Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 86111 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh hell, it's my turn.
PaintedCrypts has to wait a few days more...

Good to see you continue this.
Also, I did some digging around in Legends Viewer, the goblin civ we have a fight with is low on manpower, but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:37:46 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh gawd, Bumble has a family? How can he tametrap and eat yetis and live in caves with brats to care for... ;)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:17:03 am by Bogre »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh gawd, Bumble has a family? How can he tame yetis and live in caves with brats to care for... ;)

I'm afraid he can't, those dangerous tasty building-smashing lumps of fur are too smart to be domesticated. Which is a pity, they'd be potent war animals seeing how the combat with the vampire went.

Speaking of combat vs dangerous stuff: the world populations are listed below.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Journal of Peregar the bookeeper
1st Granite, 91
Dear Diary.
As the most sane person among this crowd I was chosen as the Overseer of this frozen hole in the middle of yeti-dwelled snowy planes. Just the best place I ever wanted to live in. That was sarcasm. And that was the most clever decision they ever made. "Cause I have urge to bring this place to glory and power, to make the name of AmberJewel thunder all across the land!

So, first my order should be - dig down and find us some warm magma!!! Period.
And you others - utilize that coal that piles in the garbage with dead lizards. No, I don't know why it is there.

3rd Granite
Miners dug into second cavern. Go on digging and seal all with walls. We do not care about cavern stuff, for now.
Also they struck cassiterite veins. If we find copper ore, we'd can armor our military in bronze! that's not bad, I think.

12th Granite.
Miners struck microcline.
... Feylers, mah love, can you please NOT announce me about EVERY boulder you dug there?! Thank you kindly.

12th Granite, Updated
WHOA! Feylers, that the great news!!! A spire of adamantine was found at the third cavern, it's more than 15 Urists high, as we can see, and who knows how deep it goes!! Feylers, my love.. we will be legendary rich!!

4th Slate, 91
Miners finally reached the magma sea. Now they are digging magma tank for our forges, and then we can start digging adamantine!

Other news, we're making artificial farm zone, and our weaponsmiths are making silver hammers, just to raise up their skill before starting adamantine work. Oh, I'm so exited about it, dear diary!

20th Slate
Dear Diary,
We have more migrants, 4 citizens and 4 children with them. Good, we suffer from lack of miners.

19th Felsite, 91
We've done with magma forges, and smelting every ore we have.
Elves came, I hope they have some sunshine for me. I miss it soooo much in this place... when we get rich, we will take baths of sunshine!

15th Hematite, 91
Diary, they had NO sunshine!!! and no sun berries either!
We took their other plants, wood and animals - emu and giant armadillo. Just for fun
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 02:47:48 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tirion's journal

Early spring, 91

My uncle wrote about the Yetis, he even shot one dead. When the rest of the family: Myself, my wife Moldath Portalliving animal trainer, our 4 year old daughter Uvash Dikemine, and my parents came on the 17th of Sandstone in 90, we were lucky enough to miss them, though. The fortress is prospering against all odds, there had been only 2 deaths so far, and one was confirmed a vampire when he didn't die even with a broken spine- at least I read that dwarves ought to suffocate if that happens.

It's still quite a lawless place, though- no fortress guard at all, and only now has an overseer been appointed. Good, I want order and safety in the place where my daughter will grow up.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dear Diary
We've just dug first raw adamantine! Obviously the spire continues up to the cavern ceiling, and goes down to magma sea for about 30 urists total! That doubles our future outcome!
I've sent a bunch of useless milkers, glazers, fis workers and so on to extract strands. Someone has to do that, so it's you.

Oh, sure I took cautions. The spire can be sealed with raising orthoclase bridge, and the lever was set at the dining hall. When we dig out large section, I'll set there a room for most arrogant noble.

Smiths are making silver bolts, furnaces are smelting all ore we have here, some hauler was spittled by magma crab. No injures, that guy dodged everything. I guess we should sela  thhat stair.
New farms were built and planted. Now we'll get any possible underground crop.
Craftsdwarves encrust everything with bones, jewellers cut every gem we dug out, we're waiting for caravan to come. We sure need a few more anvils! How can we train all our smiths in a single forge? Impossible!
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC: hint: you can cut all stone, including microcline into gems now. Better train the gemcutters and setters with low-value stuff  ;D

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC: hint: you can cut all stone, including microcline into gems now. Better train the gemcutters and setters with low-value stuff  ;D
With those thousands of gems? Lol. And what should I do with that shitload of cut microcline? Only minecart shotgun comes to mind...

