Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win: Across the Border  (Read 60345 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 1: The Courthouse
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2013, 12:13:52 pm »

PFP: Just popping in to apologize, I was mistaken on the time the day ended. I'll be more careful about that in the future.

Day ends in 5 hours. January 11, at 5Pm [1700]

The Old Parchment Reads:

notquitethere:

Burn_heal:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford: burn_heal,   ReDeadEr

ReDeadEr: Captain Ford,   

Fraxert: notquitethere,   

+!!scientist!!+: Onyxjew944,   Tiruin,   burn_heal

Tiriun: Ironyowl,

Ironyowl:

Not Voting: Fraxert,   +!!scientist!!+, 

Votes for Extension: 1/3
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:53:19 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2013, 01:47:13 pm »

I'm listed as not voting, for some reason.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2013, 01:52:43 pm »

It's because I like you so much I let you both vote and not vote at the same time. But I guess since you hate me playing favorites I'm not letting you have two votes any more. Now you have to deal with just one.

Spoiler: Actual Apologies (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2013, 02:13:06 pm »

Current theory: Fraxert is scum and is not voting because we're on track to lynch a townie. That or Fraxert has been too busy to respond to the thread.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2013, 03:18:45 pm »

This probably isn't even going to be noticed before the day ends, so these will probably be my last words, oh well. In response to your question, IronyOwl, I will say that I  think you should be the one asking him questions if you're suspicious, because no matter what I say right now I don't know whether it will be taken as honest or as attempting to mislead you into not lynching a bandit. (either way, it could backfire) Also, in response to Onyxjew's question, I honestly don't know, I don't think I'm good enough at this to use any of them effectively. In any case, goodbye and thank you all for a great (if short from my point of view) game.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2013, 04:04:09 pm »

Unless this is a very cunning double bluff, I think we have good reason to suppose that +!!scientist!!+ isn't in fact scum, because if they were, their partner in crime would be telling them to vote for Captain Ford to cause a nolynch. Unless their partner is just as clueless...

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2013, 04:30:30 pm »

...or he's waiting until the last second. Since Nerjin stated that there's a cutoff for voting at 5PM, that's possible. Unless he suddenly changes his mind.

So, +!!scientist!!+ to prevent shenanigans. Sorry, I don't think you're scum. But a nolynch would be worse. I hope you hang out in the deadchat.

Also, Oppose Extension. I'll reverse that if there's suddenly a lot of support for an extension in the next hour, but better safe than sorry.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2013, 04:35:49 pm »

On that note, do you think an extension is warranted? We only need two more votes.

We haven't heard from the ICs in a couple days. ReDeadEr hasn't responded to my accusation.

I was hesitant to suggest an extension because I just finished a BM that lasted 2 months. (Ugh!) I'd rather the game get a move on, but we might not have enough information yet for Day 2.

(I'm sick, and thus more impatient than usual, so I'd like someone else's opinion)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2013, 04:44:42 pm »

To be honest, I don't think there's ever going to be enough information, and I'd rather the game didn't drag on endlessly. I think you're about to lynch an innocent person but if y'all think the information gained from that is going to be helpful... In any case:

Unvote
Captain Ford

Note I don't necessarily think Ford is scum, but I'd rather we didn't hang a townie.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2013, 04:54:46 pm »

WTF?

Why would you do that? Do you WANT a nolynch?

Extension. I doubt we'll get the second extend vote. But this needs explaining.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2013, 04:57:18 pm »

5 minutes to deadline.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2013, 04:59:35 pm »

"Death to the bandit!" shouted the assorted townsfolk as they drug a hogtied +!!scientist!!+ across the dusty roads of Jackelope towards the gallows. Never before used their lust for blood was soon to be fulfilled. "It wasn't me! I swear! I was just a regular townsperson! I swear!" however the poor learned man's cries went unheeded by the blood-thirsty town. Placing his neck through the rope the leader of the lynch-mob asked "Any last words scum?" through his tears +!!scientist!!+ stated "It weren't me!" however this only caused the lynch-leader to spit in his face "A liar 'til the end... Well at least you'll have a nice tie to be buried in." with that the lever was pulled and +!!scientist!!+ hanged.

