'image') blaring from the amplifiers above. "'Scuse me, pardon me, mind your foot, thanks," she muttered as she managed to get to the exit.

She lucked out that there was a blue electric streetcar passing by, and she stepped in when it was close enough. "Keep the change," she said, handing over a five dollar bill. Let's see now. According to the directions I was given, the building should be on the tram's left eventually. The tram took FOREVER to arrive, with the only bright side being that she didn't have to walk the whole way. Bristling with impatience, she entered the building, stepped into the elevator, and went to the top floor... and had to suffer through the elevator stopping on what felt like every floor to let people on or off. I should have taken the stairs... or climbed up the side. Anything would have been faster and less frustrating, she thought as she finally stepped off the elevator and onto the roof.

A man was waiting for her there; clearly her contact. She walked over to him. "Crimson and Azure become as the Night."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2012, 10:48:08 pm »

The patty flew daintily over the griller, caught the updraft and rose into the air, and elegantly glided towards the waiting buns. But then it happened, a single spike of hair rose into the patty's path and was neatly severed from its brethren. That hair was a statement, an icon, a signature, it was a proud ninja's pride, and it might take days of intensive gel therapy to repair. The casting cook couldn't continue through such calamity. They raised a finger to the heavens and vanished as those assembled gazed upon a particularly impressive smiley-face composed of cheese, lettuce, and tomato that was stuck to the roof.
 The minutes following had been difficult. What, after all, was life without the burger? But then salvation came! To the untrained eye it would seem like an ordinary bun, hurled by a disgruntled customer, but the message hidden within was quite clear. Go to the destination, meet the Sensei, surrender the passcode, and receive the burger. The message laden bun was cast away, gently curved into the mouth of an unattended child, and was destroyed. A new Sensei would bring salvation...
 Travel to the city was easy enough, a dirigible travelling that way had flown low enough to affix a grapple. Once over the city it was easy enough to glide from the blimp, locate a new-agent, then hurl some stale patties into the side of a convenient building and latch onto them. A hastily thrown stick of gum was sufficient to distract the attendants long enough to escape with the post-cards. A rapid ascent later and the ninja was on the roof, searching for the building in question. With a trust-worthy grapnel, easily improvised hand-holds, and years of burger ninja training, it was little effort to travel from building to building.
((wait, are we meeting the sensei, or just reaching the city? Meh, I will put the whole thing in now and adjust it to match the situation if things change...))
The hopeful burger ninja approached the prospective sensei and presented three post-cards. First, of a brilliant red sunset, next, a clear blue sky, then a star-filled nightscape. The ninja then bowed low...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 10:54:13 pm »

((Alrighty, thanks.))

Antidone stood up in his seat, letting his feet land onto the soft carpeting of the jet he'd "rented" for this mission. Now, most of the time, Ninja Burger employees were both too poor and too concerned with stealth to rent such a gaudy form of transition. Antidone was poor, true, but for him, comfort was much more of a concern than stealth. Besides, when you're like him, money is no matter. Assuming the gate person wasn't omniscient, that is. Honeyed words, half truths and straight out lies could get you so far... Of course, comfort wasn't the only reason he preferred private jets. He knew for a fact that on average, the stewardesses were 30% hotter than those on public jets 60% of the time. He had experienced that personally. On multiple levels. He gave the brunette stewardess a parting wink as he crossed the doorway to the outside.
"Goodbye, my dear. Perhaps we'll see each other again..."
Of course, they would not, but there was no need to ruin the moment with such a blunt truth. He went down the stairs with a confident half skip, taking his luggage from a nearby attendant. Never looking back, he went down towards the terminal, scuffing his shoe on the gap between the ramp and the actual tunneled hallway. This was greeted with an irritated frown, but he continued through, unaccosted, nearly avoided by the crowd. Likely, this was due less to height or build, but his confident, nearly cocky posture. But, this was accompanied by an intimidating force backing of every single one of his movements.

He left the hallway, walking down the terminal at a brisk pace, before grabbing some fast food from one of the many restaurants lining the sides of the room. Of course, he wanted to arrive first, but he was certain that he had time to spare in arriving. Eating as he walked, he turned to the right, heading for the glass double doors of the airport. As he left, he noted with a smirk that his destination was just across the street. Heading into the building and into the elevator, he scoped out who else was with him. To his dissapointment, nobody attractive enough for him was inside. When the elevator reached the roof, he stepped out, walking towards the sensei and greeting him with the phrase. "Crimson and Azure become as the Night."

