Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 86114 times)

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile

Make a cage trap and try to capture the colossus!
Only when (if?) it kills lasher, what I'm doubt about... Looks like foreigners never tire, thrist or hunger, unlike our dwarves, so they can fight forever. So far lasher is in perfect condition and get more and more experience, while colossus is all broken and crawling in snow with broken legs. I don't think we need such a cripple!
Wait, I thought Bronze Colossus were trap-avoid?

Insanity, do you mind moving my turn to after hermes?
I'm sort of busy...
No, they aren't. They only are if you embark on their shrine.
Strange, then I must have them mixed up with some other megabeast.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile

No megabeasts trapavoid unless you embark on their shrines.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile

No megabeasts trapavoid unless you embark on their shrines.
Okay in that case, I think I have megabeasts mixed up with forgotten beasts.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forgotten beasts do indeed have trapavoid. Also demons, among other things.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

All this trapavoid nonsense is nonsensical. Deploy the war yetis! And I'm updating the OP! Hooray!

Also...

Journal of the Mad One, Today
Peregar gave me a room full of microcline! It's wonderful, magical, marvellous and majestically microclinical! I shall make flutes! For the glory of Amberjewel! For the glory of Uvaz! For the glory of Armok!

And diary, you never told me about the bronze colossus outside! You're so mean, diary. I heard it had its ass handed to it by a human. Haha, a human beat it! We need war yetis to kill the human. I don't like him. I want him to be drowned in flutes! Flutes of microcline! MIIICCRRRROOOCCLLIIIINNNEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so Urist is losing is mind. I say we build a catapult to launch flutes at people. And we need war polar bears.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tirion's journal

91 Summer

Our wise leader Peregar expanded our farming, has laid the foundations of a magma-powered metal industry, and the miners under his guidance found Adamantine. We also seem to have found some copper ore, so we have started produscing bronze at last. I still remember how to hold a spear, used it to kill a few giant animals in my days in the Mountainhomes. If this is what it takes to keep my family safe, I'd gladly become a full-time soldier here.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

I say we build a catapult to launch flutes at people. And we need war polar bears.
You mean minecart shotgun? never built it before.
Also there were no polar bears, sadly
to keep my family safe, I'd gladly become a full-time soldier here.
Well, okay. I'll make new squad of axe, sword and spear dwarves
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

1st Moonstone, 91
Dear Diary.
Ir's winter. No change in weather though.
Colosus still fights with caravan guard with the same profit. Some dwarves wanter to build cage traps and capture the colossus... what a nonsence! I's rather captured that human.

Tirion volunteered for new squad leader. For the great glory - The Armor Fangs! They should arm with spears, swords and axes, so far there are two swordsdwarves and three speardwarves. We'll make some bronze armor for you.

Liaison made the agreement. He says thet our mountainhome feels need in pants, earrings and large gems. We'll see...

21st Moonstone
Dear diary
Some child was inspired by some fey! He claimed Mad One's craftshop and demands bones. Okay, we will butcher some cats here.

Human lasher finally shows his over-extersion. He falls down for a second, but the crippled colossus didn't managed to land a hit on him. yet.

2nd Opal
Colossus wins! It crushed lasher's head in one blow when he dropped on the cround. But then there came dwarven guards. Go on, guys, show that statue how dwarves fight!

9th Opal
Hooray! A swordsdwarf cut colossus' arm off! Three limbs to go left!

16th Opal
And finally the Swordmaster cut the colossus in halves. All that left is a masterwork bronze statue of werebull, and two pieces of bronze. We'll make use of that statue, I think.

2nd Obsidian, 91
Thikut made his creation!

26th Obsidian, 91
We made first adamantine weapon! And studded it with gold, for the luxurity. Delicious!
Tirion was the first who claimed it:

He even haven't put on his armor rushing to the forge. I clearly understand his feelings...

Sadly, it's a Spring again, my dear diary. I'm off from overseer position to do mundane work.. Oh, I have Something to cheer me up in those cold days.

Some sketches and explanations:

Remember that orthoclase lever.

I wanted every adamantine piece to be studded with gold.

We captures a few yetis, they are quite good training partners, so use them.

Save will be there just when dffd gets up.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

zimer02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to take a turn at this, and a dwarf please

Zimer02, Zimer, Preferably male,

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

You're slaughtering yetis to train the militia? Huh. I still want my war polar bears.

Journal of the Mad One, Today
An adamantine spear? Peregar had our smiths make an adamantine spear!? What a waste of resources, diary... what a waste. But we know what to do, don't we, diary? Yeeesssss.... KILL THAT RANDOM KID WHO STOPPED ME FROM MAKING FLUTES!!! I HATE HIM!! I HATE HIM!!

But we don;t wan anyone to know, do we, diary? Nooooo.... it must be done in seecrreeettt... heheheheheeee....

And Tirion! That foul m-migrant! HE STOLE MY TOMB FROM ME!!

I suppose it's back to making flutes, then. See you, diary!
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That poor megabeast ;(

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Im totally ready to go next, and if i might offer a suggestion. If DFFD is down, i recommend either http://www.mediafire.com/ or http://www.eve-files.com/. Technically the second is only for eve online related files, but as i have my dwarf fortress folder in the middle of my eve online folder, i use it anyway (plus the files are on the order of a couple dozen megs, rather than several Gigabytes (the standard file size on there)).

Also, im gonna have nothing to do with adamantine mining/processing (I feel that it is a bit too much like cheating). I forsee a LOT of steel production in our future!
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tirion's Journal

Winter, 91

Overseer Peregarrett chose me to lead the new squad of melee dwarves. It's actually axe and spear mixed in one squad, which personally I'd prefer to be two smaller squads, each with homogenous equipment. We'll have some bronze armor, and I managed to obtain the most wonderful weapon, an exceptional adamantine spear that manaces with spikes of gold. I'll use it to kill many enemies, and I'll find a name worthy of it!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile

We should put that statue at the fortress gates, since it's the remains of the colossus and will amply demonstrate what happens to things that annoy us.  Wall it off with constructed fortifications so the trolls don't topple our masterpiece of watching the agonies of a creature that cannot feel pain.

Or we could just stick it somewhere to be admired and produce happy thoughts.  That works too.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I want the statue in the gatehouse area. Maybe between the two doors just beyond the trade depot?
Or, we could put it inside a microcline room, surround it with flutes and give it offerings.

I like option B.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36