- 0 (0%)
Pythagoras (Recovery ship)
- 0 (0%)
Julius (transforming drone)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 13, 2012, 01:24:40 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: You are a spaceship designer  (Read 24634 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a spaceship designer
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2012, 08:45:31 pm »

i know that. but say we design a mod for one.
We what?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2012, 08:51:04 pm »

we make a modification for something we have already made. or we make an add-on for one.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2012, 08:51:54 pm »

So, any kind of consensus? :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2012, 08:54:27 pm »

i think the drone has a yes. as for the others... its just the designer of it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2012, 08:58:23 pm »

Why worry about that now?
Make like a major software developer and patch on bugfixes later.
Or, make like a good software developer and make sure it works well for its intended purposes before release.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2012, 09:01:04 pm »

I know EM voted for the VAT, as did I.
I also like the Hiram for after we finish the other projects.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2012, 09:03:30 pm »

Yeah, we should make prototypes of all of them.
Well, suggest making prototypes of all of them.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2012, 09:13:27 pm »

Agreed.

Could someone list all the ideas that have been suggested?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2012, 10:30:26 pm »

oculus sensor drone (with and without tight beam)
Valhalla atmospheric transport
Mirror drone
Solar sail cargo ship
Hiram railgun drone
Lux laser ship

I think that's everything.

Prototypes might take up too many resources, but we could do computer sims.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2012, 10:34:14 pm »

Suggestion: Record general ideas of all those, then send to our bosses and ask which sounds most useful to them. Ask why, nicely. They know the situation better than we do.
Sig

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2012, 10:53:19 pm »

Suggestion: Record general ideas of all those, then send to our bosses and ask which sounds most useful to them. Ask why, nicely. They know the situation better than we do.
Or do some preliminary design on all of them(using, say, 1 month), and presenting them to the bosses for direction. Anyway they need to bring up with some kind of navy doctrine for us to decide what kind of ships are useful.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2012, 11:06:21 pm »

I prefer this one.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2012, 11:06:53 pm »

Or do some preliminary design on all of them(using, say, 1 month), and presenting them to the bosses for direction. Anyway they need to bring up with some kind of navy doctrine for us to decide what kind of ships are useful.
One month total, or one month each?
With half a dozen ship/drone ideas, giving each 14 man/days would require 84 man/days divided up among 4 people, to 21 days per person. Give each design to a two-person team and have them each work on a basic design for a week, and we'll be through in three weeks and ready to ask what we should make.

I prefer this one.
Thanks.
Sig

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2012, 11:17:20 pm »

With half a dozen ship/drone ideas, giving each 14 man/days would require 84 man/days divided up among 4 people, to 21 days per person. Give each design to a two-person team and have them each work on a basic design for a week, and we'll be through in three weeks and ready to ask what we should make.

I prefer this one.
Thanks.
Total, of course. We can also have a better understanding of our capabilities in drafting such designs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2012, 11:19:00 pm »

I prefer this one.
Thanks.
Total, of course. We can also have a better understanding of our capabilities in drafting such designs.
Sounds like a plan.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31