Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]

Author Topic: The Official Bay12 - 52 books challenge 2013  (Read 58061 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: The Official Bay12 - 52 books challenge 2013
« Reply #735 on: January 02, 2014, 09:14:12 pm »

Not published yet. Actually, not quite finished, either. I did my 50,000 words for NaNoWriiMo and have only had time for 10,000 since then. Still a little ways to go. But I'll finish it soon. Just haven't had time due to holidays and travel.

Rest assured, I'll definitely be bragging when it's done. : D

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 09, 2014, 12:20:10 pm »

Heh, I gave up somewhere around 12.

Did learn one important thing though - good books take a really long time to read. I mean the seriously good life changing stuff. It was worth abandoning this for some of those books, one of which took a few months of full effort to finish. I also learned to skim read and analyze good books quickly before reading thanks to this challenge though.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 13, 2014, 09:15:41 pm »

Well shoot, I forgot that this was the 2013 Bay12 book challenge for a few days there. Spent the last part of last year waiting for a book from the library (still waiting, I might add) and decided to start reading The Lord of the Rings. Got through book one, if you think of it as a six book series, but probably not within the year, so oh well.

Spoiler: 8/40 (click to show/hide)

Eight books...well, not nearly as many as I'd hoped to read. I'll try to keep it up at least though, seeing as that's probably a record for me.

Sorry for poking this old thread back to life for a moment, but I felt the need to think this out a little, so there you go. =P Happy new year people.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]