Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: SPACE HULK - BATTLE BROTHERS, ASSEMBLE! "MOAR HULK" The Emperor Cried!  (Read 15993 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK (HULK SPACE, SULK HPACE)
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2013, 03:01:16 pm »

Which again, brings me to wonder if they'll include the Red Thirst and Black Rage. It's not a non-issue, especially in a SPACE HULK.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2013, 10:18:02 am »

Which again, brings me to wonder if they'll include the Red Thirst and Black Rage. It's not a non-issue, especially in a SPACE HULK.

Doubt it. Chapter specific advantage/quirks tend to never appear in GWS computer games.

I mean, can you imagine if Space Wolves reflected their table top selves in any game they appeared in? They'd be broken as shit.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:06:18 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:33 am »

And while we're on the topic, have some GDC game footage.

Things:

-Those are Blood Angels, thank god the God-Emperor.
-There will be 2 player co-op versus the AI, in addition to hot seat versus and internet versus.
-They're planning to include customization of your terminator squads. Chapter color schemes, naming your units, unlocking visual customization options. It's unclear whether that's 1.0 or beyond.
-Release is tentatively Fall 2013.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:24:23 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK (HULK SPACE, SULK HPACE) - SEE SPACE HULK SEE
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2013, 12:11:58 pm »

I do not have sound because of some problems with my comp, but WTF, no movement animations?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK (HULK SPACE, SULK HPACE) - SEE SPACE HULK SEE
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2013, 12:15:45 pm »

It was mentioned in the video audio. It's the one thing they didn't work on prior to getting a demo up for GDC. They're on the way (with I assume more sfx and such.)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK (HULK SPACE, SULK HPACE) - SPEAK HULK
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2013, 02:18:44 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WH-aUbapQY&feature=player_embedded

Video Q&A with the developers of Full Control.

No earth-shattering revelations. There will be a prequel set of levels before the main game starts. CO-OP vs. the AI. Level editor is planned, as are expansions (time and sales willing.) New Chapters, New Campaigns, for as long as its feasible. Perhaps the biggest thing is that while Blood Angels will be the release chapter, the Deathwing/Dark Angels will most likely be added in an expansion.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK (HULK SPACE, SULK HPACE) - SPEAK HULK
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2013, 02:25:51 pm »

Ah, all good news. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK (HULK SPACE, SULK HPACE) - OVER THE SHOULDER HULK
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2013, 03:09:26 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWDsogo1F9U&feature=player_embedded

It's not a proper gameplay video. In fact, it's really quite poor even for an over the shoulder video. People are talking quiet, audio drops, the cameraperson has a hard time using the autofocus and it's not super watchable. But none the less, herein you can see the game being demo'd to the RPS staff at Rezzed, and when it's actually in focus, it looks and sounds quite gorgeous, right down to the heavy metallic tromp of your terminators walking through the Hulk when you move them. The game does present quite a bit like XCOM, particularly because of the glam cam kill shots and option to view the game from each individual terminator's perspective. That's what I love about quality GWS titles, is the commitment to the atmosphere and making sure you get to see it. Dawn of War made sure you could zoom down to admire your Space Marines and all their space finery, and these guys seem to be doing the same.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:31:33 pm by nenjin »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE HULK - PREPURCHASE HULK. The cleansing beings Aug. 15
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2013, 04:54:39 pm »

Brothers! The time is nigh. The foul SPACEHULK draws near, and you are called upon by the Immortal God Emperor of Mankind to don you holy Terminator Armor and march to battle!

The Immortal Emperor of Mankind has also used his galaxy spanning powers to make SPACE HULK available for pre-purchase on Steam for $30.

$30 is a weebit more than I was wanting to spend.....but being that I'm not a heretic, I'll spend it. The preorder bonus is....kind of sad actually. A banner pole graphic for MP and a Hive Fleet Kraken Genestealer skin. I don't doubt more DLC will follow it, but it seems curiously underwhelming.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2013, 05:00:14 pm »

Better than the preorder bonus being something important to have in order to play the game.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2013, 05:07:23 pm »

Yeah...but it'd be nice if it was something more impressive than that. At least cosmetically.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2013, 05:11:24 pm »

I'm guessing they're on a shoe string budget, based on the trailer. It just feels like "OBLIGATORY DLC". Nothing heretical about that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2013, 09:12:34 am »

Nothing heretical about that!  It reminds me of the good old days when companies didn't develop content, put it on the disk, and say "You can't have that content."

I'm excited!  This is the day the Emperor hath made!
Shoes...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2013, 09:42:11 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWDsogo1F9U&feature=player_embedded
Did anyone else notice that the guy in the background is wearing a pink watch?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2013, 09:50:20 am »

I am very excited about this. I absolutely love WH40k and the more PC adaptations of the stuff from it's universe the better. I am still praying to Tzeentch, Gork & Mork, the God-Emperor and the Starchild for a bloodbowl style (online peer to peer, persistent campaigns etc.) pc version of Necromunda and an RPG based on the inquisition (something like Dark Heresy) and the more WH40k stuff we get the more likely that is to eventually happen.

I approve of the hotseat versus play, could get very interesting indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11