Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Topia Online Kickstarter is live!!!  (Read 24123 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Topia Online Kickstarter is live!!!
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2012, 06:44:21 pm »

You know, trolls aren't in the list yet. There are goblins though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2012, 06:46:13 pm »

Same with giant spiders! If the screen shot is to be believed.

Mind you I think Monsters somewhat suffer from the same thing another game did which is that monsters are just sort of less interesting then the ordinary PC races.

Though I have no idea how monsters will be fully implimented and what abilities, trades, and skills they will possess. I just assume they come in as they are intended to be though.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:48:41 pm by Neonivek »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2012, 06:51:27 pm »

Same with giant spiders! If the screen shot is to be believed.

Mind you I think Monsters somewhat suffer from the same thing another game did which is that monsters are just sort of less interesting then the ordinary PC races.

Though I have no idea how monsters will be fully implimented and what abilities, trades, and skills they will possess. I just assume they come in as they are intended to be though.
Well I'm only going to play as a silly human for as long as I have slimes ftw
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2012, 06:51:42 pm »

I just noticed how they misspelled ‼Dwarves‼

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2012, 06:54:18 pm »

I just noticed that. Why do dwarves get special emphasis?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2012, 06:56:19 pm »

Because ‼Dwarves‼

Kids these days, don't they teach you anything at school؟

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2012, 06:59:26 pm »

Reading the comments, you get to keep your house even if you die. You can respawn with the same name and race but you lose skills, items, everything. You lose your house if someone breaks in and claims it as their own while your dead.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2012, 07:07:24 pm »

Reading the comments, you get to keep your house even if you die. You can respawn with the same name and race but you lose skills, items, everything. You lose your house if someone breaks in and claims it as their own while your dead.

Or they just destroy it.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2012, 08:22:45 pm »

Or they just destroy it.

That would be an option. If someone wants to take the time and use tools to destroy a building, they can. Of course, if you have a stone building, that could be extremely impractical.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2012, 08:24:08 pm »

Or they just destroy it.

That would be an option. If someone wants to take the time and use tools to destroy a building, they can. Of course, if you have a stone building, that could be extremely impractical.

You would be surprised what someone will do over a period of a day.

Dismantling someone's entire house is certainly within the perview of possible activities.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2012, 08:26:28 pm »

Or they just destroy it.

You would be surprised what someone will do over a period of a day.

Dismantling someone's entire house is certainly within the perview of possible activities.

Well, sure. But again, there would have to be a strong motivator to take an entire day to dismantle a house. Not to mention the tool use. You can't carry around 20 sledgehammers or whatever. All items will have durability, and one tool wouldn't be enough for a job of that scale. Logistics will play a huge part in the game world.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2012, 08:30:28 pm »

Sap it then! (Yes I know you cannot sap things in the game)

Also remember, rome wasn't build in a day but it was destroyed in an hour.

Logistically it is easier to destroy something then it is to construct.

Mind you most "Stone" houses will likely be the easily destroyed variety that doesn't rot away like wood. Mind you most games do not attempt to make there be a difference between weak and strong stone.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:32:11 pm by Neonivek »

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2012, 08:34:16 pm »

Also remember, rome wasn't build in a day but it was destroyed in an hour.

Logistically it is easier to destroy something then it is to construct.

Yeah that is true like in my minecraft world i built some buildings took like 2 hours and then my friends destroyed it with tnt. So true enough Neonivek is right but if your going to destory a house by yourself in the game i would imagine it would take a very long time to destory the house and supplies.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2012, 08:37:38 pm »

Mind you it sounds like he is trying to set up the game to be constructive. Thus putting penelties and barriers to anything that goes against this.

You can kill but hirelings will make it a bad idea or even impossible, you can destroy but it is very inconvenient to even attempt it, and the community even has specific ability to target you... You can train combat skill but it doesn't increase your chances, you can try to be on your own but Influence pooling is too important for survival.

I almost question the monster system and how monsters should get a few more teeth.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:39:52 pm by Neonivek »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2012, 08:41:39 pm »

Dunno, maybe you can breed and start your own pack or something.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26