Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarf fortress killed my wife  (Read 10663 times)

skezixx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf fortress killed my wife
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 03:23:36 pm »

"It's me or DF!"

"...Kbaithx."

I thought this was a thread on "My wife won't let me play anymores". Good choice.

Lol that was said a few times but a guy has to finish his magma pumpstack  no matter what manner of forgoten beast  manifests ;) 
We must raise money. DF needed a legal defense fund eventually anyway. Concerned parents will find us eventually.

Gnoll Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 05:38:14 am »

I wish I had a wife so I could ignore her while playing dwarf fortress.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 05:58:14 am »

Okay it did not kill my wife but was cited as one of the reasons in the divorce papers sure there were other issues  but  it was said that that was the nail in the coffin   . And it has me wandering  what how many D.F. players are female ?

Sorry for not understanding the tricky part, but ... she divorced you because she played DF a lot?
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 08:38:08 am »

:P  Yup, she saw his winky and freaked.  No matter how hard she looked she couldn't find the raws for it. . .

Speaking of which, do females have breasts?  I  don't think they do, but I'm sure somebody knows for sure. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 04:10:07 pm »

Okay it did not kill my wife but was cited as one of the reasons in the divorce papers sure there were other issues  but  it was said that that was the nail in the coffin   . And it has me wandering  what how many D.F. players are female ?

Sorry for not understanding the tricky part, but ... she divorced you because she played DF a lot?

I think he means the marriage was already falling apart and DF severed the marriage before it could die on it's own.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 04:27:53 pm »

Dwarf Fortress gave me indigestion. And death.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

skezixx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 04:49:19 pm »

Yeah that is pretty much it  we had other issues  but D.F. was the breaking point .
I think he means the marriage was already falling apart and DF severed the marriage before it could die on it's own.
We must raise money. DF needed a legal defense fund eventually anyway. Concerned parents will find us eventually.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 08:15:09 am »

Err....just speaking as someone who plays too many videogames himself.... but .... isn't anyone at all disturbed by this? Uh, I mean.... I play too many videogames, but if I were to upset my wife by doing so, or not get off of them when she asked, I would not be paying attention to her, I'd be acting obsessively, and.... I wouldn't be showing love. So I try to make sure, very hard, I don't just get home and turn into a slug.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:17:29 am by lastofthelight »

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 10:08:45 am »

Which is EXACTLY why you should be playing at work.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 01:32:03 pm »

Err....just speaking as someone who plays too many videogames himself.... but .... isn't anyone at all disturbed by this? Uh, I mean.... I play too many videogames, but if I were to upset my wife by doing so, or not get off of them when she asked, I would not be paying attention to her, I'd be acting obsessively, and.... I wouldn't be showing love. So I try to make sure, very hard, I don't just get home and turn into a slug.

I don't believe for a second that anyone who lists his location as "in yo mums house" has moved out of his own mum's house yet.  I'm none too worried about the dissolution of a fictional marriage.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 07:17:04 pm »

That's kind of a creepy level of submission you seem to be putting on there. Doing everyone somebody asks you with no questioning in regards to validity of request or anything? That's still being obsessive. Just to that person rather than videogames.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

skezixx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 09:48:55 pm »

I would never list my real location but  always view  things posted on the interwebs skepticism ant take them with a grain of salt I could only  wish that it was fictional  but sadly not    ...  And as far  as the being a slug part  I feel that it was more of an escape from the things going on around me winch is still not healthy  but still better than drinking  or other options  I have seen people turn to though anything  in large amounts can be unhealthy including food or water  .
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:54:39 pm by skezixx »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 10:45:27 am »

Eh, I have no idea why would anyone lie about having a marriage and then lie about a divorce after that. If that's some kind of an attention whoring it seems like the most moronic way to do it.

You might wanna fix your grammar and double spaces though.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 02:53:20 pm »

If that's some kind of an attention whoring it seems like the most moronic way to do it.
I've done worse. lol   (granted, I was 7.)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:40 pm »

I don't think I have a chance at marriage, seeing as how I started playing DF before I ever met a potential romantic partner.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4