Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarf fortress killed my wife  (Read 10665 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf fortress killed my wife
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 12:04:02 am »

We will need to inspect your beard hair to make sure.
gross.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 01:10:10 am »

gross.

Well is it bracketed or not?

(edit cuz phone cut me off midway)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:12:55 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 01:46:55 am »

gross.
There is no innuendo there that wasn;t planted by your dirty mind.

take these 2 statements:
Strange enough on gaming events male:female ratio is often 10000000000:1
I think its the same for DF.

You're confused.  It's an easy mistake to make. True dorfs have beards, females included.
O/ female Fortess Dwarfer reporting in!

All female dwarves have beards + Female Dwarf = Should have beard. I demand pictures of your beard as proof. I'll also accept Mustache.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 06:18:13 am »

I apologize for my crude humor.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 11:56:05 am »

According to the forum stats the male:female ratio is 1.7:1. That number is tilted a fair bit towards female due to the fact that the majority of spambots choose female for some odd reason, but there is still a substantial amount. I think back in an older GD thread we managed to work out that the ratio was around 1:4.5ish IIRC.

Then, there are lots of people who frequent the lower boards, but do not play Dwarf Fortress. But yeah.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 03:49:46 pm »

my wife got used to me modding df. Then again she was ok with me playing ADOM on our wedding night. But she finds it weird that I offered her to use Real Transhair to make a beard out of her lower hair.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 03:55:29 pm »

Worth it?

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 04:10:30 pm »

my wife got used to me modding df. Then again she was ok with me playing ADOM on our wedding night. But she finds it weird that I offered her to use Real Transhair to make a beard out of her lower hair.

That is weird. Pubes are too short and curly to make a decent beard.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 04:21:03 pm »

You wish ;)

A suggestion to op: rename the thread to "dwarf fortress saved my wife".

On another note, if you are a true df player and you have a wife, you must beat her regularly and check her wound status to make sure she's not a vampire and does not wander off during nights to suck someone dry.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 04:25:50 pm »

Or drown her.  Or lock her in her room to see if she gets hungrey.  Or lock her in a room with a computer and tell here to get to work.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 07:43:26 pm »

Eh, video games were one of the few reasons why I had to break up with my girlfriend. Friendships require time and effort, which I'm okay with. Romantic relationships consume time and need a really big effort. I had to text her for like 150 text messages a day and imagine a gamer who has to always keep watching his cellphone.

(playing a multiplayer game which I can't pause) Oh yeah, I'm totally owning these losers now.
*phone vibrates* Shit... Text message... I'll reply later.
(after 30 seconds) *phone vibrates* JUST WAIT A DAMN MINUTE!
(after 5 minutes) *phone rings* Damn, she is calling now. It's okay I'll tell her that I was taking a shower.
*tries to focus on the game but the annoying noise from the phone fucks it up* SHIT! Whatever, I was losing anyway.
*answers the phone, lies a lot about not answering the phone (which leads to more lies later), and gets kicked from the game because of inactivity*

Then lies get discovered, I get the classic you-don't-care-about-me girlfriend talk and it leads to fights. Next girlfriend, I'll warn her that I don't like texting, talking a lot and that I prefer face-to-face communication.

But if it's a marriage your talking about, well it's serious shit. You don't seem very troubled about it but if you are, I'm sorry. If not, we have a saying here in Turkey for every bachelor and divorced guy: A bachelor's life is a king's life! Welcome back and go get 'em.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:45:23 pm by Leatra »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 07:47:19 pm »

As far as I know there are a fair few of us female players, probably considerably less than dudes though.
*Hugs*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 07:50:21 pm »

I've met my share of happily married gamers.  I actually was under the impression it was fairly common, not being into dating gmaer girls (for various reasons, like fitness, attitude, etc).
PKs DF Mod!

skezixx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 08:07:14 pm »

Eh, video games were one of the few reasons why I had to break up with my girlfriend. Friendships require time and effort, which I'm okay with. Romantic relationships consume time and need a really big effort. I had to text her for like 150 text messages a day and imagine a gamer who has to always keep watching his cellphone.

(playing a multiplayer game which I can't pause) Oh yeah, I'm totally owning these losers now.
*phone vibrates* Shit... Text message... I'll reply later.
(after 30 seconds) *phone vibrates* JUST WAIT A DAMN MINUTE!
(after 5 minutes) *phone rings* Damn, she is calling now. It's okay I'll tell her that I was taking a shower.
*tries to focus on the game but the annoying noise from the phone fucks it up* SHIT! Whatever, I was losing anyway.
*answers the phone, lies a lot about not answering the phone (which leads to more lies later), and gets kicked from the game because of inactivity*

Then lies get discovered, I get the classic you-don't-care-about-me girlfriend talk and it leads to fights. Next girlfriend, I'll warn her that I don't like texting, talking a lot and that I prefer face-to-face communication.

But if it's a marriage your talking about, well it's serious shit. You don't seem very troubled about it but if you are, I'm sorry. If not, we have a saying here in Turkey for every bachelor and divorced guy: A bachelor's life is a king's life! Welcome back and go get 'em.

Troubled  not so much relived for the most part i had been with her since i was 18  im 32 now and in a lot of ways we grew apart  .  Yes it is a kings life indeed  and thank you sir get them i will 
We must raise money. DF needed a legal defense fund eventually anyway. Concerned parents will find us eventually.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 09:22:44 am »

"It's me or DF!"

"...Kbaithx."

I thought this was a thread on "My wife won't let me play anymores". Good choice.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:26:37 am by tolkafox »
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4