Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 87540 times)

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I forgot to say something important: we now have a domesticated yeti child!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which would be way more awesome if not for the "fortress-born creatures remain pygmies" bug  >:(
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which would be way more awesome if not for the "fortress-born creatures remain pygmies" bug  >:(

Haha, the yeti child is great news, but I can't believe that bug!  If so, this would be the first time a bug has kinda annoyed me  :-\

Also, nice updates Njals.  :)
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Yay!
That means I can play!
Can I?
Can I pleeease?
Knock yourself out! Not literally, but, y'know, in spirit.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OP please update the turn list on the first page and add me to it.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, we gave joeclark a chance to return and slothen had requested also requested a spot on the ticket. Lets hold on for a sec. Cmega, have you started yet?

Also, I can't get the save to work. Anyone else had a look yet, or is it just me?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:53:17 pm by edgefigaro »

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got the save to work, but I haven't done anything.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Ah, acronyms. There's a TV Tropes page on them, but I won't post a link for fear of killing the thread.

OP please update the turn list on the first page and add me to it.
The first page is seven kinds of out-of-date. Please don't refer to it for anything.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah i looked at the fortress, noticed quite a few things.  One was yetis and cats fighting in an enclosed room.  The other was that the labyrinth in one area is directly below a flooded cavern area, so damp stone cancellation spam is going to be a bitch.
Thoughts on water

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah i looked at the fortress, noticed quite a few things.  One was yetis and cats fighting in an enclosed room.  The other was that the labyrinth in one area is directly below a flooded cavern area, so damp stone cancellation spam is going to be a bitch.
Yeah, I had no spare attention to manage animals and was afraid of creating more snafu, so I just ignored them. Let's think about this as a sort of danger room for yetis: the fittest should be somewhat stronger now at the expense of some unlucky cats.

As for damp stone, you can edit announcements.txt temporarily to remove announcement IIRC.

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

However, since somehow the front gates are closed, I need to build another drawbridge to help us get outside. This also means progress on the ADT is null.
Our entrance is controlled by 2 levers (the leftmost and the second leftmost on the first pic here). There are some description of existing stuff as well. You can press Shift+N to read notes in-game.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Aw, geez. We really should have made more plans for expansion. Maybe a Hall of Levers so not everything is insanely confusing.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Worry guys, no posts for the weekend. I'll continue as soon as my new AlienWare comes in (about Monday) because my old computer is on the brink of death (It can't rum any game for more than 30 min. Before it just shuts down. Let's just say, the place where I live in is hot, ao the battery became a !!BATERY!!.
Ouch.

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we get a status report?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36