"Come on folks. Let’s go make sure he didn't steal any of Jimmy Pete's other stuffs." Sighed one of the other townsfolk. After a few moments the townspeople finally arrived at +!!scientist!!+’s house. Upon inspection they found two things. 1: That he had none of Jimmy Pete’s stashed away and 2: A journal providing undeniable proof that +!!scientist!!+ was indeed a Regular Townsperson.

Discouraged the townsfolk wondered home to await the next trial in the morning. In each of their hearts they knew they might not make it through the night.

The Old Parchment Read:

notquitethere:

Burn_heal:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford: burn_heal,   ReDeadEr,   notquitethere,

ReDeadEr:

Fraxert:

+!!scientist!!+: Onyxjew944,   Tiruin,   burn_heal,   Captain Ford

Tiriun: Ironyowl,

Ironyowl:

Not Voting: Fraxert,   +!!scientist!!+, 

+!!scientist!!+ was lynched!!! he was a Vanilla townsperson!

Night will end 1/14/2013 at 5PM at the latest. Please send your night actions via PM if you have any.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2013, 05:05:43 pm »

As morning came so did the townsfolk. After a small burial for +!!scientist!!+ they decided to meet at the saloon to avoid the dark thoughts of what had happened the day before. “Well… We were wrong yesterday but… We’ll get it right today!” said the leader of yesterday’s lynchmob. Nobody truly believed them but they did as they had no other options they consented. “Wait a minute… Where’s the sheriff?” Asked one of the older townsfolk. A long silence passed before it clicked to everyone Notquitethere! A search began to locate the missing law-man before he was finally found face-down in a puddle of blood. “God damned varmints got the sheriff!” shouted the lynchmob leader from yesterday as he threw his hat to the ground. The folk went  back to the saloon in a riotous upheaval at the knowledge that their sheriff was now gone. Now there were two deaths to avenge… and they day had just begun.

Notquitethere the Sheriff was night-killed!

The Old Parchment Reads:

Burn_heal:

Onyxjew944:

Captain Ford:

ReDeadEr:

Fraxert:

Tiriun:

Ironyowl:

Not Voting:

Day will end 1/17/2013 at 5PM at the latest.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2013, 07:01:13 pm »

JUST FOR THAT FINE WESTERN FLAVOUR - DON'T ANALYSE THE FOLLOWING

The others find the sheriff gut shot by the old well, red footprints leading off into the scrubland.

'You shoulda listened,' he burbled through bloody lips, 'it was...'

But before he could continue his guts rolled out and he died in the street he had once sworn to protect.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:09:38 pm by notquitethere »

burn_heal

• Bay Watcher
  • "G'day folks!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2013, 08:38:42 pm »

No good bandits! Damn ya yella-bellied hides!

I have to say, scientist’s innocence has thrown me off the scent.
Sorry for my lackin’ of trustin’ you, cowboy :(
I’m a little bemused at the lack of posting by certain people at the end of the day.

Something about Tiruin has me a little sus(picious). A bit too curt? He only made one post (granted a long one).
But - no post on the second or third days. At all. Happy to let an innocent be lynched, are we? I would have thought an experienced player would have joined in the discussion?

fraxert you were extremely quiet at the end. What a contrast to the beginning of the game - this is concerning. Were you happy to let poor innocent scientist die towards the end of the day?

“Note I don't necessarily think Ford is scum, but I'd rather we didn't hang a townie.”
NQT you sound rather certain here that scientist isn’t a bandit. Why? Is the reason you’re so sure because you’re mafia?

IronyOwl what do you make of the events of Day 1?

Captain Ford what’s your read on NQT?

Onyxjew and ReDeadEr: Who do you currently find the most suspicious?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21