Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: SPACE HULK - BATTLE BROTHERS, ASSEMBLE! "MOAR HULK" The Emperor Cried!  (Read 15987 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/10/space-hulk-space-hulk-space-hulk-space-hulk/

Even if there is literally nothing done to this besides a graphics upgrade and MP, I'm all about it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:55:05 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 01:29:07 pm »

Looks like they're even using the classic Blood Angels. Sweet!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 01:29:32 pm »

SPACE

HULK

WHICH GOD

SHOULD I BE THANKING
Shoes...

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 01:30:54 pm »

SPACE HULK

HULK SPACE

SPULK HACE

MORE HUMOROUS MISSPELLINGS
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 01:33:51 pm »

I have to admit the article made me laugh way harder than it should've. I blame university.

Other than that, pretty cool - I absolutely love the WH40k lore but I don't have the money and people to play anything other than the PC games, and I've heard pretty good stuff about Space Hulk. Hopefully it's turn based and/or runs on shitty Bulgarian laptops from 2009.

edit : oh, it is turn-based, as smarter people than me have probably already deduced. Sweet!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:36:44 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 01:34:49 pm »

Looks like they're even using the classic Blood Angels. Sweet!

Agreed. If I'd seen a Blood Raven, I'd be forced to write some hate mail.

SPACE

HULK

WHICH GOD

SHOULD I BE THANKING

I suppose you could thank the Emperor, but there are at least 4 others that would probably take credit for it. :P
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 01:37:04 pm »

Thank the God-Emperor of the Imperium of Man. It's more specific :P

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 01:42:11 pm »

SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK
FOR THE EMPEROR!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 01:44:40 pm »

You know what would be cool though. I've always wanted a Space Hulk adventure with something other than just Tyranids. Like, Space Hulk with warp monstrosities and daemons. I guess the whole system is built around Tyranids though, but I don't think it'd be that hard to modify.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:53:52 pm by nenjin »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK (HULK SPACE, SULK HPACE)
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 01:47:20 pm »

I played this exactly once, on a Wooden Table 4.1 operating system. So, it's a computer game too now? Cool.

Edit: SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:48:53 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 01:47:44 pm »

I've always wanted to see Space Hulk with other factions taking the Space Marine's role. Obviously with some rule edits.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 01:53:10 pm »

I played this exactly once, on a Wooden Table 4.1 operating system. So, it's a computer game too now? Cool.

Edit: SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK SPACE HULK

It's actually been a computer game for quite a while. There's an old DOS version IIRC and a PS1? version as well.

The PS1 version was pretty cool because it had a first person perspective, which really emphasized the fact you're a 12x8 foot guy in a 13x9 foot corridor.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 02:08:51 pm »

Two computer games, the first had Deathwing and was a mix of first person and overhead command.  Second had Blood Angels.  Dont know if you can get them as abandonware, GW is usually pretty watchful over their licensed properties.

There was also an indy game that was pretty much a direct remake of the board game, but they had to rename it to Alien Assault for legal reasons:  http://www.teardown.se/

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 02:12:19 pm »

I'm not... I'm not sure I understand. Is this from WH40K?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 02:18:36 pm »

I'm not... I'm not sure I understand. Is this from WH40K?
Yes. SPACE HULK are ancient, gigantic ships that have become lost to the Imperium. Most of SPACE HULK enter and exit the Warp at random and are filed with all manner of horrors, but they contain extremely valuable lost technology. Hence, Space Marines are sometimes sent onto SPACE HULK to recover these things, which has a tendency to go.....badly.

As for the nature of your enemies, SPACE HULK is easily large enough to contain most of the 40K factions, and most of them do in fact have a reason to be on SPACE HULK.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11