Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 87749 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Kalemyr Skyfire, Amberjewel needs YOU!
Did anyone send him a message?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did anyone send him a message?

Not yet.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile

So sorry guys, but you're going to have to skip me.

Peregarrett, I have to be honest; there was more characters in the title than the actual message...
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's up to Tevish Szat, then.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile

So be it.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Engraved on this wall is an image of the fortress of Amberjewel by 'Tevish Szat' Shimmerworked.  Amberjewel is teeming with children and animals.  This engraving relates to the state of Amberjewel in late summer 93.

Engraved on this wall is an image of domestic animals and a dwarf by 'Tevish Szat' Shimmerworked.  The domestic animals are making plaintive gestures.  The Dwarf is laughing.  This image relates to the mass-butchering of useless animals in the late summer of 93 in Amberjewel.

Engraved on this wall is an image of dwarves and humans by 'Tevish Szat' Shimmerworked.  The Dwarves are striking down the humans.  This image relates to the siege of Amberjewel in Late Summer 93.  (Having never dealt with a human siege before, I was terrified of what they might bring to bear, and didn't screenshot it.  It wasn't much of a siege:  one squad of humans, seven of which were slain at the cost of one dwarf.  Humans shoved off.)

Engraved on this wall is an image of pyramids by 'Tevish Szat' Shimmerworked.  This image relates to the decision of the overseer of Amberjewel to construct a massive, ice-cased pyramid in Late Summer 93.

(I'm using Rock Salt blocks for the interior walls right now, but one thing is obvious... I'm going to need a LOT more ice.  I was going to make a solid pyramid at first, but there;s zero chance of that getting done in my reign and a huge chance of dwarves getting sealed into the walls, so I went with a hollow center.  Anyone who wants to fill it in with rubble or luxury apartments will, of course, be welcome to do so in future years.

Also, I've ordered crafts be made, and our ores be smelted.  Furthermore, I've put gold statues on Repeat so we can have a nice royal abode when the time comes.)

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those food stockpiles are quite low, considering the size of the population.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(The bad news is that the food stocks are also declining.  the good news is that, as of winter, I found out most of our fields weren't producing in spring or winter and ordered up some plump helmets.)

Engraved on this wall is an image of Erith Gebbomrek the dwarf and Urrithunal the alder blowgun by 'Tevish Szat' Shimmerworked.  Erith Gebbomrek is lifting up Urrithunal. This image relates to the creation of Urrithunal the alder blowgun by Erith Gebbomrek the dwarf in Mid-Autumn 93.

(He was possessed, too, so I got NOTHING useful out of this mood)

Engraved on this wall is an image of the Overseer of Amberjewel by 'Tevish Szat' Shimmerworked.  The overseer is throwing a tantrum.  This image relates to the glacial slowness of both traders and haulers in the late autumn of 93.

(it's winter now, and most goods have not yet been hauled to the depot.  On the plus side, ice extraction and the construction of the ice pyramid is going well.  I should get another floor or two done before spring.)

Engraved on this wall is an image of the Overseer of Amberjewel by 'Tevish Szat' Shimmerworked.  The overseer is throwing a tantrum.  This image relates to the fact that not all the tattered clothing in Amberjewel could be hauled to the trade depot before traders wanted to depart in early winter 93.

(I had to cancel a LOT of hauling.  If we still have elves trading, the next overseer should unload the junk on them  I'm lucky I got trading in at all, though ,with how late in the season the merchants arrived.  Made some offerings and dumped some of the ratty clothes that got to the depot before winter hit)

Engraved on this wall is an image of meat and dwarves by 'Tevish Szat' Shimmerworked.  The meat is surrounded by the dwarves.  This image relates to the great bounty of meat brought by traders from The Ageless Tomes to Amberjewel in Early Winter 93

(they also brought some cloth, leather, and wood... but precious little to drink)

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Engraved on this wall is an image of Kol Lolokimik the dwarf and Odzanos the rock salt millstone by 'Tevish Szat' Shimmerworked.  Kol Lolokimik is lifting up Odzanos.  This image relates to the creation of Odzanos the rock salt millstone by the dwarf Kol Lolokimik in mid winter 93

(At least we got a legendary mason out of this one.)

Engraved on this wall is an image of the Tevish Szat the Overseer by 'Tevish Szat' Shimmerworked.  Tevish Szat looks dejected.  This image relates to the removal of Tevish Szat from the post of Overseer of Amberjewel in early spring 94.

STUFF THAT HAPPENED
We got Sieged by humans.  It was pathetic this time, but I don't doubt they'll be back.  Bought out an entire dwarven caravan for worthless crafts, loose clothing, and a couple trap components.  Built most of a gigantic ice pyramid.

STUFF THAT GOT FIXED/DONE
We now have a captain of the Guard, which means dwarven justice is online.  Our fortress guard is currently made of marksdwarves set to wear heavy armor.
We are growing plump helmets and brewing again.  I still advise cleaning out any and all traders, and ordered booze from the liason at the highest priority.
We now have enough offerings to the caravan to become a Mountainhome.

STUFF I DIDN'T GET TO
1) The fortress guard needs an archery range.  I designated it and the bolt return/ammo stockpile dug out, but the ice quarrying took all my time.  The Captain of the Guard also doesn't have his earthly needs met
2) Some sort of refuse control mechanism: There's miasma spreading all over the place
3) Royal bedroom, throne room, dining room, and mausoleum with the racks, armor stands, chests, and cabinets for the king.  His Majesty will arrive shortly, since I offered to the dwarven caravan.  We have plenty of silver.
4) There's a TON of discarded clothing in the fort still.  I recommend pawning it off on the elves if possible.
5) The colossal ice pyramid was not finished, though it shouldn't take more than a season or two more in order to reach the top.  However, each level needs to be ordered individually...  It might also be worth it to deconstruct the walls on the first two z levels of the pyramid and rebuild them in ice, recovering the more useful stone blocks (and also making the pyramid solid ice)
6) Out of 291 dwarves, 106 are children and 30 more are peasants.  While I have faith that our future War Yetis will do good work, one might consider turning some of the masses I have pointlessly toiling away on a gigantic pyramid of ice into super-soldiers through some kitten-dropping magma-dousing contrivance.

Engraved on this wall is an image of Amberjewel...
Save!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Wait, what? I blink and then this.

Anyway, well done. I liked the engraving nonsense style of update.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Next up is zimer02, soneone please notify him.

zimer02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright I'll get a post up by tomorrow morning (at least before 11:00 AM)

Also I still haven't finished the back story (procrastination got me)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Next up is zimer02, soneone please notify him.
You're much better at organising this than I am. Oh well. I suppose I'm better at other things, like recursive self deprecating humour.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile

I'm going to tentatively request a turn. I'm extremely unreliable when it comes to these things, and my writing style is pretty dry and uninspired. Regardless, the fort is awesome and the past three or so narratives have been great, so I'll give it a go.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36