Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: SPACE HULK - BATTLE BROTHERS, ASSEMBLE! "MOAR HULK" The Emperor Cried!  (Read 16021 times)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK (HULK SPACE, SULK HPACE)
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2013, 04:55:56 am »

been fooling with some spacehulk clones today:

Steam Marines, free:  http://www.steammarines.com/

Templar Assault, free for Android:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.templars&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLnRyZXNlYnJvdGhlcnMuZ2FtZXMudGVtcGxhcnMiXQ..

There is also Alien Assault made by Teardown. You can find their website here. There are some mods on their forums that change the units into Warhammer Terminators. Closest thing I found to tabletop Space Hulk so far.

That said, I liked the RPS interview. It's clear they still need to nail down several game mechanics, but it is looking promising.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2013, 11:34:23 am »

Looks like they're even using the classic Blood Angels. Sweet!

Agreed. If I'd seen a Blood Raven (they are, look at the new article), I'd be forced to write some hate mail.

SPACE

HULK

WHICH GOD

SHOULD I BE THANKING

I suppose you could thank the Emperor, but there are at least 4 others that would probably take credit for it. :P

:P.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2013, 03:48:15 pm »

Agreed. If I'd seen a Blood Raven (they are, look at the new article), I'd be forced to write some hate mail.

Er, what? No, they're not.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2013, 03:50:08 pm »

You mean Blood Magpie, right?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2013, 03:59:01 pm »

Well actually, now i'm not so sure. I see some screen shots where they have a white right shoulder, and some shots where they do not. Grrrr. I don't see why GWS is so fucking attached to the Blood Ravens. I doubt they've ever pushed a single unit because of their existence.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2013, 04:01:31 pm »

Well, considering that Dawn of War (the first one) was my gateway into the Warhammer 40k/Fantasy settings and eventually led to me buying my first miniatures...yeah, I'd say they have :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2013, 04:13:36 pm »

Templar Assault, free for Android:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.templars&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLnRyZXNlYnJvdGhlcnMuZ2FtZXMudGVtcGxhcnMiXQ..

There is also Alien Assault made by Teardown. You can find their website here. There are some mods on their forums that change the units into Warhammer Terminators. Closest thing I found to tabletop Space Hulk so far.

That said, I liked the RPS interview. It's clear they still need to nail down several game mechanics, but it is looking promising.
here, have alien assault + 40k mods
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »

Hmm that looks interesting.. and its free.

here, have alien assault + 40k mods

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2013, 02:23:38 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/27/first-look-space-hulk/

An rps staffer gets a look at Space Hulk at GDC. Not too much new info but they feel assured it's going to be something special. The game will ship with a level editor as well.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2013, 02:30:23 pm »

Nice! Glad to hear it's coming along well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2013, 02:38:13 pm »

It would be nice if you had the option to play different chapters. I was trying to discern if the Terminators were Bloody Magpies, Blood Angels, or something else, and then I wondered about how the Red Thirst and Black Rage might play into things if they were Blood Angels. Definitely some potential to explore there.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2013, 02:51:35 pm »

I think every? GWS has done fans the square of letting them pick their chapter, at least in terms of the color scheme. That said, the SP portions always pick the Blood Ravens. It's usually done so they can have a consistent story to go with the MP.

So while I hope you can set the chapter color scheme in the SP....my guess is it's more likely you can pick it for one-off and MP games.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2013, 02:52:05 pm »

Should be blood angels. At least, the Terminator in one of the pictures had the blood drop between wings on his belt. So unless the Blood Ravens also stole that symbol from them, I think it's the Blood Angels.

I'd be cool with the Dark Angels as well, since they were in the first Space Hulk PC game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2013, 02:56:41 pm »

Should be blood angels. At least, the Terminator in one of the pictures had the blood drop between wings on his belt. So unless the Blood Ravens also stole that symbol from them, I think it's the Blood Angels.

It's is, but it's impossible to say what's allowed. I've long felt like the Blood Ravens are highly derivative anyways, so. Little would surprise me when it comes to their use in video games.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2013, 02:59:10 pm »

Possible. Of course, they're going off the Board Game which is a very specific story about the Blood Angels (including having names & whatnot for all the Terminators). While it's possible that GW would make them change it, I think it's more likely that we'll see the SP campaign, at least, match the board game as closely as possible.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11