Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Topia Online Kickstarter is live!!!  (Read 24140 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Topia Online Kickstarter is live!!!
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2012, 05:49:31 pm »

why would a slime build or a dragon?
Dragon would make human build stuff for them also are these dragon intelligent or just beast?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2012, 05:51:34 pm »

Uh, not building makes it a not worthwhile choice? I don't understand that. I can certainly see it being limiting, but not everything could build a castle, or would even want one!

Some cannot build, cannot see, cannot sense, can barely move, and cannot learn, all at once. (or rather just one)

Besides limiting PC monsters to sentient sense capable species is hardly a loss. It actually makes a lot of sense. Though seeing as that would severely limit choices, I am just saying that perhaps a few of the creatures could be culled. Even if Slimes are made to automate the monster point gain process.

It isn't a suggestion though I am willing to really argue as it really goes down to flavor and ultimately this is purely my oppinion rather then anything I'll try to pass off as objective.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:56:40 pm by Neonivek »

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2012, 06:07:24 pm »

Some of them, anyway

A certain part of me kinda wants to say that if you cannot make a monster worthwhile to play, then it shouldn't be available as a PC monster choice.

Obviously. Which is why they'll be worthwhile to play. :)

Some cannot build, cannot see, cannot sense, can barely move, and cannot learn, all at once. (or rather just one)

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Even if Slimes are made to automate the monster point gain process.

Nah. We feel it's better to give the option of player control, even if it's just to be slimey. Besides, a lot of people are really excited for slimes, simply because they are slimes. They consume matter. XD
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:10:39 pm by Kruniac »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2012, 06:11:08 pm »

Uh, not building makes it a not worthwhile choice? I don't understand that. I can certainly see it being limiting, but not everything could build a castle, or would even want one!

Besides limiting PC monsters to sentient sense capable species is hardly a loss. It actually makes a lot of sense. Though seeing as that would severely limit choices, I am just saying that perhaps a few of the creatures could be culled. Even if Slimes are made to automate the monster point gain process.

It isn't a suggestion though I am willing to really argue as it really goes down to flavor and ultimately this is purely my oppinion rather then anything I'll try to pass off as objective.
but slimes....

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2012, 06:13:55 pm »

I think slimes will be a nice way to experiment with scripting hive behaviour. They are in great supply but each one is limited in its senses and actions.
Useful for a cheap experiment platform and more efficient than using "higher" lifeforms for a lot of tasks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2012, 06:19:50 pm »

Hey, you implied it!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2012, 06:21:28 pm »

Name a game were you can play as a slime...of course the slimes popular I don't know of any game where you can play as one.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:23:18 pm by Alkhemia »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 13, 2012, 06:21:43 pm »

Hey, you implied it!
Li'l tip: Put "I think..." or "If I'm correct in assuming..." or "It'll probably be..." at the beginning of an assumption.  It helps remove confusion, as someone might think you actually know something.   :P

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 13, 2012, 06:23:07 pm »

Hey, you implied it!

I never implied that some creatures will barely be able to move. Some creatures will have limited (or no) build options/craft options. All creatures will have skill grids.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2012, 06:23:41 pm »

But do Slimes have a Slime trail skill? NOoOooOooo

I never implied that some creatures will barely be able to move

I would have thought some would be slower then others. Simply by being a slow monster.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:28:52 pm by Neonivek »

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2012, 06:28:51 pm »

But do Slimes have a Slime trail skill? NOoOooOooo

You don't know that. Maybe they will. :)

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2012, 06:36:39 pm »

They have an IRC too.

Network: irc.quakenet.org
Channel: #topiaonline

Webchat: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?nick=Topiafan.&channels=topiaonline&prompt=1&uio=d4

Come hang out and discuss how the Slimepocolypse will wipe away the cannibal villages, the wolf hordes and the undead absolutely everywhere!
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2012, 06:37:33 pm »

Ehh I already know what monster I'd play as... if that monster was available (and it won't due to... excessively overpoweredness... Lovecraftian Mythos)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2012, 06:39:27 pm »

I think Shoggoths can be balanced if needed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2012, 06:41:16 pm »

I think Shoggoths can be balanced if needed.

No it is Yog-Sothoth that I was refering to

Though if I had to pick a race it would be the Future Greater Race of Yith

Or a Mi-go >_>

If I wanted pure fear and power I'd pick Hound of Tantalos... but I doubt ANY game would actually use their powers proper.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26