Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 87753 times)

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile

It is not a bug, it is a feature.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

OK Tirion, I forgive you.

It is not a bug, it is a feature.
They're synonymous in DF.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

zimer02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately I have been slaking on the updates due to school but I will assure you that updates will be posted by the end of today

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile

yay, hopefully things are going well and haven't descended into a spiral due to that last ambush of goblins.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I'd forgotten about this thread. Is that bad of me?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

zimer02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately most of the pictures got lost but a few made it

Here lies a journal bound by yeti leather, it is studded with gold

5th Limestone 94:

Great news, the man who died was not my father actually, it was just some dwarf who my advisor somehow thought it was my father,

15th Limestone 94:

Uber_pye has been possessed! I think, he running around saying some strange name in the dark, then again he normally does that

15th Limestone 94:

After finally being fed up with the compliants from dwarves that the gobbos are calling them insulting names, I decided to sick the military after them, they waiting near the gate waiting for me to pull the gate

17th Limestone 94:

After two days of organizing I got the military to muster at the gate, I ordered them to wait for the gobbos to charge at them.

18th Limestone

I can barely believe I have to call all of these bloodclots "the military"

First, the gate opened, two dwarves got a little anxious and charged ahead, that's to be expected. They eventually were getting they're ass kicked so I sent the rest of the military out. Half of the dwarves decided to jump off the bridge, fall on their ass, and let the gobbos get some hit's in and killed two dwarves before the competent half came in and saved the day.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
13th Sandstone:

Good news everybody, Uber_pye made an adamantine crossbow! while I wish he did it with something less valuable it's still worth the gold.
17th Timber:

A kobold has almost infiltrared this barren Glacier to steal our stuff, despite the fact there's stuff outside worth value he has to come into this crowded hell hole

18th: Timber:

A caravan from some fort has arrived, there's not much that we need so I traded them some stuff for all of their booze

I'd forgotten about this thread. Is that bad of me?
Don't worry, I occasionaly forget that I'm supposed to do a journal  ;)

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile

Oooh, artifact adamantine crossbow.  Perfect weapon for fortress guard: deadly at long range, virtually useless in beatings.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oooh, artifact adamantine crossbow.  Perfect weapon for fortress guard: deadly at long range, virtually useless in beatings.
It is too bad it was only possession. i wanted to be the almighty bowyer

X-MAS TIME!!!!!

zimer02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2013, 09:11:02 pm »

here it is the last of my story! Winter wasn't very exciting through :(

Here lies a journal titled AmberJewel bound in yeti leather, on the journal lies a picture of AmberJewel the journal

19th Moonstone 94:

Not much is happening so I've decided to train most of the peasants into doing something other than being a leach
18th Obsidian 94:

Another bloody forgotten beast has decided to come to the fort, I swear we will never be able to explore this place.
1st Granite 95:

As I was told by my official I can finally leave this hellish position to someone else! I can set back and watch as someone else deals with the  gobbos, the king, and everything in between.

I will get the save up As soon as I figure out how to.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
Re: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]
« Reply #189 on: February 06, 2013, 05:41:36 am »

toss me into the end of the queue to be an overseer. This should be !!Fun!! since i started when the fort was young
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2013, 03:01:57 pm »

Right, someone remind me to update that at some point.

zimer02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2013, 03:52:44 pm »

Finally after delay, here it is the save for amberjewel

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7391

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2013, 02:50:10 am »

Finally after delay, here it is the save for amberjewel

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7391
Hooray! It is now uber_pye's turn, according to my out-of-date listamajig.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »

ok i got the save and will start doing things on the week ends

X-MAS TIME!!!!!

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2013, 06:41:39 pm »

I want to sign up for a turn!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36