((Oh, and I want to change my chars appearence, if that's okay.))
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:48:04 am by Spinal_Taper »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 11:33:21 pm »

Guy had been stationed in Italy for five months when he received the call. He was drinking tea in a cafe, man presented him with a tattered journal, and another horse mask. The card that calls him to justice. He read through the journal, the instructions clear. He was to go to the airport unattended and find his way to New New York within a month, the city that made him cast off his police badge and take up the guise of an assassin. The only hitch in the plans to get there was the lack of an aide. So Guy went it alone, treading through oceans, swamps, jungles, until finally, after two weeks had gone by, he had reached New New York from Italy on foot somehow.
A cafe, much resembling the one he was at in Italy, had another of his calling cards. This journal gave him the name of the building, but again no directions. The massive hatred of his employers never giving him directions was outweighed by the next two weeks of wandering the streets, until he finally came upon the building. As the familiar face of the Burger Sensei detailed in the journals came into view, Guy spoke the password, and was greeted with open arms. He was not the first there, but he did make it.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2012, 05:00:10 am »

Harry step off the boat and breathe in the city air. His bike held over his shoulder he around look for the address and thought of how he became a burger ninja. He had simple been a good Samaritan and they said outsiders with secrets of the burger ninjas would disappear. he whistler for a cab and got in.

At the building he walk up to a normal looking bum. "Crimson and Azure become as the Night." The bum pressed a brick on the wall behind him and a doorway appeared. roll.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2012, 05:17:36 pm »

((Not all of you remembered to add your Qualities to your roll. Please remember to do that! It is important! I've added them in for you this time.))

Final order is:
Antidone: 16
Cook: 12
Harry: 8
Guy: 6
Milly: 4

You get off the plane you smoozed yourself into. Wink to hot stewardess. She winks back. Everyone sees you and thinks, "My, who is the handsome stranger?" as you pass. TacoTacoHut employee forgets to charge you. Slips you his number with the food instead. Taco is acceptable, but the blue shell tastes weird. Just as you finish, the elevator door opens to the top floor and you see...

"New Sensei awaits
Like green bud of spring flower
To give to Cook hope/job"

So it was written in the secret language of sesame on the back of the bun. Turning it over, you find detailed instructions, a map of the city, departure times for a dirigible, the location of a secret cache in the side containing a single stick of gum... A mission expertly planned and executed perfectly by casting cook. You arrive within the inner sanctum to see...

After a long trip on a short boat, you arrive in the city. Boat was loud, smelly, full of animals. City is too. No sense of common decency, these people. Won't get out of the way for your bike. Still, one cab ride later and you're there. Ninja Bum lets you in through the side entrance. "Up the stairs and through the door.", he says before going back to panhandling. When you get there, you see...

A month long journey and a new suit later, you arrive within the Burger Dojo atop the Empire Stakehouse Building in New New York. It was a difficult trip, and things got hairy at times, especially when you were forced to bring down the hot, leaden justice on the NeoSoviet RoboBears guarding the Alaskian Border, but you made it. You always make it in the end. People would not call Guy Horse for help you didn't. Now that you are here, you see...

Though you never did realize it, you had made a big mistake: Never take the first cab. First cab is sent by BluSamurai to waylay you. Because of this, you missed the secret Ninja Tram by seconds. Bad luck to be you - you're the last one in at the Burger Dojo, last one in to see...

A television. Not just any television, mind you. This is one of those sleek black, High Def, glossy televisions like you see in commercials, or in a Bond villain hideout. You can see your reflection in it. You can see your reflection's reflection in it. The screen goes from one side of the room to the other and the power cable is a little thin thing the size of a pencil. No buttons anywhere that you can see. But when the last member of your party arrives, it flicks on. For a second, nothing but static. Loud meaningless static. But it quickly cuts to a man sitting in a chair. He's wearing a horse mask, like some of the other people in the room are. He speaks:

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. New New York has gone far, far too long without the touch of our clan, the greasy, delicious taste of our burger, the-" He pauses for a moment, to collect himself. "Well, yes. I'm sure you all quite get the picture. You five have been selected for a great honor, to be the first of our Ninja in this city. Your first mission is a simple one: All of our deliveries have come in except for one. Burgers, cheese, lettuce, tomato, buns, potatoes, but no milk. We cannot possibly open until we have milk for our Ninja Milkshakes. An inquiry will be made into why our driver has... failed us so. But that is not your duty today. Your duty is to replace him. Ninja burger requires milk for our kitchens and you are to get it for us. We open in thirty minutes." With that, the screen flicks out.

You have your mission. You have 30 minutes. Go!

Spoiler: Grading System (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2012, 05:36:13 pm »

Harry nod "This will be easy." He flash a smile at the other ninjas before setting his bike down and riding it toward the milk place(var the window).

((do we do a another roll?))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15