Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Games you like but cannot play for beans!  (Read 10039 times)

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you like but cannot play for beans!
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2012, 07:21:52 pm »

I own ArmA 2 and the expansion, but I consistently get buttraped at the end of the first training mission. I've never actually played more than five minutes of the single-player campaign or online.
I was sort of like that when I first bought it, but as soon as you stop rushing to your objective and trying to rambo everything you'll see some improvement. If you take your time doing things, your survival rate will drastically improve.
That isn't really my issue. It's more about the enemy finding me before I find them.
Final Fantasy : Never finished one of the,, some because I lacked the time or motivation, some because I've hit a wall (literally in the case of FFVII)
FF is always beatable because tough spots can be powered through after 15 minutes of grinding. None of the games really reinforce a strategic approach.
You could always watch Let's Plays...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2012, 07:36:14 pm »

I can't run my modded oblivion or fallout3. FalloutNV runs fine even modded but I wanted the modded Fallout3 better.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »

Starcraft 2.

Despite all my effort, I never got out of bronze league.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2012, 09:42:39 pm »

Is starcraft 2 good?  I never bothered with it but I enjoyed the ease of the first one (never quite got the hang of the protoss even if I liked them).
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2012, 09:43:18 pm »

Nethack. I love it, I really do, but I've never reached even close to Minetown.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2012, 09:58:29 pm »

I love Super Double Dragon, but I die on the fifth mission almost every time. (Goddamn superhuman clowns!) I'll beat it one day, I'm sure. In fact, most fighters like that are games I enjoy but cannot play for any sort of legume.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2012, 02:34:50 pm »

Eador is complete bullshit. Even easy cheats and makes limitless amounts of garrisons for the AI, while you don't get any garrisons.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2012, 04:38:59 pm »

I own ArmA 2 and the expansion, but I consistently get buttraped at the end of the first training mission. I've never actually played more than five minutes of the single-player campaign or online.
I was sort of like that when I first bought it, but as soon as you stop rushing to your objective and trying to rambo everything you'll see some improvement. If you take your time doing things, your survival rate will drastically improve.
That isn't really my issue. It's more about the enemy finding me before I find them.

[/quote]

change your graphic settings around to one of some default but not too low. arma series is one of those game where you shot at target that are 20 pixel high, so it makes one hell of a difference

Dokkir

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the earth, in the name of !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2012, 04:45:35 pm »

Pretty much any First Person Shooter, I love to play them with friends, but I'm the worst player ever!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2012, 05:16:00 pm »

Also any FPS. I'm always terrible and I only ever play the ones with some element of non-fps (ie: capturing shit) because that's all I'm good at.
Most RTSes.
HoMM. I always lost battles despite outnumbering and outgunning enemies.
Blood Bowl. The actual board game mode is just death to me, though the 'realistic' mode can be easy due to retarded AI.
Any point and click or text-based adventure game. I have not beat a single one without a walkthrough, though the only I've liked is the trilby series.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2012, 05:17:23 pm »

Eador is complete bullshit. Even easy cheats and makes limitless amounts of garrisons for the AI, while you don't get any garrisons.

There are ways for it to get the Garrison the way it does. Such as through treaties.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2012, 01:34:25 am »

I love Super Double Dragon, but I die on the fifth mission almost every time. (Goddamn superhuman clowns!) I'll beat it one day, I'm sure. In fact, most fighters like that are games I enjoy but cannot play for any sort of legume.
We should team up. I've beaten that game many a time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2012, 02:21:09 am »

ADOM & Crawl.

I'll get a win one of these days. One of these days...  :'(

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2012, 02:30:59 am »

ADOM & Crawl.

Add Nethack and Spelunky to that list, and I'm right there with ya, buddy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2012, 02:34:37 am »

ADOM & Crawl.

Add Nethack and Spelunky to that list, and I'm right there with ya, buddy.
Can anyone truly be good at Nethack and add IVAN to my list that games hard
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7