Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 87756 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Yeah, the ice will melt, so we replace it with...

MIIIICCRRROOOOCCCLLLIIIINNNEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Uh, bump?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Amberjewel fortress records, 3rd Malachite 93

The new Baron has started throwing tantrums, culminating in a vicious shirt whipping that bruised an armourers bone.

That shirt must have been hurled with some malice.  Hurriedly the dwarves made plans to enlarge the microcline grotto to appease their Baron, and so hopefully avoid further bone-beatings with ragged clothing.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Real life has taken over this past week, so I'm gonna try to power through as much as I can in the next couple of hours and then upload.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5th Malachite 93

This was long overdue...

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Poor The Mad One. You know that we can advance to be a duchy, etc, and become the Mountainhomes, even without a living Baron, right?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

AWESOME!
OK, I spent far too long making that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[EDIT]/comstructive update!

Poor The Mad One. You know that we can advance to be a duchy, etc, and become the Mountainhomes, even without a living Baron, right?
Well, that's good, at least.
Does anyone know if it's possible to make Urist a vampire via convoluted DFHacking, so he will live forever as the mad, flute-related saviour of the fort?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:11:01 am by InsanityIncarnate »

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

6th Malachite 93

I couldn't write this shit even if I tried...

Reflexive Yeti-bone art!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AWESOME!
OK, I spent far too long making that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[EDIT]/comstructive update!

Well, that's good, at least.
Does anyone know if it's possible to make Urist a vampire via convoluted DFHacking, so he will live forever as the mad, flute-related saviour of the fort?

Hehe, what about... and this is just thinking out loud... not interring the Mad One and letting his ghost roam the fortress?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Hmm, both ideas have merit, but I like the ghost idea better. It would be even better if Urist's ghost was a non-standard one: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Ghost

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clint's Log, 10th Galena 93

When I took over the fort was running smoothly, we had more wealth than a dwarf could shake a pick at, and the tomb was content.  In less than two short seasons we have hit new highs and sunken to new depths.  The joyous news that our founder and leader was to be a Baron was quickly tempered by the actualization of a suspicion long held - that only someone truly insane would embark on a glacier, and only the foolish would follow such a dwarf into what he termed, "our glorious blue tomb".  He now wanders the halls with only a right mitten and a right sock, muttering to himself, silencing dwarffolk in his wake.

The beating he administered shortly before his fall into insanity seems to have infected the minds of the commoners.  In another fit of clothing rage, an innocent cat was savagely beaten to death by an unknown miscreant.

If I cannot protect the cats, I must resign my post as overseer and militia commander, in shame.  For posterity I leave the Yeti Pits...

On the left is the training area.  The walls and floor are ice-coated, because I felt it would make the yetis more relaxed to be in a familiar environment, even if it is under several thousand dorf-tons of rock.  (This took an ungodly amount of time to construct since the ice melted on-the-freaking-way to the room, so the masons would often arrive with a puddle of cold water in their hands, look at it dumbly and then cancel the job).  To the right of the yeti pens are rooms for the Yeti Whisperers (who may pass on their title to their children, Yeti Children), and a dining hall with adjacent prepared food and drink stockpiles.  They have no other labours enabled other than animal training.

A future overseer may wish to move other animals into the same training area, or expand on the number of trainers.  Oh, and please remove me from my post, and just have me as a regular recruit in the macedwarves.  If the Mad One dies, I was thinking his corpse might be hauled into his grotto which is then sealed.

The mayors pissed me off with their demands so I refused to meet their demands.

If The Mad One perishes of his insanity, which the Chief Medical Dwarf tells me is likely, I wish him all the best in the afterlife, and hope he doesn't rip out my lungs.

The save file.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:41:59 am by hermes »

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile

bumping this.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who's next in line?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Should be in my OP.

Semi-pre-emptive fake edit: Yes, I am too lazy to check...

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kalemyr Skyfire, Amberjewel needs YOU!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36