Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 86091 times)

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cmega has created Damoldesgir, a Diorite Bed.
Oval Diorite cabochons, encircled with bands of oval diorite cabocons and goblin-cap. Spikes of pig tail fiber and roper reed fiber. Image of cyclops in clear garnet. Image of Singedontch the adamantine battle axe in alpaca wool. Image of whip vines in rope reed fiber. Image of round brilliant cut gems in clear tourmaline.

Artifact bed, not bad.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY BONE CROSSBOWS!?

Why? Why?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

Forgotten beast bone crossbows are just dwarfy.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was halfway though obsidian last night and my computer crashed.  Well, not really crashed, the power cable got brushed up against and it unplugged.  Anyway, I lost all progress, including that sexy diorite bed.

Take 2 coming soon.  I may do pictures this time.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
NOT THE BED!
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Diorite door! Menaced with copper spiker relating to the spiking of some old goblin!

It isn't a bed, but it'll do.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah. Artifact door? Labyrinth.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm done.

I can't get DF to run AJ anymore. I was partway through spring. Dwarves have started mass dumping large amounts of trash (and creatures!) down a ~100 zlvl trash chute into the magma sea.  We fought off an ambush (read: everything got cagetrapped and then we pitched them down a pit.) Amberjewelled is struggling. Stuff outside is forbidden until the huge backlog of inside garbage is incinerated.

We proudly have a ~30 coffin surplus right now.

The 3 minecart trap is disabled as we clean out the rooms of garbage (specifically, the vehicles were unassigned.) That, and dwarves were killing themselves pushing carts around.

I haven't messed with the labyrinth except to add the artifact door. Some other intrepid overseer can set up minotaur vs other creatures.

The asshole mayor demanded a lay pewter chest in his room. Dick. He was assigned to rush outside to take on the goblin ambush, but did not make it in time.

I moved the mortuary to an area with more stones.

Save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7835

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

I would take a shot, but I am triple backlogged...
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there anybody who would like to take a turn?

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, there is nobody in the line... so, go on, grab the save and lead Amberjewel to the glory.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Hmmm... Where did Insanity Incarnate go? He could sort out this mess, probably
I HAVE RETURNED! BASK IN MY GLORY.

Is there anybody who would like to take a turn?
Me. ;D
GO FORTH, MY CHILD. MAKE THE TOMB A WORTHY PLACE FOR BURIAL.

Sorry can't take a turn for 24 hours. Will explain later.
WAIT, WHAT?

OH, SON OF A...
This guy knows what's up. I think.

Also, the quote appears to be self-referencing. Which is a sign: We shall wait until 24 hours have elapsed, and if Cmega Three has not returned, I shall take upon myself the task of leading Amberjewel to crystalline victory.

and given my success rate in succession games, DON'T FAIL US CMEGA3!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 04:54:10 am by InsanityIncarnate »

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile

I'm kind of amazed this place is still going.  Somehow, I think that if and when Amberjewel finally falls, it'll be to a yeti uprising.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

A working hospital?

impossible in dwarf fortress.
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Guys, someone else needs to take a turn. Apparently, AmberJewel hates my graphics pack. i downloaded it, inserted the pack in the save, and loaded AmberJewel up.
In the first screen everything was normal, checked around. When I thouhgt I knew enough to get started, I unpaused. I got a message: "chief medical dwarf cancels release small creature:"
and DF crashed. Tried again, with the same results. Guys, i seriously think we have a mad doctor in our fort who somehow discovered he lives in a Matrix and ruined the save so we couldn't control him.
He then implanted a small creature, which, when released, causes an exception, which crashes the game, letting him out into the real world (think like the phones in the Matrix movie).

We have a problem.
HE'S RELEASING VERMIN INTO THE REAL WORLD!!

OK, downloading the save now. If nothing else, I can provide some semblance of insanity until a new player turns up.

Same thing happens on my computer. It might be a tileset issue; seeing as my tileset is completely bugged out, but more likely it's DF crapping out over the absurd number of coffins.
Seriously. How many coffins...

[EDIT] Quick calculations in my head (because I can't check the Stocks screen, DF just crashes) are indicative of roughly 300 coffins.
Most of which are filled with several body parts, no doubt. Dwarf bones for everyone!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 12:27:40 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36