Only skills that needed there are strand extracting and armor/weaponsmithing. Maybe metalcrafters, since I want to try studding adamantine armor and weapon with gold and silver.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I, uh, didn't check this thread for two days and we've gone through a whole turn? Why, cruel fate, why!?
Also, Urist McCrazy gets angry sometimes, I suppose:

Journal of the Mad One, Sometime Recently
So much has happened lately. A year has passed, and the number of Armok-damned migrants has quadrupled! I HATE THEM!! They came to my fortress, and that sodding Tirion took away from me my right to rule this frozen wasteland! Curse him!

Wait, we found microcline!? Awesome! I've always wanted a microcline flute! Or a mircrocline bracelet would be nice. Or a microcline barrel full of sewer brew!

And guess what other rocks that Tirion found, Avuz smite him, diary? ADAMANTINE. Everyone is praising our oh-sogreat leader for finding BLUE ROCKS. SODDING BLUE ROCKS.

I won't have this... I will not have this....
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2nd Sandstone, 91
Dear Diary.
Urist, who's being called The Mad One drove me to anger with his ideas about microcline. He followed me everywhere and mumbled and mumbled about micricline flutes and such.
"FINE!" - finally I said - "You'll get your microcline stuff!"
I ordered to dig a room above adamantine spire and fill it with microcline boulders. Let him make his own microcline stuff, I don't want to see him anymore.

Other good news - we started making adamantine wafers, we trade with humans for anvils and other stuff. Unfortunately, their guild representative got caught by yeti.

We got another pack of migrants. Two adults and six! children! Oh, I think goblin snatchers can come here too soon.

Lot the leatherworker claimed a workshop and demanded bones. I ordered our militia station into pit room and pitted two yetis from above. Those creatures are quick in opening doors! Militia had to chase them over the barracks, but finally everything was done. After corpses butchering Lor will get his bones.

6th Sandstone
Ooops.

After a few hours of fight lasher is still alive and healthy, while colossus is covered with cracks everywhere. I wander if copper whip can kill it after all. So far human dodged all attacks, but it can't go on forever...

9th Sandstone
Lor finished his creation

Lasher still fights with colossus. He mastered his skill at that target... I think we should NOT war with humans, if their fighters can easily survive such an enemy...

12th Timber
Dear diary
Tired of watching the fight of lasher and bronzie, we returned to our common tasks. Smelting, forging, brewing and so on.
We almoss finished armoring our squad fully in bronze, and made thirty spiked silver balls. We could make traps or sell them...

And then dwarven traders came! Hooray!

What requests do we have? Steel and lye, I think.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:28:04 pm by peregarrett »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC: Suggestion for use of adamantine: Battle axes. We have the soldiers for that.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile

Make a cage trap and try to capture the colossus!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC: Suggestion for use of adamantine: Battle axes. We have the soldiers for that.
Sure thing. Also swords and some spears. But I want them to be masterwork...

Only when (if?) it kills lasher, what I'm doubt about... Looks like foreigners never tire, thrist or hunger, unlike our dwarves, so they can fight forever. So far lasher is in perfect condition and get more and more experience, while colossus is all broken and crawling in snow with broken legs. I don't think we need such a cripple!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:41:36 pm by peregarrett »

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile

Only when (if?) it kills lasher, what I'm doubt about... Looks like foreigners never tire, thrist or hunger, unlike our dwarves, so they can fight forever. So far lasher is in perfect condition and get more and more experience, while colossus is all broken and crawling in snow with broken legs. I don't think we need such a cripple!
Wait, I thought Bronze Colossus were trap-avoid?

Insanity, do you mind moving my turn to after hermes?
I'm sort of busy...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:21:55 pm by Kalemyr Skyfire »
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile

Wait, I thought Bronze Colossus were trap-avoid?

Insanity, do you mind moving my turn to after hermes?
I'm sort of busy...
No, they aren't. They only are if you embark on their shrine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36